Jump to content


Discovery Bricks - Chapter 3


24 replies to this topic

#1 LuxorV

LuxorV

  • Will Cat Accordingly.


    Posts: 6239
    Joined: 11-July 07
    Member: 1771
    Country: Italy

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:33 AM

Here is the third chapter of my comic:

Pag 1
Pag 2
Pag 3
Pag 4
Pag 5
Pag 6
Pag 7
Pag 8
Pag 9
Pag 10
Pag 11

I also found a title for it: Discovery Bricks.

What do you think of it :-$ ?


LuxorV

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


Looking for new decals or help customising your LEGO elements? Check the Minifig Customisation Index!

My Brickshelf --- My Flickr


#2 Stauder

Stauder

  • Beware, he's back!


    Posts: 1967
    Joined: 21-December 06
    Member: 1134
    Country: Malta

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:51 AM

Nice work, big and detailed sets :-) By The way that  was not IS, it was a stunt double, He'd never say "Sir" :-P

Also is that me in the last page last pic?  X-D


Wonder where the mech went... Such a shame, next time just give it to me instead  :'-)


Stauder

Edited by Stauder, 04 February 2008 - 09:52 AM.

Posted Image
The above is a paid advertisement by EuroBricks News FLC (Fake LEGO Company). Eurobricks News FLC is 45% Stauder™ (The Annoying Parts), 25% ImperialShadows™ (The Funny Parts), 10% Whitefang™ (The Reviewsy Parts), 7% Zepher™ (The Female Parts... er...) and 7% Stash2Sixx™ (The Photographic Parts).

The previously stated ingredients of EuroBricks News FLC are a trade secret and if you tell anyone I will stab you. In the eye. With a titanium spork.
EuroBricks News FLC is a Trademark of the EB News Team. © EB News 2006 -THE FUTURE!™

#3 LuxorV

LuxorV

  • Will Cat Accordingly.


    Posts: 6239
    Joined: 11-July 07
    Member: 1771
    Country: Italy

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:58 AM

View PostStauder, on Feb 4 2008, 10:51 AM, said:

Nice work, big and detailed sets :-) By The way that  was not IS, it was a stunt double, He'd never say "Sir" :-P

Also is that me in the last page last pic?  X-D
Wonder where the mech went... Such a shame, next time just give it to me instead  :'-)
Stauder
Thanks :-)

Yes, it's you. And you were also driving the bulldozer, but it isn't shown in the first pics, due to camera angles :-$


LuxorV

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


Looking for new decals or help customising your LEGO elements? Check the Minifig Customisation Index!

My Brickshelf --- My Flickr


#4 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 04 February 2008 - 10:13 AM

A very neat and well done comic LuxorV!  I love the sets, they look fantastic, and the humour is very funny in places. I especially liked Hinckley touching the control panel and Sinner killing the robot with boring talk (do I smell a bit of Hitchhikers inspiration there?  :-P )  
Overall an excellent job, as always.

Do you plan on more? Oh please do more!

Batbrick Away!  >:-)
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#5 LuxorV

LuxorV

  • Will Cat Accordingly.


    Posts: 6239
    Joined: 11-July 07
    Member: 1771
    Country: Italy

Posted 04 February 2008 - 10:23 AM

View PostBatbrick, on Feb 4 2008, 11:13 AM, said:

A very neat and well done comic LuxorV!  I love the sets, they look fantastic, and the humour is very funny in places. I especially liked Hinckley touching the control panel and Sinner killing the robot with boring talk (do I smell a bit of Hitchhikers inspiration there?  :-P )  
Overall an excellent job, as always.

Do you plan on more? Oh please do more!

Batbrick Away!  >:-)
Sinner's scene with the Exo-Apes leader was inspired both by The Guide and Sinner's entry in the Kill a Skellie contest ;-)

I'm glad you like my work, and yes, I'm planning to do more, but it will take 3 or 4 months for chapter 4. [Time has come, and I'll be away in the field for paleontological digging now and then, with no possibility of using the net or my bricks :'-(  |-/
So, expect my posts to be sporadic in the next months :-) ].


