Sign in to follow this  
Captain K.

HMS Leopard

thindexedgif.gif 40a

Hello,

I have finished with my ship.

It is the "HMS LEOPARD" a fourth-rate Ship with 52 cannons.

look here :

0001.jpg

0004.jpg

The "HMS Leopard" is the new flag ship of my fleet.

Here a picture with the "HMS Cannonball" and the "HMS Leopard".

301.jpg

There are more pictures on Brickshelf.

look here: Brickshelf folder

Greetings,

Capt K.

Edited by SlyOwl

What a ship *wub*

I like the clean and straight forward design of this mighty instrument of war.

Solid design, good color schema, sails that look very good, lots of details, ... .

Yes sir, I like this ship of yours.

Does it have an interior?

Only thing I would change is the rigging that sticks above the platform in some of the masts (near the top).

Somehow I would put that platform a bit higher in the mast, so the rigging terminates at the platform.

Simply WOW, I love how you all the detail around the upper decks. I only wish I could build something that big one day. It does look a little tall, but that is a necessary factor with the lego hulls. It looks great and excellent job with the stern.

Brilliant!

You have Inspired me back into the Pirate Theme!! I would love to Create something like that but

1. I havent enough parts

2. Dont know how to plan a Ship out

3. To much money :'-(

But I could transform my BSB to a Frigate or something?

I don't think there's much I can say that hasn't already been said by Bonaparte... Fantastic job Captain K! Can't wait to see the Leopard against a scenic background which I'm sure you'll be looking to do already. At 52 cannons I'm glad she's an HMS and on my side, somehow I doubt 'duck and cover' would help much for those who go up against her. X-D

So many fantastic ships here... it makes me think we should have a ranking table of the names of the MOC ships, the names of their captains, nationality, number of crew, number of cannons etc. We could call it the EB fleet listing. I'll have a look at our ship MOC database and see if I can come up with a comparison table. At any rate the Leopard looks a mighty challenge for the Denise or the L'Orient for example.

Nice ship captain K! *y* *y*

Too bad there's no tumblehome, but all the detail on the upper decks sure make up for that! *sweet*

Awesome ship, when will we see her in puerto la Cruz?

You make me quite embarrassed. I am pleased you like the ship this.

@Bonaparte

Does it have an interior?

The Ship not has an interior, only the rooms in the stern have an interior.

@Col. Whipstick

So many fantastic ships here... it makes me think we should have a ranking table of the names of the MOC ships, the names of their captains, nationality, number of crew, number of cannons etc. We could call it the EB fleet listing. I'll have a look at our ship MOC database and see if I can come up with a comparison table.

This is a good idea. The list with the ships.

@Mr Tiber

Although the position of the compass seems a bit odd to me. I would've put it in front of the wheel, and not behind it.

Is right! I still will change this.

@Captain green hair

Awesome ship, when will we see her in puerto la Cruz?

Soon, only patience!

Thanks, Capt. K

What a great ship!

Positives:

- I like the use of the wavy flags on the stern, they really give an impression of carved scrollwork.

- The cathead and hanging anchor looks very realistic.

- I have to echo the praise for the figurehead, very nicely done.

- The large fighting tops (I think that's the right term) where you have stationed marine looks really good and provides for lots of room for more sharpshooters in battle.

- Just dwarfs your old ship doesn't it?

Questions:

- Something looks odd about the gun ports though. Should they be offset rather than one above the other?

- I also wonder if the cannons on the quarterdeck are are little too large? Perhaps MOC cannons or even swivel guns might be a better fit?

- I may be counting wrong but I only see a broadside of 24 guns each side which would make it a 48-gun wouldn't it? I thought chasers did not count for rating?

But those are minor quibbles. Overall this is fantastic.

I'll have a look at our ship MOC database and see if I can come up with a comparison table. At any rate the Leopard looks a mighty challenge for the Denise or the L'Orient for example.

How will your comparison table work Col. Whipstick?

This could be a feature worth integrating into Classic-Pirates.com because it might work better in HTML and Javascript rather than in a forum.

Awesome, absolutely awesome. Well done. Not usually into the Pirate's line, but that's an inspiring ship.

Exactly what I was thinking. :-D

Superb! *wub*

How will your comparison table work Col. Whipstick?

