Sign in to follow this  
Getsome

CC Style buildings

Hello and welcome! *y*

You have a huge and charming layout here, and you

i saw these on BS the other day and they are wonderful! i especially like the fire station!

by the way, where in Canada are you from (and what LUG group is there, link please ;-) ), as i too live in Canada

nice block! :-)

i like the police station and the fire station. i'm not so sure about the hospital. city hospitals aren't that small. they are huge and probably sit in blocks by themselves instead of as a building in a block.

Welcome to Eurobricks, getsome!

This is a very impressive intruduction. I like the way you combined all the bluelight-headed engines in your scenery: The Firestation next to the hospital next to the police HQ. Beware of cars in full activity! :-D

The post office at the corner looks a bit unfriendly (too much black) though...

Alright alright, the post office building is a bank on the grey side. they are actually smoke mirrors as well, not black columns. As for the helicopter, this was my first medivac:

102_3037.jpg

102_2828.jpg

102_2824.jpg

102_2819.jpg

but as you can see it was a little big, but too cool to trash.... thanks for all the comments and the great welcome! I had to limit the size of some of the buildings, or else my whole block would be 3 themes..... Trying to get as much variety in so when displayed at shows, gives people lots to look at.....

Check out my BS folder to see some of my other creations;

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=217277

i saw these on BS the other day and they are wonderful! i especially like the fire station!

by the way, where in Canada are you from (and what LUG group is there, link please ;-) ), as i too live in Canada

I am from the eastcoast and part of NOVALUG....

Hello Getsome and welcome to EB

I have seen the pictures of your layout on brickshelf, nice to see that you have decided to post them on EB.

Your hospital is also my favourite. Keep it up *y*

BRGds

Barbossa

Hmm, I can't help but think that your buildings look a little plain. I think the hospital's the best looker here (it's design works and looks purposeful), but those two corner buildings you've built, they just look like plain variations on the CC-theme.

I suggest you flesh them out more - experiment with bricks for the decorations, and use other shapes for the walls - and maybe try out a new corner design instead of the "diagonal wall with tower"-design, maybe a suspended tower at the corner bit instead.

For that bank/post building, I would suggest you use less grey and black. Green and white instead of a black and grey canvas would be great start. I would also suggest you tone down on the contrasting colors for the post office.

And final piece of advice - get out and look at and/or take pcitures of buildings and see how their facades are designed. Try to replicate, integrate and improvise those designs into your buildings - it'll quickly look better.

Welcome at Eurobricks!

This is best way to introduce yourself *y*

Your buildings are are fantastic.

Especially the hospital looks great *wub*

Does it have an interior?

Welcome at Eurobricks!

This is best way to introduce yourself *y*

Your buildings are are fantastic.

Especially the hospital looks great *wub*

Does it have an interior?

Freddie: - Tks for the criticism, will try to improve on the current designs for sure.... was even thinking of swapping the corners around ( put the 2 yellow/red sections together and the 2 black/grey sections then spruce them up a little...)

it has a basic interior:

102_2983.jpg

Edited by Getsome

I like the skyroof and numbered tiles for your fire station! :-)

And oh, maybe it would look less 'blocky' if you add some small windows to your post-office building. I hope there's nothing secret going on in there except sorting out Bricklink parcels and other assorted mails ;-)

Edited by kinjai

A fantastic set up you have! I love that Fire Station, it really is great! But my favourite would have to be the hospital, it looks amazing, and those stickers really work well here. *y* *y*

~Peace

i agree with most posters here.. ur hospital looks beautiful! 2nd would be the Fire station too. Looks like most of the pieces used are from the current parts, which is great.

Though i find the black/white and yellow/black building a bit.. erm.. odd-colored? Yeah..

Welcome to EB! :'-)

i agree with most posters here.. ur hospital looks beautiful! 2nd would be the Fire station too. Looks like most of the pieces used are from the current parts, which is great.

Though i find the black/white and yellow/black building a bit.. erm.. odd-colored? Yeah..

Welcome to EB! :'-)

Yeah the colors are a bit off on some of them, but had to do the best with the pieces I had for now... will work on fixing them eventually...