LuxorV

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


Looking for new decals or help customising your LEGO elements? Check the Minifig Customisation Index!

My Brickshelf --- My Flickr


#6 Shadows

Shadows

  • Awesome, brilliant, not redundant.


    Posts: 14374
    Joined: 30-April 07
    Member: 1558
    Country: USA

Posted 04 February 2008 - 10:31 AM

Wow! You've started doing comics! How convenient that I discovered these during the very episode in which I first appear, though I can't imagine why you started with episode 3 . Is this going to be one of those Star Wars things where you come back later and do really crummy episodes to fill in before the good ones? X-D

Whatever the case, top notch job on this one! *y*

View PostStauder, on Feb 4 2008, 03:51 AM, said:

Nice work, big and detailed sets :-) By The way that  was not IS, it was a stunt double, He'd never say "Sir" :-P
It's called acting, something that some of us television professionals have learned to do. :-|

View PostLuxorV, on Feb 4 2008, 03:58 AM, said:

Yes, it's you. And you were also driving the bulldozer, but it isn't shown in the first pics, due to camera angles :-$
Brilliant! I shall steal that very excuse for when I don't want him on the show!

View PostLuxorV, on Feb 4 2008, 04:23 AM, said:

Time has come, and I'll be away in the field for paleontological digging now and then, with no possibility of using the net or my bricks :'-(  |-/
So, expect my posts to be sporadic in the next months :-)
Need an assistant? I hear that a certain cub reporter is available. ;-)

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


#7 LuxorV

LuxorV

  • Will Cat Accordingly.


    Posts: 6239
    Joined: 11-July 07
    Member: 1771
    Country: Italy

Posted 04 February 2008 - 10:37 AM

View Postimperialshadows, on Feb 4 2008, 11:31 AM, said:

Need an assistant? I hear that a certain cub reporter is available. ;-)
Since we have tons of rocks to carry, that could be a good idea. And, we'll be in Sicily, so he could reach us with a short swim, just to save on the travel expenses X-D . But we don't have money for his meals. Is it ok anyway 8-| ?


LuxorV

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


Looking for new decals or help customising your LEGO elements? Check the Minifig Customisation Index!

My Brickshelf --- My Flickr


#8 Shadows

Shadows

  • Awesome, brilliant, not redundant.


    Posts: 14374
    Joined: 30-April 07
    Member: 1558
    Country: USA

Posted 04 February 2008 - 10:45 AM

View PostLuxorV, on Feb 4 2008, 04:37 AM, said:

Since we have tons of rocks to carry, that could be a good idea. And, we'll be in Sicily, so he could reach us with a short swim, just to save on the travel expenses X-D . But we don't have money for his meals. Is it ok anyway 8-| ?
LuxorV
You've got a deal, considering I figured I'd have to pay you to take him. *sweet*

As for food, he can always fish or pick wild berries or something else entirely unsafe natural. ;-)

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


#9 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 04 February 2008 - 10:45 AM

View PostLuxorV, on Feb 4 2008, 09:23 PM, said:

Sinner's scene with the Exo-Apes leader was inspired both by The Guide and Sinner's entry in the Kill a Skellie contest ;-)

I'm glad you like my work, and yes, I'm planning to do more, but it will take 3 or 4 months for chapter 4. [Time has come, and I'll be away in the field for paleontological digging now and then, with no possibility of using the net or my bricks :'-(  |-/
So, expect my posts to be sporadic in the next months :-) ].
LuxorV
Ah, I see, I did recognise the Dungeons and Dragons input there, very clever. Good, I'm glad you're doing more, I love all the "run-on" creations going round EB. We have Exobuilder's comics, my Interactive Apocalypse, Dr.S's Grunts, This and more stuff I forget. Anyway, great job, I await the next one, and can't wait to find out what the Ancient walrus actually is.

