EB News Presents: Alex54

18 replies to this topic

#1 Shadows

Shadows

• Awesome, brilliant, not redundant.

Member: 1558

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:31 PM

*as the show begins, the camera zooms in on imperialshadows*
Before we start this episode, I'd just like to take a moment to say a few words. Recently, we've been running a few extra episodes of EB News Presents, and you might be wondering why. It's because Staudie is crazy. No, I kid. Well, he is crazy, but that isn't why, though...

Basically, we're backlogged with great interviews and have been getting so much positive response to the ones we have done, we hate to see them held back. That said, I fully intend to reign this back in to a more reasonable schedule, not exceeding 1 or 2 a week, like we were doing previously.

Thank you for your understanding and continued viewing!

*camera fades and returns to the show intro*
Welcome to another exciting episode of EB News Presents! I'm your host, imperialshadows, our reporter this evening is Stauder, though I don't know where he is at the moment, and our special guest is Alex54, who also hasn't shown up, maybe they're off talking before the show. As you will note, we're filming in our special underwater studio to accomodate Alex54. Hope you enjoy the new set!

*Staudie enters the studio*
Posted Image
Um... why are you dressed for the old west? We did the Brick Miner episode weeks ago, and we're underwater. :-|
HUH?!?!?

Posted Image
So that's why Betsy went belly up. Back to the changing room!
*sigh* This is what I have to deal with folks.

*Staudie and Alex54 both enter the studio*
Posted Image

You know, this is quite an interesting set, it has a lot of character. And LEGO ice trays. And a license plate. *wacko* HEY! Look! It's my old pistol from my, uh, seafaring days!
You really are old.
If you plan to ever get old ... >:-(

That's my cue to start the interview!

Q. So, Why the name Alex54? And why the Odd title? (Witch I belive is some french TV show... )
A. My first name is Alexandre, so my usual nickname is Alex. And 54 because it’s the number of the territorial and administrative division of France, where I leave: the “Meurthe et Moselle”.
For my title, in one topic I have spoken about the cartoon and manga that I watched when I was a child. And there were a TV show for kids, the “Club Dorothée”. Dorothée sung too, and after this discussion in the topic, I put a link to one of her song in my signature. And tada! I have a new title!

Q. What got you into lego? Do you regret this? *Don't Hurt Me*
A. As far as I can remember, I’ve always played with LEGO. I’ve started with DUPLO (but my parents had given them to my younger cousins, so I don’t have DUPLO anymore…), and after it was LEGO system, and after some Technic sets. Every year, I’ve got some LEGO for presents for Christmas  :'-) ! So I have grown with those plastic bricks, without any dark age. In fact, when you have the age to be in a dark period, i-e a teenager, TLC was in a dark period too! So there were not so many great sets during this period (1998-2002), and I’ve bought the few ones that appealed to me.
And of course no I don’t regret that! LEGO is the only things that I never stop to like, it’s a timeless hobby, far away from “fashion hobbies”!

Q. What do you think about the things TLC is doing? I think its nice they are listening to us.
A. Well, I really like the set from the two last years. TLC gives us some really nice sets and really nice theme: Aquaraiders, Castle, Indy, Sponge Bob and City of course.
TLC has made a real step in the right direction in term of design!
Listening to AFOL is great, especially when TLC brings us sets like Café Corner, Market Street and Green Grocer, some sets for AFOL (not only for the difficulty, but for the price too!)

Q. What is your favourite set? Say top 3
A. Well, I’ve always hated to choose a favourite thing among others from a same universe. I need some crappy sets to make my favourite sets so favourite!
So, here 3 sets that I really like:

Set 6399 Airport Shuttle
Posted Image
It’s a set with a lot of potential in term of life in a layout. I like the fact that it connects the downtown to the airport, using a motorized shuttle! When it’s motorized, there are some stars in the children’s eyes when they look at them in movement! Unfortunately, I don’t have it.

Set 6285 Black seas Barracuda
Posted Image
I remembered that, when I was a child, during the holidays, there were some fountain in which you have to throw a coin to have a wish comes true. And my wish was to have this set… And that’s never happened :'-( . So don’t loose your money, save it for LEGO sets! ;-)

I like the 1990-1996 years of LEGO in fact.

My last choice is 10182, Café Corner
Posted Image
This is the set which gives me the more interesting building experience. I’ve learned a lot with this set, which is a pure beauty, the first set from a nice and long series, I hope!

Some very nice choices, indeed! *y*

Q. What is your best IRL Lego moment? How did you feel?
A. My best LEGO moment was my first LEGOLAND. I went to legoland Germany with Yoda and Jipay. I was on a little cloud, between dream and stars… 8-°  :'-)
And each time that I open a new set appears like a real moment of joy, whatever the size of the set.
So I know those two French guys (You didn’t ask me if I known other members…).

