Posted 28 January 2008 - 10:24 AM

Hello and welcome back to Interactive Apocalypse  *skull*

Posted Image

For those not familiar to this hopefully fun game here is some background:
The Introduction
Part 1 - Safe Season
Part 1.5 - Strangers
Part 2 - Surviving

Last time you made a series of votes Eurobricks, and those votes were the most important decisions yet. You chose to:

Let tea loving, techno brit Reginald Jameson into your team, as though he refuses to fight, he can make you better weapons to fight with.

Go to the Deadzone, the most dangerous place known, in search of weapons, supplies, fuel and a tank.
To let your teammate eat the Runt, before you do.
To train the Weaver as a pet.

Here's whats new since last time:

You have discovered a couple of new creatures:

The Boulder Crabs:
Posted Image

These cute critters are safe so long as you stay away. Their claws cut through flesh like a knife through butter. They hollow out solid rock with their pincers, then use it as a heavily defensive shell.
Here they are with no shell.
Posted Image

They exist in various colours, and live almost anywhere. Though not a huge danger, many a survivors leg have been chopped off when walking upon what looked like a normal rock.

Bug:
Posted Image

A funny little two legged creature that makes a very loving pet. It has a very sharp sense for danger.

Flame Bots:
Posted Image

Defense Bot (damaged):
Posted Image

These have only appeared recently. The Flame Bots are not part of The Swarm, but still do damage to your base with their insidious flamethrowers. So far they are completely silent weapons, but it seems they may be controlled by a third party. More developments will surely follow.....

Black Dragon:
A ferocious monster from the Deadzone. It is fast and deadly, and lets out a screech that brings pain to your ears.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Even the feircest Swarm members or Trondosaur are afraid of it, it is the epitome of death.
Posted Image

Despite its size, it is a very stealthy predator, making a sound only as it lunges for the kill.
Posted Image

Its small arms may appear useless, but actually serve as strong "hooks" to hold large prey in place as it feeds upon them.
Posted Image
The Black Dragon is a fearsome creature, but even worse monsters lie in this world...

And two important characters that may, or may not, appear in this game, depending on your crucial decisions.

Ian Ded (iamded  X-D ):
Posted Image

A young, but fearless warrior. Not much is known about him or his whereabouts, but it is known he is a part of a larger group of survivors.

Lord Dragonator (dragonator  :-P ):
Posted Image

Not much is known of him either, but we do know that he is leader of a powerful, but radical group of survivors.

Posted Image

In battle Lord Dragonator wears a dragon emblem helmet, as a symbol of his title and name.

Reginald Jameson has also proved himself worthy by immediately making you some new weaponry, here is what he has for you so far:

Grenades:
Posted Image

Reginald made these before the Deadzone trip. The yellow grenades are small blasts, the red grenades are fuel bombs and spread a wide arc of fire. The single blue grenade is compact dynamite, very rare, extremely destructive.

Power Rifle:
Posted Image

The most powerful weapon you own yet. It has the ability to fire a laser spray every few minutes. Unfortunately, the laser addition makes it very heavy, and must be carried with two hands.

ATV Upgrade:
Posted Image
Now it has a trailer to hold munitions or cargo. The trailer is also heavily armoured.
It can now only fit barely in the base, but it is worth it. It has a gun rack, backpack holder and bay. A person can also hitch a ride in the trailer.
Posted Image

Defense Turret:
The last addition from Reginald was this defense turret. It is very mobile, and rather powerful.  
Posted Image

It is fixed onto the front of the base, where the Swarm attacks most. It eats up a lot of ammo, which is why Reginald opted for average ammunition gun, as opposed to a specific clip or shell.

Now, introducing Sammy, your new trained pet:
Posted Image

He has been "modified" to help you, and now can drag supplies and carry a person across large distances.
Posted Image

It took a while, but now he is extremely fond of you and would never harm you. He can sense when you are in trouble, and will attack the source of that trouble.
Posted Image

He is now heavily armoured, but it is light metal, so he can walk fairly unhindered. He has proved very useful and even helps defeat the Swarm on their attacks. You have taken a liking to him as well.