Oh, and another favourite bit was the Block Block referencing  :-D

Batbrick Away!  >:-)
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#10 LuxorV

LuxorV

  • Will Cat Accordingly.


    Posts: 6239
    Joined: 11-July 07
    Member: 1771
    Country: Italy

Posted 04 February 2008 - 10:54 AM

View PostBatbrick, on Feb 4 2008, 11:45 AM, said:

Oh, and another favourite bit was the Block Block referencing  :-D

Batbrick Away!  >:-)
And you just say it this way >:-( ?

You are supposed to keep up your title! ;-)


LuxorV

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


Looking for new decals or help customising your LEGO elements? Check the Minifig Customisation Index!

My Brickshelf --- My Flickr


#11 Stauder

Stauder

  • Beware, he's back!


    Posts: 1967
    Joined: 21-December 06
    Member: 1134
    Country: Malta

Posted 04 February 2008 - 11:03 AM

View PostLuxorV, on Feb 4 2008, 11:37 AM, said:

Since we have tons of rocks to carry, that could be a good idea. And, we'll be in Sicily, so he could reach us with a short swim, just to save on the travel expenses X-D . But we don't have money for his meals. Is it ok anyway 8-| ?
LuxorV
Ahh... Sicily. Where exactly shall ye be? Ill see if I can go and bring you blurred pictures of new sets to make ye work faster to get back sooner! (Where are you from btw 0.0 )


Sure sure, Acting... Can I use a lack of time and bricks excuse to explain myself?  ;-)


Stauder
Posted Image
The above is a paid advertisement by EuroBricks News FLC (Fake LEGO Company). Eurobricks News FLC is 45% Stauder™ (The Annoying Parts), 25% ImperialShadows™ (The Funny Parts), 10% Whitefang™ (The Reviewsy Parts), 7% Zepher™ (The Female Parts... er...) and 7% Stash2Sixx™ (The Photographic Parts).

The previously stated ingredients of EuroBricks News FLC are a trade secret and if you tell anyone I will stab you. In the eye. With a titanium spork.
EuroBricks News FLC is a Trademark of the EB News Team. © EB News 2006 -THE FUTURE!™

#12 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 04 February 2008 - 11:08 AM

View PostLuxorV, on Feb 4 2008, 09:54 PM, said:

And you just say it this way >:-( ?

You are supposed to keep up your title! ;-)
LuxorV
Ah, yes.  Here we go:

And so, with the renewing of the memory of our beloved Block Block, at the hand of our dear friend LuxorV, we are called to remember the moments we had with it. The laughter, the tears, the good times, and even the bad times, are not lost to us through the passing of good Block Block, but instead are lifted, renewed, and called up to us throughout our daily lives. These tears, this laughter, is never lost my friends, never. It stays with us, just like these memories, and it is our duty to pass these gifts onto our children and loved ones. Though Block Block is said to have left with us, perhaps he is more with us in his passing than he ever was in life, his legend living on through generations, sparking inspiration and joy. And so I do not spite good LuxorV, but instead embrace him, for he has reminded us all not that Block Block is dead, but that instead, and gloriously so, he lived!

Batbrick Away!  >:-)
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#13 LuxorV

LuxorV

  • Will Cat Accordingly.


    Posts: 6239
    Joined: 11-July 07
    Member: 1771
    Country: Italy

Posted 04 February 2008 - 11:09 AM

I'll be working on a mountain 30 km north of Agrigento. And I'm from a small city near Milano.


LuxorV

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


Looking for new decals or help customising your LEGO elements? Check the Minifig Customisation Index!

My Brickshelf --- My Flickr


#14 zero1312

zero1312

  • Devilish Crap!!!!!


    Posts: 3161
    Joined: 19-March 07
    Member: 1455
    Country: Germany

Posted 04 February 2008 - 11:26 AM

Very good, LuxorV!! :-D
I was wondering when this one will be up. ;-)
If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it!!
If my fate is to be destroyed................ I must simply laugh!!!