Q. Your a AFOL right?
A. I don’t understand the question… Do you mean that I’m Adult? Yes I am, a young man of course, and for a long time!
Don't mind Staudie, he's 12. Everyone seems old to him. |-/

Q.  Best EB moment (Except this of course  X-D  ) ?
A. Each time that I’m at work and take 5 min just to see if there is any news from nice sets…
And each time that we have discussions, explaining our point of view, in the forum.

Q.  I'll admit I have not seen much of your work, can you show us some of your mocs?
A. What?! You don’t know what my mocs look like |-/ ? Everybody on earth know them! Shame on you!

I’m a town mocer and here some pics of my mocs:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And here a bird view of my last (but not least) layout:
Posted Image

I'm a Staudie mocker.
I'm a ... darn, I couldn't think of anything funny to say.
You just did.

Oh look everyone, it's Larry! |-/
Posted Image

Hmm... seems like he's attacking Staudie again. I suppose we should do something about that, but I let security have the day off. Darn.
Posted Image

Better watch out there!
Posted Image
Hey, you care about me! You really care!
I was talking to Larry.
Oh. Back to the interview ... :'-(

Q. Am I annoying you past the borders of sanity?
A. I have learned to be patient with people, so no! :-P

Q. Do the Chicken Dance! *Cluck Cluck Cluck*
A. Hopefully you can’t see me doing that!
Weirder and weirder.

Q. Any message you'd like to spread?
A. Just have fun with your bricks!

Q. Who sould we interview Next?
A. Hobbes
A good idea!

And there you have it folks! After all those interruptions and delays, we're running a little over time, so from all of us to all of you, thanks for watching!
*camera fades*

*imperialshadows remembers something important he needs to add and has the cameras start broadcasting again so he can take care of it, but the scene revealed isn't what anyone expected...*

Posted Image
STAUDIE! What are you doing with that Playmobile person??? X-O
AAAAAAAH! NO ONE WAS SUPPOSED TO EVER SEE THAT! *Staudie runs in terror*

That was just shocking... I can't even remember what I wanted to add now... *wacko*

*camera fades*

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines and the Index of helpful tutorials
Or learn more about the site in the Eurobricks Visual User Guide

#2 Stauder

Stauder

• Beware, he's back!

Member: 1134

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:08 PM

>.< You said you wouldnt show that pic to anyone!

Stauder
Posted Image
The above is a paid advertisement by EuroBricks News FLC (Fake LEGO Company). Eurobricks News FLC is 45% Stauder™ (The Annoying Parts), 25% ImperialShadows™ (The Funny Parts), 10% Whitefang™ (The Reviewsy Parts), 7% Zepher™ (The Female Parts... er...) and 7% Stash2Sixx™ (The Photographic Parts).

The previously stated ingredients of EuroBricks News FLC are a trade secret and if you tell anyone I will stab you. In the eye. With a titanium spork.
EuroBricks News FLC is a Trademark of the EB News Team. © EB News 2006 -THE FUTURE!™

#3 Hobbes

Hobbes

• Retired

Member: 359

Posted 05 February 2008 - 04:41 PM

View Postimperialshadows, on Feb 5 2008, 12:31 PM, said:

Q. Who sould we interview Next?
A. Hobbes
Ah, that was you! I'll take my revenge in Günzburg... :-P

A good idea!
You sure?

#4 Hinckley

Hinckley

• I am not a control freak

Member: 486

Posted 05 February 2008 - 05:29 PM

View PostHobbes, on Feb 5 2008, 10:41 AM, said:

You sure?
The people are demanding it, Hobbes.

Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image Posted Image

#5 Stauder

Stauder

• Beware, he's back!

Posted 05 February 2008 - 05:38 PM

Ahh yes Hobbes, It was Alex that asked for you to be dragged in  X-D

Stauder
Posted Image
The above is a paid advertisement by EuroBricks News FLC (Fake LEGO Company). Eurobricks News FLC is 45% Stauder™ (The Annoying Parts), 25% ImperialShadows™ (The Funny Parts), 10% Whitefang™ (The Reviewsy Parts), 7% Zepher™ (The Female Parts... er...) and 7% Stash2Sixx™ (The Photographic Parts).

The previously stated ingredients of EuroBricks News FLC are a trade secret and if you tell anyone I will stab you. In the eye. With a titanium spork.
EuroBricks News FLC is a Trademark of the EB News Team. © EB News 2006 -THE FUTURE!™

#6 Kliq

Kliq

Member: 2155

Posted 05 February 2008 - 05:58 PM

I remembered that, when I was a child, during the holidays, there were some fountain in which you have to throw a coin to have a wish comes true. And my wish was to have this set… And that’s never happened  . So don’t loose your money, save it for LEGO sets!

