Review: 7621 Indiana Jones - The Lost Tomb

15 replies to this topic

#1 Piranha

Piranha

• Tag! You're it

Member: 1506

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:09 AM

At my local Wal*Mart there was most of the 2008 sets including the Indiana Jones ones :'-) I picked up this one and the Motorcycle Chase!

Name: 7621 Lost Tomb
Price: $20.00
Parts: 277
Figs: 3

*Box Art
First off we have the great Indiana Jones Box art!! I must say the designers did an excellent job on it! I love the little temple design with skulls! As well as including Indy in the right hand corner.

Posted Image

The back of the box is just as cool showing all the neat play features of the set as well as an advertisement for the Indiana Jones Game

Posted Image

*Figs
First off we have our hero, Indian............. What the hell? Why is there a freaking CW Anakin head on Indy!! There was a production slip up as instead of Indy's head I get Anakin's! :-| |-/ I open the box up and there staring me in the face is his ugly face!!

Posted Image

TLC is defiantly doing to here a gnarly complaint from me!! >:-(
Ok now here we have the " real" Indy fig that is supposed to come with the set :-D

Posted Image

I just noticed that his fedora hat goes down in the back!

Posted Image

Bonus Picture Time, Here is a jacketless Indy with his sleeve torn off, like he looks in the Temple of doom *sweet*

Posted Image

The next figure up is our lovely Marion *wub* *wub* *wub*

Posted Image

Plus her head is reversible with a scared face X-D Love the new hairpiece in black!!

Posted Image

Finally we have our undead skellie with second style head and poseable arms

Posted Image

*The Well Of Souls

The set itself is a nice model and playset! The Anubis statues are very cool and I love all the hieroglyphs on the walls 8-´┐Ż

Posted Image

Here is the SW link with Artoo and 3P0 X-D

Posted Image

The Ark in its resting place

Posted Image

The Ark removed, its very cool indeed, but TLC should have made the whole thing in chrome gold |-/ not metallic gold with brown and yellow!!

Posted Image

The closeup of the Anubis statue, Yes the Eye is a sticker but at leasts a gold color!

Posted Image

*Playability

First off you can pull the pin on the Anubis statues which send them falling and taking out the walls. Behind the wall a skellie swings out!

Posted Image

There is a lever in the back of the model where you push down and the snakes shower down upon the figs hehe

Posted Image

With the snakes all around, Marion is both modeling with the new carrot torch and fending off viscous cobras :-D

Posted Image

In the meantime Indy uses his whip to scale the wall and avoid all the snakes which he is afriad of. In the meantime leaving Marion behind to fight them off. :-P

Posted Image
The whip is bendable but it will always snap back into a coil, its some type of bendy hard plastic

*Scoring
Figs- 9/10
Model- 8/10
Playability- 8.5/10
Overall Satisfaction- 4/10 (would be 9/10 if it wasn't for the stupid Anakin head error!)

In the end this is a charming set and could easily fit in with the adventurers! It has the cool Anubis statues as well as the Ark. Plus Indy, Marion and a skellie, great selection of figs but Sallah would have been better since he actually removes the ark with Indy

However I am still wondering the point of the Anubis statues, this set does seem pretty silly :-P
P

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image

#2 legolover100

legolover100

Member: 1912

Posted 08 February 2008 - 07:04 AM

Thank you for this review! it is a brilliant set! i am definitely getting this set once Indy is released in New zealand hurry up TLC! >:-(  

PS:could i have pic of what Indy looks like with an old classic whip?
Space: The final frontier......

#3 Vader

Vader

Member: 83

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:17 AM

Wow what a screw up from Lego! That one is even more out there than the extra obi wan in the RC. X-D

#4 xwingyoda

xwingyoda

Member: 255

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:19 AM

Tks for your great review Pirnha  ;-)

View PostPiranha, on Feb 8 2008, 05:09 AM, said:

First off we have our hero, Indian............. What the hell? Why is there a freaking CW Anakin head on Indy!! There was a production slip up as instead of Indy's head I get Anakin's!  :-|  |-/ I open the box up and there staring me in the face is his ugly face!!
G another production error  >:-(  At least we know they manufacture licenses sets in the same place  :-D
Did that happpen to any of you guys ?

View PostPiranha, on Feb 8 2008, 05:09 AM, said:

Posted Image
Cool fig  8-░  Will need to make one like that for keeps (will change me from having Indy numerous times  :-D )

*yoda*

#5 Sinner

Sinner

• Mike's Magical Elf

Member: 1554

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:43 AM

That is the one of the oddest mistakes I have ever heard of!  :-D Even so, you have to admit that it is good news for you; Lego will hapily give you the right head if you ask. Thanks for the review. I have this set too.  *wub*

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!

#6 Mr Spielbrick

Mr Spielbrick

• Worse than iOS 6 Maps

Member: 2148

Posted 09 February 2008 - 04:18 PM

Nice review, all the important stuff is there. Weird cock-up by TLC to put an Ani face on Indy... I didn't encounter any mistakes in my four Indy sets.

Great selfmade Temple of Doom Indy fig, Piranha!

So uhm... Has anyone found out yet what the extra hieroglyphic stickers are for?
Big fan of licensed themes and collectable minifigures.
Still trying to get a short brickfilm out there at some point...

#7 SupremeCommmanderGrievous

SupremeCommmanderGrievous

Member: 1932

Posted 09 February 2008 - 04:32 PM

I have noticed that at my local TLC store (Orlando) they have this set in a glass case on display...with the CW Anakin head on Indy. I did not realize this was such I widespread problem.
My LEGO Star Wars Brickfilm: Jedi Hunters [Edit] 2 million views on YouTube. Wahoo!

