German Headquarters

21 replies to this topic

#1 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Member: 174

Posted 03 February 2008 - 03:53 AM

Posted Image

I've been wanting to build some sort of Indy MOC for some time now, but not sure what to do (since Casablanca).  Inspired by the design of Outback Airstrip, I came up with the following.  This is a German Headquarters that Indy can infiltrate.

Posted Image

I tried to stay within official Lego design concepts using minimal pieces.

A close up of the building:

Posted Image

The SW figs make great German troops (as well as Civil War, but that's another discussion):

Posted Image

I created some German flag stickers to use on the building and vehicles.  The outcome wasn't bad.  I chose to use the pre-WWII German military flags as a substitute for Nazi flags.  I also like the bright colors.  After placing the large one in the center of the building, I thought, I could have used some bricks to almost create the same look.  

Posted Image
Posted Image

The interior of the building includes some great pieces from the Outback Airstrip.  Although you can't see the clear cup and red radio to the right:

Posted Image

Another shot of the entire MOC:

Posted Image

And my favorite, the official Lego motorcycle:

Posted Image

And a final shot of one of the guards.  I had to level the guard arm:

Posted Image  

I welcome comments and constructive criticism.

#2 ExoBuilder

ExoBuilder

• Come mister tally man, tally me sales!

Member: 1463

Posted 03 February 2008 - 04:02 AM

Ooh, fancy 8-°

These kind of things make me want to go build one, but I know I do not have the pieces for that 8-|

I love the inside, it's pretty detailed.

*y*  *y*  *sweet*

#3 iamded

iamded

• Cannot neigh to save his life.

Member: 1225

Posted 03 February 2008 - 06:13 AM

Ooh, very nice! *y* Although it looks more like an outpost, seems a bit small for the head-quarters. 8-| Still, it looks great, the stickers contribute well to the look of it. The vehicles fit in very well also. *y*
~Peace

Check out Eurobricks' RPG, Mafia and Wargames forum for the best fun.

#4 Captain Ka-Boom

Captain Ka-Boom

Member: 1946

Posted 03 February 2008 - 06:22 AM

If that was a set i would bu it shame it isn't. Does look very Legoeee. What the can't make a word like that.

#5 TinyPiesRUs

TinyPiesRUs

• Not afraid of a witch hunt!

Member: 1725

Posted 03 February 2008 - 06:31 AM

Nice work, Brickster  *y*  Nice how you incorporated the motorcycle and race for the stolen treasure into your MOC. This looks as if it could be a lego set, with the back open for playability and other nice features. My favourite detail is the telephone wire  *sweet*
My one critique would be the use of the red/green/white container and the green under the flag.

Other than that, great job, it looks great  *y*

#6 hollisbrick

hollisbrick

Member: 126882

Posted 03 February 2008 - 07:02 AM

View PostExobuilder, on Feb 3 2008, 02:02 PM, said:

Ooh, fancy 8-°

These kind of things make me want to go build one, but I know I do not have the pieces for that 8-|

I love the inside, it's pretty detailed.

*y*  *y*  *sweet*
i agree, when i see a Moc as nice as this one i want to go out and make one but as soon as you get to the lego box you find out you dont have the peices, anyway good job!

#7 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Posted 03 February 2008 - 05:15 PM

Thanks for all the great feedback.

Something that I do want to work on is the design of the front section with the fence/post sections (below the 2nd floor windows).  I don't like the old grey fence pieces and tried a few different pieces and designs here.  Just couldn't get anything I really liked.

Posted Image

In addition, I don't like the telephone poll.  I may copy/use a modified design from someone else.  It just doesn't look like a telephone pole to me.  

In any case, I may be making a few more WWII / Indy MOCs over the next few weeks.  Unfortunately, I got a new computer a few months ago and have no photo-editing software.  I can't edit any of the backgrounds at present.

#8 Athos

Athos

• Sloppiness Seeker

Member: 84

Posted 03 February 2008 - 05:27 PM

It needs a door...  X-D

Steve

#9 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Posted 03 February 2008 - 07:10 PM

View PostAthos, on Feb 3 2008, 09:27 AM, said:

It needs a door...  X-D
Thanks for pointing that out >:-( .

#10 Stealth Hunter

Stealth Hunter

Member: 1811

Posted 03 February 2008 - 07:13 PM

Nice Headquarters! *y*  I think I need to build something similar for my army ;-).
My Brickshelf,My MOCpage(still empty)

The inevitable truth...

View Postpaksu, on Mar 15 2008, 10:59 AM, said:

"In the Chamber, no one can hear you spam."
On the subject of LEGO Ben10...

View PostArchdoom, on Jun 3 2009, 01:17 PM, said:

As I was reading the announcement, I kept thinking "GALIDOR 2: Electric Boogaloo"...
Hoist the Posted Image colours!
Fight my brute here.(It´s quite funny)

#11 General Zen

General Zen

Member: 2390

Posted 03 February 2008 - 07:13 PM

I think it looks really good! It is really detailed and I like the custom flag! ;-)
"In terms of skill, I'm Chuck Norris. And you're a duck, with no webbed feet, with a staple through its neck.

