• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#26 Batbrick

Batbrick

• I'm back ...with a banana

Member: 1917

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:54 PM

View PostTheBrickster, on Feb 23 2008, 05:51 PM, said:

Thanks, but I can't take much credit as this is an official set (1371).  I did not think of using it until Batbrick's recommendation (thanks again BB!).
That alright, I see you've added a new part. The car looks great, I love the way you've positioned your driver and the spider web, it looks fantastic. Good idea to include that list as well, mice work.

Batbrick Away!  >:-)
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#27 LegoLyons

LegoLyons

Member: 2800

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:08 AM

Wowsa, this looks great and HUGE.

Jungle theme, I'm liking the idea of doing something too, (other than my small Ninja vignette), as you folks seem to have liked my foliage, I may have found my forté.  X-D

Love the plane crash, looks similar to the one in 'Lost'.

I have a couple of them scorpian trackers too, they'd fit right into a jungle, as you have proved.

Keep up the good work. *y*

#28 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Member: 174

Posted 24 February 2008 - 03:31 AM

View PostLegoLyons, on Feb 23 2008, 04:08 PM, said:

Wowsa, this looks great and HUGE.
Thanks LL.  I'm really enjoying building this as well, a little at a time.

My latest addition is the bridge from Knights' Kingdom Border Ambush (8778).  Combined with the shrine from River Expedition, I think it makes a great addition.

Posted Image

And the whole scene now:

Posted Image

EDIT:  Action shots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#29 Asuka

Asuka

• Pictural Poet

Member: 816

Posted 24 February 2008 - 03:49 AM

Itīs unbelievable, this dioramaīs growing almost as fast as the real thing....  :-P
Very good additions, and the skellie in the car looks great, but perhaps your plane
could use some foliage on top, right now it looks like a pretty fresh crash....

EDIT:
Upsy daisy, youīre  already scheming to do so, I didnīt read carefully enough.... :-$
Fine shots, BTW, especially the second one.... Light, cameras, uhhh.... crocodiles.  :'-(  *y*

#30 Inertia

Inertia

• Rebellious Snot

Member: 2653

Posted 24 February 2008 - 04:30 AM

8-° the KK II set looks perfect in there. I must remember to rebuild that, maybe you could add some of the old Castle forestmen sets but convert them for use with natives from Pirates?  X-D
I Return! I got lost upon the path of Life

Inertiatieri, A Rather DeadCaptain in The Baritones 2!

Hoist the Posted Image colors!!

And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic:

Posted Image

Please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

#31 hoang

hoang

Member: 2697

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:38 AM

i'm loving the updates with awesome pictures, makes me wanna go buy the mail plane and all mini plane

#32 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:15 PM

Today's addition is Orient Expedition Tygurah's Roar (7411).  It's part of a small island combined with the bridge from Border Ambush:

Posted Image

Posted Image

EDIT: Action shots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#33 Batbrick

Batbrick

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:49 PM

Wow! Thats looking great now TheBrickster, good choice of sets. They also have a lot of foliage on them which helps in fitting them in.

Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#34 Asuka

Asuka

• Pictural Poet

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:52 PM

Another fine addition, your shotsīre pretty cool and that neat river boatīs very lovely.  *y*
But Iīm not sure if connecting two similar, pendant bridge like constructions isnīt a little
too much. Maybe, incorporated between two neat hills, together or even separated, these
sets could work better and even more 'economical'....

#35 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Posted 25 February 2008 - 06:57 AM

Background Fun

I was considering a few different backdrop techniques, and decided to create one using my photo-printer, high-gloss paper, and some cardboard.  Although I would have preferred a nice Lego Indiana Jones jungle background scene, like on the cover of the latest Lego SAH catalogue (or even the official web page), I could not find an image large enough.  I ended up using a high quality rainforest image reprinting it several times to create a mural.

The result is this, which has not been photo-editted:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And the whole diorama:

Posted Image

Once more shrubbery and trees are added, I think the background will blend in nicely.
I'll take a few more shots tomorrow.

