Sign in to follow this  
Derek

New Clone Wars Movie

So There kicking off the Cartoon with a film, well I'll definately be seeing as well as buying all the new sets.

Wow, this is really great *sweet*

Wonder what it'll be about though, since the series is also about the Clone Wars...

Perhaps the movie is somewhat a direct follow-up of Attack Of The Clones 8-

This is what has been posed on most sites this morning:

Variety reports that the Star Wars: The Clone Wars series set to hit the Cartoon Network this fall will kick things off with a big-screen debut:

Lucasfilm has partnered with Warner Bros. Pictures and Turner Broadcasting on

Yeah, it looks really nice, I'm looking forward to it! *y*

Much better than the old clone wars cartoons/movies. I hope the story's better too! |-/

Yeah, it looks really nice, I'm looking forward to it! *y*

Much better than the old clone wars cartoons/movies. I hope the story's better too! |-/

Can't agree with that statement, seeing as the producers were only allowed 4-5 Mins per ep i think that the old CW were superb.

Can't agree with that statement, seeing as the producers were only allowed 4-5 Mins per ep i think that the old CW were superb.

Agreed completely! However, Greavy might be satisfied in this aspect: The original CW was meant to be a cartoon, quickly screened between shows. The new one is meant to be a collection of episodes. The original was a series; I liked it because the important stuff and the plot fixtures were quickly shown in about 5 minutes each. It wasn't like a half-hour scene, it would get everything you needed to know or see into 5 minutes. That method of screening was perfect for this series; you didn't need long screen time for each event. Until, of course, the end, when there's a duel, or when the hero does something important, for example, in the first one, where Anakin fights Assaj. That takes a good 10 minutes. In the second one: When Anakin rescues the Nelvann warriars and then destroys the core of the lab. In the new one it will be more like a movie. There's more to fill you in on, so it needs more screen time to make it make sense to you. So we'll probably see longer segments in this movie(we can call it that since it's no longer a series, I think) and bigger battles! For example, AT-TEs climbing up a hill! And hopefully more clone action! X-D Btw, I love Ashoka and Anakin's face in the last pic! :-D It's clearly a look of evident distress! :-P Anakin looks old in that shot! :-X His forehead is creased! *n* Also the last pic is probably in the Hutt Palace(must be Jabba's Palace now that we know Rotta is Jabba's son/nephew), but what are Anakin and Ashoka doing there ALSO? That is, in addition to Rex! Could they be going to rescue him and find Ventress? Could Ashoka die at the hands of Ventress? Could they be going to save Rotta from the CIS? Could... Nevermind, I got nothing. Whew! *stretches hand*

Edited by trooperdavinfelth

Holy crap!!! A new movie!! :'-) Awesome!!!!! Not being linked with fox eh, well there loss :-D .

So on to the film. It will have to be at least 80-90 mins long or people won't go X-D . I guess it will end with some kind of big cliffhanger to lead on to the series. Hopefully we will see lots of new ships and vehicles and places that can be made into great new sets. New jedi and characters. God this is going to be great!!

I'm so going. Let's hope that it's as fun to watch as the original Clone Wars tv series! ;-)

awsome! ...wel kinda... its awsome as a cartoon on tv, but i theatres? thats kind of... i dont know... childish? but ill bet lots of SW fans and just people in genral (or maybe not) will go to this. im not a huge SW fan, and i probably wont see this movie in theatres, but wait for it to some to DVD, as well as the TV seires. |-/ ;-) X-D

Yep i for one sure am happy to see that the rumours were true for once, i just hope Lucus secures a worldwide same day release. If not there's gonna be spoilers everywhere, oh and yes i believe that annie will be saving that baby hutt from what we have seen.

And thanks for posting the news DP.

Baby hutt? Hutty baby?

(M'aiq Recalls the scene in "Dark Empire" where boba knocks a Unnamed hutt off a hover platform into a chasm)

Can i see a pic of aforementioned baby Hutt?

i thought lucas said there will be no more movies?

well - to me i'm split in half.