But now, introducing your worst nightmare, THE DEADZONE!  X-O  *skull* :
Posted Image

A very nasty place. The worst place infact. Here is where the Monsters thrives, and other dangers lurk. Only a select few have survived it. This is the very edge of The Deadzone. Believe it or not, but this is tame compared to the rest of it.
Posted Image

A hellish place it is, not good to be here. The groun is littered with many weapons, bodies and junk from previous meals.
Posted Image

Flames spurt from gas veins located all over the site, burning with intense heat.
The Deadzone has many almost fully intact military vehicles abandoned in it. Those that survive sometimes manage to upgrade their defense with these.
Posted Image

The arch is the fearsome gateway to inner reaches od the Deadzone, where not a single soul has ventured to the center and lived.
Posted Image

The red stretch of land turns charcoal black, the red hill is one of the only known entrances to this hellish domain, which, really, is a good thing  :-D
Posted Image

The now dead and black tree was one of the last vegetation to grow here, now none exists at all.
Posted Image

Flames spiral round the Tank, the geysers are controlled by pressure and hot wind currents, giving them a supernatural arc.
Posted Image

The weather beaten but fully operational tank. It was abandoned for an unknown reason, but many believe because a Monster was attacking it.
Posted Image

The dead and burnt horses, the last known remains of the beautiful and extinct species.
Posted Image

A vicious demonic tentacle sucks the last flesh off a recent prey. Another meal was had from one of the last horses. The Jeep was here long before this victim, it is believed the many military vehicles here were abandoned shortly after The Cataclysm which ruined this world.
Posted Image

The Defense Bot in the corner, damaged, but fixable. Many "souvenirs" remain from those foolish enough to enter this place.
Posted Image

Two more victims, another tentacle grabs some food. The bat is one of the only pre-Cataclysm creatures to live on, however, their food is now fresh blood.
Posted Image

A top view showing the bloodbath.
Posted Image

A normal dayshot of The Deadzone:
Posted Image

Now here is the Jeep I built:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And the Tank you all wanted to see, hopefully I've lived up to your expectations:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The turret can swivel, and btw, its meant to be that wide, due to heavy armouring.

Posted Image

The two together  *wub* :
Posted Image

The Flickr gallery which shows ALL:
http://www.flickr.co...s/22901978@N08/

Wow! That took me a lot of time to type!  X-O   Sorry for the pic-heavyness!  :-D

Hope you all enjoyed, thanks for looking! Comments and Criticism (the nice kind  ;-) ) appreciated!

Special thanks go to my NZ buddies dragonator and iamded for letting me use them in this, Hinckley for the permmsion to do Interactive Apocalypse, and Stauder for showing me some cool tips and techniques for building tanks  :'-)

Batbrick Something!  *wacko*

Edited by Batbrick, 08 February 2008 - 03:36 AM.

And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#2 LuxorV

LuxorV

• Will Cat Accordingly.

Member: 1771

Posted 28 January 2008 - 10:41 AM

Wow X-O

Cool new creatures (the dragon seems a bit like a sea creature, with that flat dolphinish tail :-P ) and settings *y*

I *wub* the new jeep, and the way you became friend with Sammy!

I'll finish saying the rock crabs are what I would have expected the least, and yet I feel they fit in just perfectly *sweet*

LuxorV

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

Looking for new decals or help customising your LEGO elements? Check the Minifig Customisation Index!

My Brickshelf --- My Flickr

#3 TinyPiesRUs

TinyPiesRUs

• Loves the smell of Mafia in the morning

Member: 1725

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:09 AM

Nice work, Batbrick  *y*  I really like that ATV, simple yet effective  :-) The Deadzone is great. Very ragged and desolate, it looks like a truly evil and foul place.

Great work, I look forward to the next options  *sweet*

#4 Sinner

Sinner

• Mike's Magical Elf

Member: 1554

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:09 AM

You have been busy!  *wub* I'd like to list what I liked ...but I actually like them all! I am stunned how much orange you have though... most of mine came from Bikini Bottom... :-/

Great work! After seeing the Deadzone I think we probably should have opted to go elsewhere!  X-D

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!

#5 TinyPiesRUs

TinyPiesRUs

• Loves the smell of Mafia in the morning

Member: 1725

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:20 AM

View PostSinner, on Jan 29 2008, 12:09 AM, said:

I am stunned how much orange you have though... most of mine came from Bikini Bottom... :-/
That's what I thought at first too. I think it's actually red though, just the lighting  :-$

#6 Batbrick

Batbrick

• I'm back ...with a banana

Member: 1917

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:21 AM

View PostLuxorV, on Jan 28 2008, 09:41 PM, said:

Wow X-O
Cool new creatures (the dragon seems a bit like a sea creature, with that flat dolphinish tail :-P ) and settings *y*
I *wub* the new jeep, and the way you became friend with Sammy!
I'll finish saying the rock crabs are what I would have expected the least, and yet I feel they fit in just perfectly *sweet*
Thanks LuxorV, now that I look at it, it does seem a bit like a dolphin tail  :-D
I'm overjoyed you liked the Jeep, that was the hardest thing for me to make  :-$

View PostTinyPiesRUs, on Jan 28 2008, 10:09 PM, said:

Nice work, Batbrick  *y*  I really like that ATV, simple yet effective  :-) The Deadzone is great. Very ragged and desolate, it looks like a truly evil and foul place.
Great work, I look forward to the next options  *sweet*
Thanks TinyPiesRUs, I'm glad you liked the Deadzone, its pretty evil  *skull*

View PostSinner, on Jan 28 2008, 10:09 PM, said:

You have been busy!  *wub* I'd like to list what I liked ...but I actually like them all! I am stunned how much orange you have though... most of mine came from Bikini Bottom... :-/

Great work! After seeing the Deadzone I think we probably should have opted to go elsewhere!  X-D
Thanks a heap Sinner, you are probably right in saying the Deadzone was a bad choice.

And I think its my highpowered lightbulb thats stunning you though, it makes the bricks look orange, but they are actually just red  :-$

I wish it were orange though..... :'-(

Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#7 Sinner

Sinner

• Mike's Magical Elf

Member: 1554

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:54 AM

View PostTinyPiesRUs, on Jan 28 2008, 09:20 PM, said:

That's what I thought at first too. I think it's actually red though, just the lighting  :-$

View PostBatbrick, on Jan 28 2008, 09:21 PM, said:

And I think its my highpowered lightbulb thats stunning you though, it makes the bricks look orange, but they are actually just red  :-$
OK, OK, I can't pick colours too well.  :-$

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!

#8 SirNadroj

SirNadroj

• Rock Hard ABS

Member: 998

Posted 28 January 2008 - 03:11 PM

*wub* These get better and better!  8-  *y*

#9 zero1312

zero1312

• Devilish Crap!!!!!

Member: 1455

Posted 28 January 2008 - 05:23 PM

HOLY CRAP!!! 8-
That's hell in LEGO form! X-D
If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it!!
If my fate is to be destroyed................ I must simply laugh!!!

MOCpages:
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/99432

Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 Asuka

Asuka

• Pictural Poet

Member: 816

Posted 28 January 2008 - 07:20 PM

Its pretty amazing how good your apocalyptic world expands!  *y*
All these detailed and very creative creaturesre simply fantastic,
Boulder Crabs, Black Dragon and Sammyre really great, and
I like the trailer for your ATV very much. Your Tank and Jeepre
very cool too, and that whole Deadzone looks stunning!  :'-)

#11 ExoBuilder

ExoBuilder

• Come mister tally man, tally me sales!

Member: 1463

Posted 28 January 2008 - 08:59 PM

Yes!! I'm still alive! :-D  *y*

You definitely have been working on this, there's lots of improvements!

I think this Reginald guy should build me some kind of a hardsuit, that's what you need! ;-)

I'm looking forward to the next one. *wub*

*sweet*

#12 Lt. Veers

Lt. Veers

Member: 2229

Posted 29 January 2008 - 12:51 AM

Cool, but what happened when the guy ate the runt?
"The Empire can be different. Provided we shoot all the lunatics who enjoy the idea."
Flickr

#13 Batbrick

Batbrick

Posted 29 January 2008 - 12:54 AM

Thanks for all your comments guys!

View PostLt. Veers, on Jan 29 2008, 11:51 AM, said:

Cool, but what happened when the guy ate the runt?
Thats to be explained in the next one  ;-)
Each ".5" part introduces what I've MOCed since, and the voting parts are the ones which explain the storyline.

Posted Image

Batbrick Away!

#14 Corvus

Corvus

• ¡ʎpuɐɯ ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ

Member: 1483

Posted 29 January 2008 - 01:02 AM

Wow!

I can't believe I've missed these... :'-(  Now I need to go back and look at the first ones!

You've done a really good job with this. *wub*

Will
True happiness: looking inside the box to see a perfectly flat instruction manual.

Posted Image

#15 General Kannon

General Kannon

Member: 2300

Posted 29 January 2008 - 01:23 AM

So, when is part 3?
Posted Image
"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't"
General George Patton

#16 hollisbrick

hollisbrick

Member: 126882

Posted 29 January 2008 - 12:29 PM

GREAT GREAT JOB!!!! *y*  *y* i'm a big fan of your Mocs *wub* these i think are some of your best yet! the deadzone looks great on an evil way :-D and that's a great tank and dragon *y* brilliant job!

EDIT: does any think this Post-Apoc story remind you of jak 3 the game?

Edited by hollisbrick, 29 January 2008 - 12:31 PM.

#17 Clonecommando007

Clonecommando007

Member: 2232

Posted 29 January 2008 - 05:06 PM

Wow.  I am very impressed.  What great fun this is!  Batbrick, you are a very skilled post apocolyptic builder, and I give you my regards.