MOCpages:
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/99432

Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 CopMike

CopMike

  • All your baseplate are belong to us


    Posts: 5061
    Joined: 04-January 05
    Member: 148
    Country: Sweden

Posted 04 February 2008 - 12:00 PM

Nice one Luxor *sweet*! And Im in it *wub*!
Clear, crisp photos and a good pace in the story!
Keepem coming!

Selfdestruct Off

copmike

Posted Image

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


#16 LuxorV

LuxorV

  • Will Cat Accordingly.


    Posts: 6239
    Joined: 11-July 07
    Member: 1771
    Country: Italy

Posted 04 February 2008 - 12:24 PM

View Postcopmike, on Feb 4 2008, 01:00 PM, said:

Nice one Luxor *sweet*! And Im in it *wub*!
Clear, crisp photos and a good pace in the story!
Keepem coming!

Selfdestruct Off

copmike
Thanks both :-$

Copmike: you were in the Ch.2, too! I also asked you if I could use your sigfig |-/

Link ;-)


LuxorV

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


Looking for new decals or help customising your LEGO elements? Check the Minifig Customisation Index!

My Brickshelf --- My Flickr


#17 Asuka

Asuka

  • Pictural Poet


    Posts: 6658
    Joined: 19-June 06
    Member: 816
    Country: Schnitzelland

Posted 04 February 2008 - 01:40 PM

A very funny story full of surprise, excitement and, of course, self destruction buttons!  :-P

#18 Sinner

Sinner

  • Mike's Magical Elf


    Posts: 19293
    Joined: 29-April 07
    Member: 1554
    Country: Australia

Posted 04 February 2008 - 02:29 PM

I love it!  *wub* Great set pieces too. You did a very good job fitting in loads of EB references. Was the Block Block one a last minute edition or was this whole comic just done recently? One thing to pick on; the last frame really needs a "The End".

Now get digging and get back for more! :-D  Good luck. *sweet*





Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!


#19 LuxorV

LuxorV

  • Will Cat Accordingly.


    Posts: 6239
    Joined: 11-July 07
    Member: 1771
    Country: Italy

Posted 04 February 2008 - 02:36 PM

I have been developing this comic for the last month. I added the BlockBlock part last week as I decided the SW cantina like bar was not good as a contest entry :-/ . I try to find a use for all the things build :-P

As for the The End, you are right. I had to anticipate the release of this, and I knew I was going to forget something :-|
Next time you'll check pag.11, you'll find a The End [just give me 5 minutes to photoshop it ;-) ]!


LuxorV

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


Looking for new decals or help customising your LEGO elements? Check the Minifig Customisation Index!

My Brickshelf --- My Flickr


#20 Lt. Veers

Lt. Veers

    Posts: 764
    Joined: 27-November 07
    Member: 2229
    Country: The US of A.

Posted 04 February 2008 - 07:14 PM

Ah, another good comic. Page 10 was very suspenseful.
"The Empire can be different. Provided we shoot all the lunatics who enjoy the idea."
Flickr

#21 AgentRick57

AgentRick57

    Posts: 818
    Joined: 12-December 07
    Member: 2280

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:34 PM

I laughed, I cried, I give it 2 thumbs and 8 fingers up! No wait! 3 thumbs and 10 fingers! *wacko*

#22 LuxorV

LuxorV

  • Will Cat Accordingly.


    Posts: 6239
    Joined: 11-July 07
    Member: 1771
    Country: Italy

Posted 05 February 2008 - 08:44 AM

View PostAgentRick57, on Feb 4 2008, 10:34 PM, said:

I laughed, I cried, I give it 2 thumbs and 8 fingers up! No wait! 3 thumbs and 10 fingers! *wacko*
You sure you're human 8-| ?

