Sign in to follow this  
Col. Whipstick

What's your favourite LEGO Pirate animal?

What's your favourite Lego Pirate animal?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favourite.

• Sharks
    • Monkeys
    • Parrots
    • Crocodiles

banner-poll2.gif

Okay folks, as I'm newly promoted and now able to create polls I thought I'd put this one out there as what particularly impressed me about Lego Pirates when it came out was Lego's attention to creating new animals to enrich the new theme. Hairy Ruben will of course vote for sharks but I wanted to see what everyone else thought was their favourite.

Aha, interesting, We must see to it that my dear animals are taken care of X-D

Hairy Ruben will of course vote for sharks

HEY! Now where's the fun in that? ;-) Besides, I might have voted something else...

Though my avatar, previous conversations and preferences would definitely stand in stark contrast with such a bold statement! :-P

Shiny Sharks ON! *y*

Edited by Hairy Ruben

Oh and another thing the recently knighted Col. Whipstick... Aren't the big green lizards technically alligators since they're indigenous to central America while crocodiles aren't?

Alligators or crocodiles, they're both very nice. I however voted for monkeys. X-D I don't own one, but they're so cool, and posable, I love the little fella's! :-D

~Peace

Oh and another thing the recently knighted Col. Whipstick... Aren't the big green lizards technically alligators since they're indigenous to central America while crocodiles aren't?

Well that's again assuming it's all the Carribean and those Islanders (where the crocs first appeared) look mighty polynesian to me and although I'm no zoologist but isn't it crocodiles in the South Pacific?

I voted monkeys, since i have a pet one *sweet*

Are you sure your girlfriend appreciates you calling her a monkey? X-D

Edited by Col. Whipstick

Well that's again assuming it's all the Carribean and those Islanders (where the crocs first appeared) look mighty polynesian to me and although I'm no zoologist but isn't it crocodiles in the South Pacific?

Yes the Islanders do look mighty Polynesian but geographically that doesn't work well with Pirates of the Caribbean.

I have an explanation for this... The Islanders are descendants of the Empire of Hiva - it's the only explanation why can look Polynesian yet be located so close to the Caribbean.

Sharks for me.

Chomp Chomp Chompity Chomp!

You can fit tons of hands in their stomachs! They're great for playability and an absolute necessity! |-/ 8-

Sharks for me.

Chomp Chomp Chompity Chomp!

You can fit tons of hands in their stomachs! They're great for playability and an absolute necessity! |-/ 8-

Pulling off hands and stuffing them into the shark's mouths... That's a little disturbing but then again I used to put the legs in... X-D

How did you manage that - they don't even fit!

Anyway, arms and hands come out naturally, but legs? Many KABOBs I know don't even know you can swap the legs over!

Shark=Carnivore

Pirate=Food

Imperial=Fast Food (full of fat and salt)

Islander=Friend

Armada=Paella

SlyOwl

I can't believe you don't want to know more about how the Islanders originated from Hiva! :-(

Where the puke is Hiva?! *wacko*

Is that even a country Mr. Phred Phes? X-D

i voted for crocs/ gators ;-)

P

I love the sharks. Octopi are pretty dang cool too, although I guess they weren't created for (or even featured in?) the Pirates. My absolute favorite, however, is the light-grey saw-nosed shark (real name escaping me?).

Hmm... I can't decide, because as much as I love all animals (except, of course, of one that will maim me X-D ), all these are... not my favorites. I think parrot, if anything.

Monkeys all the way *wub* They can hold 4 muskets at once, making them twice as efficient as a normal soldier *sweet*

How did you manage that - they don't even fit!

SlyOwl

DSCF3155.jpg

:-P

EDIT: Great poll pic, Mr Phes *wub*

Edited by TinyPiesRUs

I can't believe you don't want to know more about how the Islanders originated from Hiva! :-(

I've already got told off for going too far off topic by that very cross Dutchman only yesterday. :-D Perhaps you should start a thread on the Islander's Hiva origin. Personally I've never considered the Pirate theme entirely dependent on the Carribean, pirates, European Empires, ships, trade routes spanned pretty much the entire world beyond that pond between the Americas.

My absolute favorite, however, is the light-grey saw-nosed shark (real name escaping me?).

I think you mean the sawfish.

Anyway, I voted for sharks as well. They were my childhood favourites, I love the fact that you can open their mouth and place various body parts inside. :-)