11 replies to this topic

#1 iamded

iamded

• Cannot neigh to save his life.

Member: 1225

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:44 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hello and welcome to another Redman set review! Well, actually, the first Redman set review! I'm your host, Redman, and today I adorn my medieval outfit to tell you about the Impulse set simply titled "The Knight".

This is a great set, with 14 pieces, 2 of which are spare, and a minifig with 2 weapons, 2 helmets, and some shiny armour. All this is packaged in a tiny box, just short of 10 cm² (or 3¾ inches²), with a neat little instruction manual that folds up to the size of the weapons rack included in the set. As you can see, this set only costs a measly 7 NZD. (Disclaimer: Redman not included.)
Posted Image

Here we see the box, clearly showing what the box holds. On the top we see a 1:1 scale picture of a minifig, for those new to Lego, or who have forgotten how big a minifig is I guess. :-/ X-D
Posted Image

The instruction manual, showing the nice and easy built, with me for size comparison. :-D (*Sorry about the dark image, I had to lean over the light to get a birds eye pic. ;-)*)
Posted Image

Here we see the 2 different soldiers you can make with the set; a knight, and a guard or standard troop or soldier or whatever you want to call him... (Note, each set comes with only 1 minifigure, and additional accessories.) Of course you know I'm in the picture just for the sake of it, I'm not really one of the soldiers. X-D
Posted Image

The neat little weapons rack, or rather equipment rack, as it holds not only a weapon but a shield (except the ovoid ones), helmet, and armour. Nice and easy storage, so your equipment won't get dirty lying around on the ground. :-D One of the spare parts is another of those robot hands, so you can stick that in place of the shield and allow the rack to hold 2 weapons. Just thought you'd like to know that. :-$
Posted Image

And here we see the nifty little structure of the thing. It can even support a whole minifig! Note the grey stud on the bottom bar is a spare part, I just find it better used there to hold the armour. :-)
Posted Image

Huh? I don't remember this picture... 8-| It appears I drifted off, and these guys don't look too happy I overtook their weapons equipment rack. :-$ I should go... X-D
Posted Image

So, in conclusion this is a great set for army building, at a reasonable price, with nice equipment, and it can be picked up as a little extra with your normal shopping. X-D

That's all for today folks! *sweet*
[/Redman]

So, what do you think? Should I continue with these Redman Reviews © (:-P), or just stop now? X-D Comments and criticism welcome! :-$
~Peace

Check out Eurobricks' RPG, Mafia and Wargames forum for the best fun.

#2 Batbrick

Batbrick

• I'm back ...with a banana

Member: 1917

Posted 18 January 2008 - 12:36 PM

An excellent first time (?) review iamded!  *y*   Well, atleast a first time Redman review anyway. I really enjoy Redman, I hope to see him pop up more often. Your pics are great now that you ditched the phone  :-P , and you've shown the set from many different angles and perspectives. Thanks for this brilliant review, you have certainly convinced me to get a few of these, and then some  X-D

Redman ON!

EDIT: BTW, is it just me, or does my new avatar make me seem a bit creepy?  8-|

Batbrick is Back!  >:-)

Edited by Batbrick, 18 January 2008 - 12:39 PM.

And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#3 TinyPiesRUs

TinyPiesRUs

• Not afraid of a witch hunt!

Member: 1725

Posted 18 January 2008 - 12:47 PM

Nice review, iamded. I'd better go and check Toyworld tommorrow  *sweet* Shame about the price though, only 3 more dollars to get Crossbow Attack  :-(

View Postiamded, on Jan 19 2008, 12:44 AM, said:

And here we see the nifty little structure of the thing. It can even support a whole minifig!
:-D

View PostBatbrick, on Jan 19 2008, 01:36 AM, said:

EDIT: BTW, is it just me, or does my new avatar make me seem a bit creepy?  8-|
Batbrick, you've always been a bit creepy   :-P  X-D

#4 Shadows

Shadows

• Awesome, brilliant, not redundant.