#36 LegoLyons

LegoLyons

Member: 2800

Posted 25 February 2008 - 08:47 AM

I think the backdrop looks good, its nice to see this WIP Progress. :-)

#37 DJ Force

DJ Force

• Topic Killer

Member: 1193

Posted 25 February 2008 - 11:10 AM

This is really looking great! Iīm planning to build a Pirates/Islanders Diorama soon. Your project convinced me that itīs possible to build a great looking jungle Diorama :-)

On a sidenote... Your jungle river gets a little overcrowded with all those new islands popping up :-D
Get yourself some more baseplates and shelfspace. Your great jungle MOC deserves to grow larger ;-)

Edited by DJ Force, 25 February 2008 - 11:15 AM.

Chapter 2 is online!
Posted Image
DonÂīt miss this epic adventure, the continuation of the Exo-Force story arch and let Exo-Force get the AFOL-treatment!

Chapter 1, Chapter 2
Building Instructions: Golden City Mini-Flyer, Sky Spy

#38 Asuka

Asuka

• Pictural Poet

Posted 25 February 2008 - 04:50 PM

That backgroundīs working very fine, brilliant!  :'-)

#39 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Posted 26 February 2008 - 03:24 AM

View PostLegoLyons, on Feb 25 2008, 12:47 AM, said:

I think the backdrop looks good, its nice to see this WIP Progress. :-)
Thanks LL.  My only complaint with the backdrop is the repetition in the one picture that's 8.5 x 11.

View PostDJ Force, on Feb 25 2008, 03:10 AM, said:

Iīm planning to build a Pirates/Islanders Diorama soon. Your project convinced me that itīs possible to build a great looking jungle Diorama :-)
Oh, I'd love to see it.  I don't own any of the Islander sets, so I'd be really interested in seeing what you put together.

View PostDJ Force, on Feb 25 2008, 03:10 AM, said:

On a sidenote... Your jungle river gets a little overcrowded with all those new islands popping up :-D
Get yourself some more baseplates and shelfspace. Your great jungle MOC deserves to grow larger ;-)
I know it may look a little crowded when looking at images like this:

Posted Image

but the island does have a good amount of space between it, the dock, and other side of the shore.  Here's a shot from the top to give you an idea:

Posted Image

I do have some more sopace on the table to expand though, so I just might.  I wanted the full look of the jungle though and when I add more foliage (once by bricks order comes in), it will be even more full (although I didn't order much).

View PostAsuka, on Feb 25 2008, 08:50 AM, said:

That backgroundīs working very fine, brilliant!  :'-)
Thanks Asuka.  The responders on this thread (including yourself) really gave me ideas for the overall design.  

Nothing new to add today.

#40 Batbrick

Batbrick

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:09 AM

Very good TheBrickster, I love the background, perfect choice!    Its a fantastic scene now, totally different (and better  ;-) ) than the first version you showed us. Good job, I look forward to seeing further extensions when that order comes in and the Indy 4 sets come out.

Posted Image

Batbrick Away!

#41 Bonaparte

Bonaparte

• Christmas Moose

Member: 822

Posted 02 March 2008 - 11:14 AM

I've been following you progress, but didn't post anything yet I just noticed.
This Jungle Adventure project of yours is amazing!

Adding a backdrop makes a huge difference on the pics.

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.

Posted Image

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#42 Lt. Col. Thok

Lt. Col. Thok

• Captain Blue Hair is the best!

Member: 1188

Posted 02 March 2008 - 02:14 PM

Very nice!  You've done a great job melding so many sets together.
"Once, there was only darkness. If you ask me, the light's winning"

#43 kaboom4

kaboom4

Member: 2863

Posted 09 March 2008 - 02:06 AM

Brilliant! This must of taken up at least 20 sets, no?

#44 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:15 AM

View Postkaboom4, on Mar 8 2008, 06:06 PM, said:

Brilliant! This must of taken up at least 20 sets, no?
Thanks.  It's around 15 now.  There's a list on the 1st message.  I'll be adding just a few more before the new Indiana Jones sets are out.  I've still got some more foliage and green baseplates to expand the jungle though.

ALL:  I'm thinking about creating a Jungle Adventure (similar to one of my past mysteries).

#45 WarnIcarus

WarnIcarus

Member: 2301

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:01 AM

You need more underbrush! The green plates look too regular and don't give off the overgrown feel of a jungle. If you do take to using more plant life in this diorama, I would recommend replacing the trees that look too manicured to be wild:
Posted Image

These make great examples of Spanish moss
Posted Image Posted Image

I love the crashed plane in the tree. It reminds me of LOST. The crashed car needs too look more beaten and overgrown

I just found this dio on Brickshelf. I think the builder masters the jungle brilliantly.