#12 Asuka

Asuka

• Pictural Poet

Member: 816

Posted 03 February 2008 - 07:43 PM

Very nice with a neat interior, well done in size and proportions.  *y*

#13 Batbrick

Batbrick

• I'm back ...with a banana

Member: 1917

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:45 PM

Great work as always TheBrickster, I was surprised at how well the Imperial Officers worked as Germans. The building itself looks great, though as pointed out a door might be helpful, and the flag in the center of the building works really well. The telegraph pole I like, but I see room for improvements, however I love how you've incorporated the border booth and motorcycles from the Indy set. Very sneaky. The interior details are well done too, I love the gun rack and radio. I think the Italian colour scheme of the fuel barrel looks a bit at odds with the rest though. And the antenna on the side of the building looks a bit modern I think.

Overall a great scene, with a good imaginative input. But where's Indy?  X-D

Batbrick Away!  >:-)
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#14 Holodoc

Holodoc

• Has finally seen the box

Member: 1094

Posted 03 February 2008 - 10:41 PM

View PostGeneral Zen, on Feb 3 2008, 08:13 PM, said:

I think it looks really good! It is really detailed and I like the custom flag! ;-)
Excuse me, but my only problem IS the flag!
Black/red/gold were always the colours of a democratic Germany (derived from the Lützow Freicorps). Black/white/red were the colours of the Kaiserreich and Nazi-Germany. I don´t like to see them all mixed up in a wrong context. |-/
Even more interested in LEGO bricks & parts? Read Tim Johnson's (aka Caperberry) blog: Posted Image

#15 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Posted 04 February 2008 - 12:23 AM

View PostBatbrick, on Feb 3 2008, 01:45 PM, said:

I think the Italian colour scheme of the fuel barrel looks a bit at odds with the rest though. And the antenna on the side of the building looks a bit modern I think.
Thanks for the feedback BB.  I was sticking with the official lego fuel container but I can see how it looks a bit odd.  I believe someone else mentioned it as well.   I am OK with the antena.

View PostHolodoc, on Feb 3 2008, 02:41 PM, said:

Excuse me, but my only problem IS the flag!
Black/red/gold were always the colours of a democratic Germany (derived from the Lützow Freicorps). Black/white/red were the colours of the Kaiserreich and Nazi-Germany. I don´t like to see them all mixed up in a wrong context. |-/
I stubbled across the pre-WWII flag on a web site and liked the colors with the iron cross. I know it's not historically correct, but was just going with something I liked.  Perhaps just a black, red, and, white flag would have been a better choice.

#16 Millacol88

Millacol88

• Pokey

Member: 2723

Posted 21 March 2008 - 01:27 AM

This is a very good MOC. Theres not that many pieces but I like how you included elements of a lot of different sets. Keep up the great work. *sweet*

#17 LegoLyons

LegoLyons

Member: 2800

Posted 21 March 2008 - 06:30 AM

View PostTinyPiesRUs, on Feb 3 2008, 05:31 AM, said:

My one critique would be the use of the red/green/white container and the green under the flag.

Other than that, great job, it looks great  *y*

I agree, great little design, just that my eye is drawn towards the modern looking drum type thing.

Love the use of stickers and the layout. Nice work. *sweet*

#18 metalandi

metalandi

Member: 2594

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:01 PM

View PostTheBrickster, on Feb 4 2008, 01:23 AM, said:

Thanks for the feedback BB.  I was sticking with the official lego fuel container but I can see how it looks a bit odd.  I believe someone else mentioned it as well.   I am OK with the antena.

I stubbled across the pre-WWII flag on a web site and liked the colors with the iron cross. I know it's not historically correct, but was just going with something I liked.  Perhaps just a black, red, and, white flag would have been a better choice.

i basically think it's okay that way, even if it looks a little bit odd since it goes not together historically. but i think it would also look strange with nazi flags on it that would have got a strange feeling cause TLG wouldn't make it (the nazi flag is tabu here).

#19 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

• Beep beep!

Member: 2351

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:49 AM

Brickster, I miss this MOC of yours. Well, it's time for me to view it. This is a very neat outpost that is able to house a group of german patrol. The headquarter matches the offical Indiana Jones vehicles very well. The interior is simple and nice. On another note, I always feel that the flag should be in Nazi flag. Ok, I believe that is not allowed to be used at all. After all, I believed it should be quite sensitive, even in our modern world.

My BrickLink Store // Sign up for Reviewers Academy // Trains & Town Reviews // Black Knights Kingdom (EBRP) // Watch out EB News!

Click here to find out more about WhiteFang

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

My name is Wilhalm Bloodaxe and I am back to be part of the Ragnarök Now Redux.

Lord Kenneth Valise, Level 1 Knight, 28yrs old human
Power: 4 Health: 10/10 Gold: 10
Inventory: One potion, a Greatsword (WP: 3) and a Shield (SP: 2)

#20 Serengeti

Serengeti

Member: 1040

Posted 20 May 2008 - 10:54 AM

Nice creation. I especially love the flags. Really don't stand out as stickers which is good.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

MinifigTimes.com    Leaving no brick unturned in the search for scandals

#21 Lanker

Lanker

Member: 3148

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:22 AM

Really nice vignette, well done!  :sweet:

#22 Nikola Bathory

Nikola Bathory

Member: 2940

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:55 AM

I have to say I really like this MOC. I agree about the flag though, at the very least you should have used red and white as colours.
I'm very interested in WWII, do you have more MOCs on this theme?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users