Sign in to follow this  
Batbrick

The Bat Mocs'N'Mods Treat!

Hello EB, lately, I have been working on a ton of Batman related mocs, and I would love to share them with you. Like with Brainbox's excellent Bat-Goody Bags, this is a collection of the many projects I have worked on. Thanks goes out to Brainbox for this blatant rip-off of his threads :-D

Anyway, today I have:

5 mods

2 displays

2 Custom Figs

1 Creation

and a haircut

I hope you enjoy them!

Here we go.

Part 1 - The Mods:

First up is the minor touchup to my UCE Batmobile, which, while a beautiful model, desparately needed some coverage over the exposed engine.

Before:

p1200814.jpg

And After:

p1200815.jpg

They are easily removable for repairs too, here is an overall shot of the beauty:

p1200876.jpg

My batboat mod, just blackened it up and removed the fins really:

p1200822.jpg

Batmobile mod. This one I am particularly proud of, as it kept the sleek look. as you can see I also blackened it up:

p1200824.jpg

Front view:

p1200827.jpg

Batcopter mod. This one needed heavy modding as well. I turned it into a sort of search and rescue copter, that can also be used for spotting out things that need to be seen from the sky, like hiding criminals escaped from Arkham or Blackgate. The large spotlight I am proud of. The fact that I can easily double it as an attack copter (lights on the right become guns) is also something I like.

Pics:

p1200832.jpg

Batarang holders, on both sides. The spotlight can move up or down too.

p1200837.jpg

p1200840.jpg

The beast that is the Battank mods. All credit goes to Brainbox on this one for his awesome Battank mod, like his mine becomes more of a heavy batmobile for large scale riots and events like No Man's Land.

p1200841.jpg

However, though a bit more ugly because of it, mine can hold equipment:

p1200844.jpg

You can also see I removed the yellow technic peices and replaced them with black ones:

p1200846.jpg

Part 2 - The Displays

Simple really, just the two cupboards that hold my batsets. Here is the Batcave. Unfortunately, at the moment I cannot mod it further into a better scaled one, but once I have this years batsets no doubt the Batcave will grow in size.

p1200858.jpg

Note that the technic gun is now replaced by a Batwing platform:

p1200859.jpg

Now the villain cupboard. Unfortunately my Arkham has yet to arrive, but atleast thats something to look forward to in the next Bat Mocs'N'Mods Treat. I kept riddler's gate because I plan to remake the base from the pic and then do a phony, what if? dimension review of it.

p1200860.jpg

For better looks at the mods, here is the gallery (when public):

Batmods!

Part 3 - The Custom Characters

I am awful at making customs, but I just wanted to try a few things out, and I had fun :-) .

Here is basically a classic Riddler minus the bowler hat ( :'-( ). I made the cane by sticky taping the trans green hook onto the trans green lightsaber blade. I think it works well.

p1200865.jpg

As you can see I prefer my Riddler with reddish-brown hair, and I drew that torso on a tiny piece od paper. It looks pretty good I think, despite the slight colour difference, my computer version was worse.

p1200867.jpg

Now I thought Mr. Freeze was a great fig, but his blank torso, though covered a bit, looked a bit blank for a technological suit. So all I did really was add printed legs and torso. I think he looks better:

p1200868.jpg

Without the freeze gun:

p1200869.jpg

Two comparison shots:

p1200871.jpg

p1200872.jpg

The two guys "chilling" X-D

p1200873.jpg

Part 4 - Batcycle

Seeing as, from the looks of things, this years batsets will be TDK oriented, ny guess is that the Batcycle is actually the Batpod featured in the film. So I made my own, classic Batcycle, using the one found in the Service Station set.

p1200847.jpg

Black is REALLY hard to photograph, but hopefully you can see the two batarangs in their holders and the handcuff attached at the back:

p1200848.jpg

The batarang holders beter seen in this pic:

p1200851.jpg

And this one a tad:

p1200849.jpg

Now the last part:

Part 4 - The Haircut

In thanks for letting him do such a blatant ripoff of the Bat-Goody Bag threads, Batbrick shows off one of his many talents by giving Brainbox a free, much needed haircut, with a Batarang to boot! X-D

p1200874.jpg

p1200875.jpg

Hope you enjoyed this one! I have many other things to share, but didn't want to cram this one, so next time look out for a part 2!

Comments and Criticism (the nice kind pease) appreciated. Thankyou!

Batbrick is Back! >:-)

Edited by Batbrick

Awesome mods! They all look great, and improve upon the models! The displays are great, it's always nice to see people's displays. *y* The Riddler's cane is ingenius, and Mr Freeze looks way better! *y* The Batcycle is just awesome, back in black! :-D *y* And the haircut is funny, who would have thought Batarangs could be so versatile? :-D

~Peace

Awesome mods! They all look great, and improve upon the models! The displays are great, it's always nice to see people's displays. *y* The Riddler's cane is ingenius, and Mr Freeze looks way better! *y* The Batcycle is just awesome, back in black! :-D *y* And the haircut is funny, who would have thought Batarangs could be so versatile? :-D

~Peace

Nice Mods!