I Love star wars i love the movies the lego and so on.But Cartoons? Sure i was sad when they released the cartoon on cartoon network but making a New movie for the big screen - just the thoght ripped me in half.A new Star Wars movie .A new CARTOON star wars movie.

:-( George - i'm ashamed :-(

I can't believe some fans feel George has betrayed them for releasing this to theaters. This series NEVER replaced any plans to do a live action movie. They felt that a lot of "mini-movies" (that's what they're treating these episodes as) could take place during the action of the Clone Wars.

The theatrical release is just an easy way to get a ton of exposure for the series.

It's possible that this movie will be a "preface" and not re-aired again a few weeks later, which would be a good way to get people into the theaters. Plus, many of us would have already seen these episodes once before.

As mentioned previously by many members in this topic a new star wars movie= AWESOME, but a new Cartoon star wars movie=meh. I mean I love the Clone Wars as much as 1 person possibly can, but why not make it a real life movie w/ the origianal actors? And then after everyones enticed by the movie introduce the cartoon series. I mean it can't be rated PG-13 because the cartoon is going to be on CN,Cartoon Network for those of you who didn't know. On another note I am thrilled that there will be another SW movie, but I can already remember the origanal cartoon SW movies, one word yuck!

So as another member stated I am also split in two about this new CW movie. If it's done right I think it will be a big sucess, as long as its not too kidyish of course. :-/

My hope rests with George on this one, please please do it right!

A very hopeful Wookie general, General Tarful

EDIT: Does this mean that all the ships in the movie will be canon? That would be sweet! *sweet*

Now that I've had more time to think on this new movie George will probably amaze us all, once again X-D ,

with new ships, vehicles, places and epic duels and battles that will hopefully all be captured in Lego form.

Edited by GeneralTarful

For one thing we have seen one ship from the CGI series in LEGO, the new Jedi starfigher. Bring on more! But with less freaky faces, great find, although this was announced quite a while ago...

It was said in the beginning that there was going to be a ordinary movie (real characters).

This idea was supposed to be between Ep. III and Ep. IV.

Not going to deal with any of the famous characters.

But how the universe was transformed after the Imperial.

That idea was thorn pretty fast. Rumors said that they started to film this.

Don

It was said in the beginning that there was going to be a ordinary movie (real characters).

This idea was supposed to be between Ep. III and Ep. IV.

-Ras-

As far as i know the real live character show is still in the early production stages Ras. I have not heard of any plans to scrap this project yet :-) . So hopefully we should be getting both X-D .

It's intresting but I'm not sure it'll get my money, not that I go to the cienma to often, with what they charge in London. Does anyone know who's writing it? If it's someone who writen something I've seen and liked I might give it a try.

i thought lucas said there will be no more movies?

well - to me i'm split in half.

I Love star wars i love the movies the lego and so on.But Cartoons? Sure i was sad when they released the cartoon on cartoon network but making a New movie for the big screen - just the thoght ripped me in half.A new Star Wars movie .A new CARTOON star wars movie.

:-( George - i'm ashamed :-(

Sounds like someone doesen't like the new jist of the new movie, let alone the animated series! But nay, we may hold true to our opinions. Anyway, you must not be THAT much up to date! Lucas might have said that, but he also might have changed sides since then. ;-)

As far as i know the real live character show is still in the early production stages Ras. I have not heard of any plans to scrap this project yet :-) . So hopefully we should be getting both X-D .
Nice my Star Wars friend!

Thought the real one was totally out.

But you mean this live thing will still be about the time between Ep. III and Ep. IV?

Haven

But you mean this live thing will still be about the time between Ep. III and Ep. IV?

Haven

I think *yoda* just answered all your questions on this in the other thread about it. :-D

Yeay I posted it here and then I figured out there was a topic about the live show so I moved it ;-)

And I thought no one would notice :-P

*yoda*