Hahaha!   :-D  That was great.

Terrific interview!  *y*

#7 Asuka

Asuka

• Pictural Poet

Member: 816

Posted 05 February 2008 - 08:01 PM

A nice interview in a neat underwater scenery, very neat. And a train wash, now that´s cool....  :'-)  *y*

#8 Johnny 5

Johnny 5

Member: 1999

Posted 05 February 2008 - 08:24 PM

Wow great interview

I'm really impressed with that mini cafe corner.
Whats funny is I'm pretty sure i encountered your town layout on Brickshelf before, small world.

#9 ExoBuilder

ExoBuilder

• Come mister tally man, tally me sales!

Member: 1463

Posted 05 February 2008 - 08:37 PM

Another great interview, good job!

So far, all of your creations I've seen from you are amazing Alex54, keep up the great work *y*

*sweet*

#10 Batbrick

Batbrick

• I'm back ...with a banana

Member: 1917

Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:05 PM

Another great interview guys, I love the underwater studio!  *y*
Its always interesting to hear more about our members, I love that mini Cafe Corner and Market Street  *wub*
Though that Playmobile pic was a tad, er....

Batbrick Away!  >:-)
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#11 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Member: 174

Posted 06 February 2008 - 04:52 AM

View PostBatbrick, on Feb 5 2008, 02:05 PM, said:

Though that Playmobile pic was a tad, er....

Hey now!  Playmobil is cool.  I don't care what all you Lego lovers say.  Don't be ashamed to admit you like them Alex!

Posted Image
TheBrickster on his way to Deadwood, somewhere in the Playmobil Wild West

5 Miles to Deadwood: Playmobil Western Mystery

#12 Batbrick

Batbrick

• I'm back ...with a banana

Member: 1917

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:13 AM

View PostTheBrickster, on Feb 6 2008, 03:52 PM, said:

Hey now!  Playmobil is cool.  I don't care what all you Lego lovers say.  Don't be ashamed to admit you like them Alex!
Oh no you've misinterpreted my poorly worded statement  :-$ , I merely meant that it was a tad random, out of the blue if you will  ;-)
No I don't mind Playmobil, I recall you had a topic on it and thats fine. I had also seen that pic prior to this interview which added to my surprise.

Love for Playmobil ON!

Batbrick Away!  >:-)

Edited by Batbrick, 06 February 2008 - 05:14 AM.

And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#13 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:21 AM

Gotcha BB.  No offense taken.

#14 Piranha

Piranha

• Tag! You're it

Member: 1506

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:37 AM

Yet another pleasant interview!  *y*  I really enjoy reading these, some are very interesting!
Nice Car Wash there Alex! I love the little racing car modified for Minifigs  :-D

p

Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image

#15 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:39 AM

Oh, I'm sorry.  I forgot to mention that I love your Underwater Sub Scene Alex.  You've also got a pretty extensive collection of City sets.  Great pictures.  Thanks for sharing.

#16 Shadows

Shadows

• Awesome, brilliant, not redundant.

Member: 1558

Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:40 AM

View PostTheBrickster, on Feb 5 2008, 11:39 PM, said:

Oh, I'm sorry.  I forgot to mention that I love your Underwater Sub Scene Alex.  You've also got a pretty extensive collection of City sets.  Great pictures.  Thanks for sharing.
You know, both the underwater scenes and the Playmobile pic were Staudie's. The city was  all Alex though.

;-)

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!

Read the site guidelines and the Index of helpful tutorials
Or learn more about the site in the Eurobricks Visual User Guide

#17 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Posted 06 February 2008 - 02:38 PM

View Postimperialshadows, on Feb 5 2008, 10:40 PM, said:

You know, both the underwater scenes and the Playmobile pic were Staudie's. The city was  all Alex though.
*wacko* There seems to be a lot of this going on lately.
Signed BrickMinerTheBrickster

#18 Stauder

Stauder

• Beware, he's back!

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:34 PM

As this topic isnt confusing enough I shall help with a picture. (Dont hask how I did this, you can see a reflection of my hand waiting to catch the tank tough)
Posted Image

Stauder  X-D
Posted Image

#19 alex54

alex54

• CC reducer, city expander

Member: 560

Posted 07 February 2008 - 09:49 PM

View PostHobbes, on Feb 5 2008, 05:41 PM, said:

>:-)
imperialshadows and Stauder, thanks to have made this interview in an underwater studio!

ANd thanks everybody for your comments on my mocs! :-$

Posted Image                        Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users