Member: 1558

Posted 18 January 2008 - 12:51 PM

Great review iamded! Lots of pics, all the details. Wish I could find some of these sets locally, but so far no luck. :'-(

I fully intend to steal your use of a character to do the reviewing, should I ever do one like this. X-D

Oh, and if EB News Presents ever needs someone to do a commercial, we'll be sure to get in touch with you. *y*

View PostBatbrick, on Jan 18 2008, 07:36 AM, said:

BTW, is it just me, or does my new avatar make me seem a bit creepy?  8-|
Are you sure it's the avatar doing it? 8-|

:-D  ;-)

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#5 Batbrick

Batbrick

• I'm back ...with a banana

Member: 1917

Posted 18 January 2008 - 12:56 PM

View PostTinyPiesRUs, on Jan 18 2008, 11:47 PM, said:

Batbrick, you've always been a bit creepy   :-P  X-D
Or have I? MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  *skull*

View Postimperialshadows, on Jan 18 2008, 11:51 PM, said:

Are you sure it's the avatar doing it? 8-|
I don't know, maybe it just me doing this:

"MUHAHAHJAHAHAHAHA!  *skull* " all the time, could be.....

Anyway, great review, I think I will get 5 of these  X-D

Batbrick Away!  >:-)
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#6 nausicaakro

nausicaakro

Member: 2523

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:37 PM

very good reviews, i think that redman is really ok, a very little cute curious fig... sadly he is not in the impulse set...  ;-)
I wish to see redman still around

about your creepy avatar, yes, it look a bit creepy   *skull*
nausicaakro

(this impulse set is storage in 8 copies, with 8 wizard set, 16 city set (2x), 16 mission to mars set... so if you want buy 10 of this (like me) you must find 2 different toy center)
may the yellow order live forever

#7 wulf

wulf

Member: 2361

Posted 18 January 2008 - 05:39 PM

You should continue with these Redman Reviews There great!!!
~Wulf's brickshelf~ ~sincerely Wulf the saxon~      see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:

Click on link to see and comment now!lego space comic And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

#8 TheFrisian

TheFrisian

Member: 1992

Posted 18 January 2008 - 05:44 PM

Nice review, very detailed. *y*  As for the spare parts, mine didn't come with any. Both dark grey 1x1 round plates are used on the weapons rack (one for the armour, one for the helmet) and I only got one robot hand for holding weapons.

#9 iamded

iamded

Posted 19 January 2008 - 12:33 AM

Thanks everyone for your positive feedback, it's really appreciated! :-D You'd be surprised how long that 'Redman Presents' thing up the top took me to make! X-D So, it appears people do like Redman, expect him to be reviewing The Good Wizard and Battle Arachnoid in near future! (I know those have already been reviewed, but New Zealand never gets sets first, so I'll just be reviewing the sets I get. X-D)

View PostTheFrisian, on Jan 19 2008, 04:44 AM, said:

Nice review, very detailed. *y*  As for the spare parts, mine didn't come with any. Both dark grey 1x1 round plates are used on the weapons rack (one for the armour, one for the helmet) and I only got one robot hand for holding weapons.
That's strange, maybe I'm just lucky. X-D I also got 2 spare orange Viking horn pieces in my Battle Arachnoid. :-D
~Peace

#10 AgentRick57

AgentRick57

Member: 2280

Posted 19 January 2008 - 05:57 AM

I like Redman, he'd make a good superhero. Good review!

Edit: 200 posts!

Edited by AgentRick57, 19 January 2008 - 05:58 AM.

#11 iamded

iamded

Posted 19 January 2008 - 06:50 AM

Thanks, AgentRick! Actually Redman's based on the wrestling costume version of Spider-man, as seen in this set. *sweet*
~Peace

#12 SWMAN

SWMAN

Member: 859

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:15 AM

I would have purchased a few of these except for the fact that I do not like the new torso that they use.
Chuck Norris doesn't hate the world. He just hates everyone in it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users