This could be a feature worth integrating into Classic-Pirates.com because it might work better in HTML and Javascript rather than in a forum.

*burning scent emits from under the Colonel's bicorne* You should know by now all this 21st-centuryness techno-gobledeegook does my head in Mr. Phes. I only had a sort of passing thought that it would be interesting to create a table of comparison. I see what you mean it could be nice as a fleet listing at classic-pirates.com. I guess the table should read like a shipyard's ledger. The first column listing the names of the ships that have been created and those names themselves be a url to threads where the ship has primarily featured or for that matter to the pages concerning said ship in the MOC database. A thumbnail of the actual ship would be nice to join the name below. The second column show the names of the shipbuilder or captain... these may be different if the creator wanted them to be. A third colomn suggesting the nationality of the vessel and or it's purpose - military/merchant/pirate etc. In this colomn it would be nice to show a flag or icon to tie together with the flags I guess. Then colomns for No. of Crew, No. of Cannons, Ship's structural dimensions - actual centimetres in model length, breadth, height.

Let me dwell on it for a bit while this caffeine sinks in and I'll mail you some kind of a dummy illustration of the idea. We could all think of it for a bit. I suppose we should only make a comparison table for fortresses as well but there one should draw the line, I don't want to go down the road of comparing armies etc.

Sorry for going off topic folks! :-$

This is an excellent design!

I think this is certainly one of the better MOCs as of late.

There are some in accuracies, like the gun ports should be offset, there is no tumblehome, and the rigging should start below the rail, but at the same time, I have always liked look and feel over historical accuracy!

I think you should be especially pleased with the sails and stern. They look fantastic!

I did notice there is no "royal"sail (uppermost sail) on the fore mast (mast closest to the bow) if this is because sail would look too "smooshed" I would check out this building technique to extend the masts! Link is here... Extended Mast Technique

Thanks for sharing this MOC!

Edited by ZCerberus

Hello,

here another picture from inside of the captain room.

117_G.jpg

@tedbeard

Only the long cannons were counted in the Royal Navy which had a ship. Not the cannons of the broadsides.

The "HMS Leopard" has altogether 52 long cannons these.

This is so anyway. Or?

Capt. K.

Nice ship Captain *y*

Too bad there's no tumble home,

but other than that, she's a very, very fine ship. X-D

Also, she has been added to the Index of MOC ships.

Great work! *y*

So many fantastic ships here... it makes me think we should have a ranking table of the names of the MOC ships, the names of their captains, nationality, number of crew, number of cannons etc. We could call it the EB fleet listing. I'll have a look at our ship MOC database and see if I can come up with a comparison table. At any rate the Leopard looks a mighty challenge for the Denise or the L'Orient for example.

There is something semi-similar to what you're talking about Col.

It's called Fleet Listing. Its been a while since ppl have posted or updated it though. 8-|

This thread is for individuals to post what their lego fleets are.

Maybe B can add a link to it in the pinned index post or something. X-D

here's the link.

Edited by phred

Only the long cannons were counted in the Royal Navy which had a ship. Not the cannons of the broadsides.

The "HMS Leopard" has altogether 52 long cannons these.

Thanks for clearing that up. Since I get most of my so-called technical knowledge from Hornblower and the Aubreid it is far from complete. *sweet*

This is BEAUTIFUL. Makes me jealous...wish I had enough nice pieces to do a proper job on a ship.

I doubt you're alone but one has to start from somewhere... Axle made a ship the other week out of very basic pieces. In some ways it's refreshing to see heightened creativity in the absence of the right materials. The Golden Falcon is a fine ship to be sure though...

Hello,

I have brought the "HMS Leopard" to the dockyard once again.

There is still something to improve.

I keep you informed about the advance of works.

Capt. K.

Hello,

Is back the "HMS Leopard" out of the dockyards.

I have revised the ship once again.

Look here:

0002.jpg

0006.jpg

I have changed some details. The compass so for example.

0015.jpg

Unfortunately, a couple of blind passengers have smuggled themselves on board in the dockyard.

0013.jpg

Rats !!!

I like the ship still more a lot now! And what do you say to it?

Capt. K.

more pictures here:

Brickshelf