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=191333

Edited by WarnIcarus, 11 March 2008 - 01:03 AM.

#46 QuartermasterRobert

QuartermasterRobert

Member: 2844

Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:53 AM

I suggest working on the wrecked plane some. For one, the wings are way too short, and overall it doesn't look that "wrecked". Maybe remove some parts, add more foilage to it, or replace pieces with different colored ones to make it look weather worn.

#47 Turaga of Force

Turaga of Force
    Member: 972

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:55 PM

I love it!  Jungle Adventurers is my favorite theme, and this is a great representation of it!  I think it would look really cool if you got Amazon Ancient Ruins (try eBay or BrickLink if you want to get it) and added it.  It looks nice on the blue, flat surface too :)  Well done.
Save lives. Go vegan.

#48 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Posted 12 March 2008 - 04:18 AM

View PostWarnIcarus, on Mar 10 2008, 05:01 PM, said:

You need more underbrush! The green plates look too regular and don't give off the overgrown feel of a jungle. If you do take to using more plant life in this diorama, I would recommend replacing the trees that look too manicured to be wild
Posted Image
These make great examples of Spanish moss
Posted Image Posted Image
Yes, I agree in re. to the underbrush.  I have pieces on order from Pick-A-Brick.  In regard to the trees; however, I will be keeping them.  They may not be the most jungle-looking trees, but they are green and seem to fit in with the overall scheme of things.  

I would love to add some of the vine pieces and other moss pieces, but i don't have any to add.

I love the crashed plane in the tree. It reminds me of LOST. The crashed car needs too look more beaten and overgrown
I like the plane, although I've never seen Lost.  Thanks.  Batbrick had recommended adding it and I think it came out pretty well.  Here's an updated image:

Posted Image

I just found this dio on Brickshelf. I think the builder masters the jungle brilliantly.
I saw that.  It served as a good inspiration image.  As I get more foliage, I'd like to fill up my jungle in the same manner.  But keep in mind, it's a lot easier to fill up a small scene with foliage than it is an entire tabletop jungle. ;-)
Just compare a more recent picture to when I first started:

Posted Image

View PostQuartermasterRobert, on Mar 10 2008, 11:53 PM, said:

I suggest working on the wrecked plane some. For one, the wings are way too short, and overall it doesn't look that "wrecked". Maybe remove some parts, add more foilage to it, or replace pieces with different colored ones to make it look weather worn.
See the new image above, although I like your idea to wreck it a little more.  This is an official set, so I don't plan to change the wings.

View PostGahu: Turaga of Force, on Mar 11 2008, 01:55 PM, said:

I love it!  Jungle Adventurers is my favorite theme, and this is a great representation of it!  I think it would look really cool if you got Amazon Ancient Ruins (try eBay or BrickLink if you want to get it) and added it.  It looks nice on the blue, flat surface too :)  Well done.
Thanks Gahu.  Appreciate your positive feedback.  I've been looking at the Amazon set, but also like the Pirate Islander Enchanted Island a lot.  I plan to buy at least one old classic to add to the scene, just not sure which.

More to come...

#49 Batbrick

Batbrick

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:50 AM

Great new look to the airplane crash there TheBrickster, it looks a lot more wrecked now and I love the monkey and vines all over  *y*

To the Bricksignal!  >:-)
Posted Image

Batbrick Away!

#50 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

• Beep beep!

Member: 2351

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:29 PM

I will love to see how your jungle expands over time. It is really very nice and amazing.
If i can afford such space in my home, i will defintely engage into building a project for my Castle series!  *wub*

My BrickLink Store // Sign up for Reviewers Academy // Trains & Town Reviews // Black Knights Kingdom (EBRP) // Watch out EB News!

Click here to find out more about WhiteFang

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

My name is Wilhalm Bloodaxe and I am back to be part of the RagnarÃķk Now Redux.

Lord Kenneth Valise, Level 1 Knight, 28yrs old human
Power: 4 Health: 10/10 Gold: 10
Inventory: One potion, a Greatsword (WP: 3) and a Shield (SP: 2)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users