The tank and jeep both look great, and the dragon looks ferocious.  I'm loving how this whole story is developing out!  Thank you SO MUCH for doing this for us!!

#18 Piranha

Piranha

• Tag! You're it

Member: 1506

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:58 AM

Great MOCing you have been doing Batbrick! *y*
Now for my awe-inspiring thoughts

Boulder Crabs- Cute,  they remind me of those rock crabs fro  POTC AWE
Flame bots- interesting I like seeing more robotics, since after all it is the future
Defense Bot- What is that supposed to be? Friend? Foe?
Black Dragon-  *wub* One Kick megablocks dragon there!! Very evil and dark, great job!
Ian Ded- Hire him, we need more members!!
Lord Dragonator- Hire Him too!
Piranha- The best choice! Choose him as a fellow teammate  :-P

Now onto the technology of,  primitive times
Grenades- Good job Jameson! We need those, I like the blue one
Power rifle- finally a "real" weapon!
ATV upgrade- I still don't like the ATV, looks more bulky :-/
Defense turret- the more guns, the better

Sammy- See, I knew the creature would be loyal and better than an ATV
Deadzone- I love it! *wub*  The terrain is rough ( like me) the flame geysers and giant tentacles are sweet add-ons All the dead creatures and bodies around are  *skull*  
Tank- Very bulky and looks well armoured, all though I would have liked it a tad bigger
Jeep- the tires are a bit small, but otherwise nice job
Weapons laying around- a flintlock!!? Where are the SW blasters  :-P

I await the Interactive part! 8-

P

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image

#19 iamded

iamded

• Cannot neigh to save his life.

Member: 1225

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:32 AM

8-

*wub* *wub*
Great job, Batbrick! These are astounding, I love the Deadzone, and the vehicles, and the dragon, and even the cute lil crabs! I can't wait 'till part 3! :-D
~Peace

Check out Eurobricks' RPG, Mafia and Wargames forum for the fun times!

#20 Lord Of Pies

Lord Of Pies

• Official Pirate Set Reviewer, who's back into pirates!

Member: 2085

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:34 PM

8-

Your MOCs are fantastic, Batbrick, they are even more impressive than usual, I love your deadzone, and I like the almost cartoonish tank, it looks very good, it should be part of the E.N!! I love your black dragon too, very well constructed, however perhaps some armour over the joints would look good as they currently seem a tad exposed.

*wub*
Are you hasty for a tasty pastry?

#21 General Kannon

General Kannon

Posted 31 January 2008 - 02:44 AM

Maybe I'm missing something, but why can't I vote?
Posted Image
General George Patton

#22 Batbrick

Batbrick

Posted 31 January 2008 - 02:46 AM

View PostGeneral Kannon, on Jan 31 2008, 01:44 PM, said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but why can't I vote?
This is not the voting part, thats next  ;-)

Also, please don't say things like "So, when is part 3?", I find it a bit rude, thankyou  *sweet*

Thanks everyone else for your comments, I appreciate them.

Posted Image

Batbrick Away!

#23 General Kannon

General Kannon

Posted 31 January 2008 - 04:04 AM

View PostBatbrick, on Jan 30 2008, 09:46 PM, said:

This is not the voting part, thats next  ;-)

Also, please don't say things like "So, when is part 3?", I find it a bit rude, thankyou  *sweet*

Thanks everyone else for your comments, I appreciate them.

Sorry about that Batbrick, I was trying to say voteing by saying part three.
Posted Image
General George Patton

#24 Batbrick

Batbrick

Posted 31 January 2008 - 09:28 AM

View PostGeneral Kannon, on Jan 31 2008, 03:04 PM, said:

Sorry about that Batbrick, I was trying to say voteing by saying part three.
Thats okay!  Thanks for coming to my thread  *sweet*

Posted Image

Batbrick Away!

#25 xzanfr

xzanfr

Member: 2272

Posted 31 January 2008 - 09:10 PM

Wow, Batbrick, that looks brilliant!!
I love the way you've used creatures as transport & weaponry, It'll be really handy for the group to get a friendly Black dragon (if there is such a beast!).
Are you planning on anything that tunnels? - I'm thinking like in 'tremors' rather than a machine. - It would be fun to make and you could concentrate on the head and leave the body underground to give it a really nasty attack.
The arch looks really good especially with all the detail and booty, it's real 'end-of-the-world' stuff!.

This update really cheered me up at lunchtime...I was trying to describe this story to a friend the other day but thought it was a film I had seen after too much wine. Anyway, reading this reminded me where I'd seen it and I yelled out 'Lego not film' in front of the whole office (to quizzical looks!!)

I'm looking forward to reading further, I hope that imagination of yours is feeling strong!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users