Posted Image

#8 Derek

Derek

• Sith no more

Member: 2075

Posted 09 February 2008 - 04:41 PM

View PostSupremeCommmanderGrievous, on Feb 9 2008, 11:32 AM, said:

I have noticed that at my local TLC store (Orlando) they have this set in a glass case on display...with the CW Anakin head on Indy. I did not realize this was such I widespread problem.

I saw this review on S@H....

"In Lego World we're all detail conscious, right? Our set(really my 8-yr-old son's) came with the wrong head for Indiana Jones! Thin eyebrows, no five o'clock shadow, lots of red scars...really hard for him to get into the character. Everything else is great - especially the falling wall and snake trap!"

I might get this set today. I hope I dont have this problem!  8-|

Dp8

View PostIgnited_Impulse, on 20 September 2010 - 01:51 AM, said:

Dude, you've got a Final Fantasy sig and you're on a lego forum....arguing about elves. Try not to think you're some cool guy because you don't play D&D
My Flickr Account

#9 Mr Spielbrick

Mr Spielbrick

• Worse than iOS 6 Maps

Member: 2148

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:45 PM

View PostSupremeCommmanderGrievous, on Feb 9 2008, 04:32 PM, said:

I have noticed that at my local TLC store (Orlando) they have this set in a glass case on display...with the CW Anakin head on Indy. I did not realize this was such a widespread problem.

Seriously? So the person(s) who made that display are pretty clueless, too. Weird mistake to make by TLC.
(Sorry if I did something wrong with +/-, I thought that was the quote-button!  :-$ )

Let us know how your Indy head adventure turns out, darthperson. I hope you'll get the Indy face.

Edited by Mr Spielbrick, 09 February 2008 - 05:46 PM.

Big fan of licensed themes and collectable minifigures.
Still trying to get a short brickfilm out there at some point...

#10 Asuka

Asuka

• Pictural Poet

Member: 816

Posted 09 February 2008 - 06:05 PM

Thanks for a nice review, Piranha.  *y*
A lovely playset, with a classical Egyptian adventurers touch. Although I┤m not
completely sure for the robot arms for the statues.... Somehow, a little more details
could┤ve worked well for that set....  8-|

#11 Piranha

Piranha

• Tag! You're it

Member: 1506

Posted 10 February 2008 - 12:45 AM

Wow I can't believe other people have had this same head error mistake!  X-O I thought it was one of those extreme cases of production slip up!

The good thing is I will get a replacement Indy head, and get to keep that Anakin head!!
I forgot to mention that my set was also missing 1 black ear piece for the Anubis statues

There also are extra stickers for my set, I can't figure out what they are for though?

hehe, I too like my TOD Indy fig  8-|  :-D

P

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image

#12 Commander Andrew of 501 st

Commander Andrew of 501 st

Member: 1858

Posted 10 February 2008 - 02:49 AM

View PostPiranha, on Feb 7 2008, 09:09 PM, said:

*Figs
First off we have our hero, Indian............. What the hell? Why is there a freaking CW Anakin head on Indy!! There was a production slip up as instead of Indy's head I get Anakin's!  :-|  |-/ I open the box up and there staring me in the face is his ugly face!!
the same thing happened to me with the head , boy was i pissed! *sing*  and i also got this set from cruddy wal mart

Bionicle Winter 2009 Sets:Gladitorian: 3/6 Agori: 1/6 Titans: 1/2
Back into Starwars theme
Power Miners is meh
Pirates RRRRrrr! all good

My Flickr

#13 lego.ryan

lego.ryan

Member: 1933

Posted 10 February 2008 - 03:05 AM

I got mine today!  X-D

I too got an Anakin Clone Wars head, although I'm not really complaining since I already have an Indy head from the Motorcycle Chase set. It is really odd that they would pack in such a different looking head though.

Also, for those that think the head has no use, try placing it under one of the braided new brown dwarf beards. It looks pretty nice, I think!  *y*

On the set, it's wonderful! The hieroglyphic stickers are wonderful, Marion (especially her head and hair) is wonderful, and the Anubis statues are nice too. There's also lots of nice tan parts, such as 20 round 2x2s, and 8 1x8 bricks. All in all, it's a great set for the price, and I can't wait to get Race for the Stolen Treasure and Temple Escape now!   *sweet*

#14 simonjedi

simonjedi

• PT Jedi are the BEST!

Member: 1965

Posted 10 February 2008 - 02:18 PM

Posted Image

DAMMIT INDY, YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO OPEN THE ARK!!!

i really like this set, i only brought it for Marion  but its a nice set and fun to build.

Posted Image

| 7674 V19 Torrent Starfighter Review |

[*] Dr. Ben Elegnem, head of medical staff in INFECTED (Killed Night 2) (Not Infected)

[*]Jimmy Palmer (Gas Station Attendant) in Prohibition Mafia (Scum)

#15 Lt. Col. Thok

Lt. Col. Thok

• Captain Blue Hair is the best!

Member: 1188

Posted 10 February 2008 - 02:37 PM

I got this set and there weren't any qualms/misprints/mis packagings.  Hmmm, must be a small problem.
Quick! Defend your breakfast choice!CLICK
Posted Image
My "Pirates in the Snow" Series: Part One~Part Two~Part Three
Follow my new LDD Castle series: Church~Butcher Shop~Soldier's Pub~Blockhouse
Is it just a coincidence that Grand Theft Auto and the Greater Toronto Area use the same initials? :-p
My Brickshelf Posted Image<---Thanks Joey!

#16 Erdbeereis

Erdbeereis

• Not short in real life

Member: 2630

Posted 10 February 2008 - 05:29 PM

Yeah in mine I did not have any problems. Well except on one of my dark blue round pieces it was a bit damaged but it still worked fine and I got a replacement from LEGO.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users