:-D

Thanks the great appeciation :-$


EDIT

View Postimperialshadows, on Feb 4 2008, 11:31 AM, said:

Brilliant! I shall steal that very excuse for when I don't want him on the show!
Now I can demonstrate I used Stauder as driver for the bulldozer ;-) !
Posted Image
I though he could enjoy that vehicle, since it isn't that different from those tanks he keeps building *y*


LuxorV

Edited by LuxorV, 05 February 2008 - 09:02 AM.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


Looking for new decals or help customising your LEGO elements? Check the Minifig Customisation Index!

My Brickshelf --- My Flickr


#23 Stauder

Stauder

  • Beware, he's back!


    Posts: 1967
    Joined: 21-December 06
    Member: 1134
    Country: Malta

Posted 05 February 2008 - 09:53 AM

Ha! Proof!  :'-)  I must admit, The turnrate is a bit slow, but it sure is fun to drive! I think Ill take a mini Back to base with me  :-P



Stauder
Posted Image
The above is a paid advertisement by EuroBricks News FLC (Fake LEGO Company). Eurobricks News FLC is 45% Stauder™ (The Annoying Parts), 25% ImperialShadows™ (The Funny Parts), 10% Whitefang™ (The Reviewsy Parts), 7% Zepher™ (The Female Parts... er...) and 7% Stash2Sixx™ (The Photographic Parts).

The previously stated ingredients of EuroBricks News FLC are a trade secret and if you tell anyone I will stab you. In the eye. With a titanium spork.
EuroBricks News FLC is a Trademark of the EB News Team. © EB News 2006 -THE FUTURE!™

#24 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • Jesus F R A C


    Posts: 29126
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:06 AM

:tongue: How did I miss this? Sorry about that LuxorV. What a nice little fun surprise! I love the Block Block dream. That walrus always wants my croissant! He shall never get it. Never!!! I suppose there will be more. The ancient walrus mysteriously disappeared after all and I'm not sure we have a satisfactory explanation as to why I tried to steal the walrus DNA in the first place. I smell a sequel.

Everything needs a self-destruct button, of course. No matter how hard you try, you are destined to push it. That was a lot of fun. Great sets, nice story and very funny! The only suggestion I would make, and it's something I had to learn the hard way, would be to make sure the word bubbles are placed so people will read them in the right order. Sometimes they have to overlap to make sure people read the right thing first. It can be a pain, but it makes the story flow more smoothly. Besides that one small thing, wonderful job! Thanks for sharing the fun with us! :grin:

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


#25 LuxorV

LuxorV

  • Will Cat Accordingly.


    Posts: 6239
    Joined: 11-July 07
    Member: 1771
    Country: Italy

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:17 AM

View PostHinckley, on Apr 14 2008, 10:06 AM, said:

:tongue: How did I miss this? Sorry about that LuxorV. What a nice little fun surprise! I love the Block Block dream. That walrus always wants my croissant! He shall never get it. Never!!! I suppose there will be more. The ancient walrus mysteriously disappeared after all and I'm not sure we have a satisfactory explanation as to why I tried to steal the walrus DNA in the first place. I smell a sequel.

Everything needs a self-destruct button, of course. No matter how hard you try, you are destined to push it. That was a lot of fun. Great sets, nice story and very funny! The only suggestion I would make, and it's something I had to learn the hard way, would be to make sure the word bubbles are placed so people will read them in the right order. Sometimes they have to overlap to make sure people read the right thing first. It can be a pain, but it makes the story flow more smoothly. Besides that one small thing, wonderful job! Thanks for sharing the fun with us! :grin:
Thanks for the comments and for the advice, Hinckley. Yes, I need to work more on the bubbles' positions :blush: .

As for thw Ancient Walrus disappearance, I though some good Adam's fan would have noticed the sound it made :sadnew: .

I'll work on a sequel asap, but I fear it won't be ready until summer :look: . Too much work, and ever changing schedules OFF :hmpf_bad: .


LuxorV

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


Looking for new decals or help customising your LEGO elements? Check the Minifig Customisation Index!

My Brickshelf --- My Flickr




Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users