I was wondering how big is the Bat tank and does it move smoothly or extremly bumpy? I was thinking of buying one and transforming it into a WW1 Tank.

Edited by Joey Lock

How come I always end up getting chased? :-D Well, hopefully, the boat won't do much to me on the ground! ;-) My favorite is the BatMobile, though, I would suggest taking the wings off, it looks great that way! *y*

Looking forward to the AA!

*sweet*

~Peace

Thanks iamded. Nice to know you like the displays, I always love seeing peoples displays too. Thanks for your comments on my mods and customs too, the Riddler's cane was rather effective I think. And yes, batarangs have all sorts of uses :-D

Nice Mods!

I was wondering how big is the Bat tank and does it move smoothly or extremly bumpy? I was thinking of buying one and transforming it into a WW1 Tank.

Thanks. The Battank runs really smooth and definitely worth a purchase.

How come I always end up getting chased? :-D Well, hopefully, the boat won't do much to me on the ground! ;-) My favorite is the BatMobile, though, I would suggest taking the wings off, it looks great that way! *y*

Looking forward to the AA!

*sweet*

Thanks Exobuilder, gladf to see you saw your cameo X-D . I like the wings on the batmobile, it gives it a "Bat" feel. Thanks again, but whats the AA?

Thanks for all your kind words guys.

Thanks again, but whats the AA?

He definately means AA Insurance.

Unless, maybe he's referring to Arkham Asylum. :-/ :-P

~Peace X-D

Edited by iamded

Wow! )

I really like you Riddler. He's awsome! *wub*

Speaking of bowler hat.... TLC should make it! It would be great for such themes as CITY, BATMAN, or other.... (Nah.... Dreaming again....)

Again, great MOC-s! ) :-)

Yours faithfully,

What did you use for the "techno-suit"? I wanna do that with my Freeze...

As an aside, its easy to make a Black Mask (another diabolical Bat Enemy) minifig - just take the black skull (not red eyed) and plant it on a suit with fleshy hands. Add briefcase and gun and viola! I used Wayne's suit from the Batcave set as it lined up closely with a comic appearance.

Your mods are amazing, Batbrick, a vast improvement over the previous models! I always thought that the batmobile needed some covering over the engine, and you have achieved this well, and your SYSTEM bat mobile looks much better than the original set. I like your batcopter, though I am not to keen on the large black dish, I think it is to big, though that is probably just me being picky! Lastly, I like your Mr. Freeze, a simple but good improvement! *y*

He definately means AA Insurance.

Unless, maybe he's referring to Arkham Asylum. :-/ :-P

~Peace X-D

:-$ , wow, that was pretty obvious in retrospect :-$ .

Wow! )

I really like you Riddler. He's awsome! *wub*

Speaking of bowler hat.... TLC should make it! It would be great for such themes as CITY, BATMAN, or other.... (Nah.... Dreaming again....)

Again, great MOC-s! ) :-)

Thanks The Penguin. I agree, a bowler hat NEEDS to be made.

Thanks for your compliments on my mocs too *sweet*

What did you use for the "techno-suit"? I wanna do that with my Freeze...

As an aside, its easy to make a Black Mask (another diabolical Bat Enemy) minifig - just take the black skull (not red eyed) and plant it on a suit with fleshy hands. Add briefcase and gun and viola! I used Wayne's suit from the Batcave set as it lined up closely with a comic appearance.

Thanks, I like it when people want to try out my mods, the Mr.Freeze suit is merely a printed torso and legs from a space set, but any techno printed blue or black legs and torso will do ;-)

Your mods are amazing, Batbrick, a vast improvement over the previous models! I always thought that the batmobile needed some covering over the engine, and you have achieved this well, and your SYSTEM bat mobile looks much better than the original set. I like your batcopter, though I am not to keen on the large black dish, I think it is to big, though that is probably just me being picky! Lastly, I like your Mr. Freeze, a simple but good improvement! *y*

Thanks Lord Of Pies!

I agree, the dish, while cool as a spotlight, is too big, unfortunately I have only one black dish that is smaller than this one but that is Penguin's unmbrella. When I get the Penguin set coming out this year, I will make it look better.

Thanks for your kind words on my batmobile(s) and Mr.Freeze :'-)

Thanks goes out to Brainbox for this blatant rip-off of his threads :-D

You're most welcome, and it's especially good to see you did the idea justice. :-)

Now, onto the subject matter.

The UCS Batmobile is a nice MOD, and while I personally prefer the engine bay exposed, this is a very simple, yet very stylish MOD. The Batboat, Batmobile and Batcopter, again, are very nice, and definitely improved by the lack of a shooter-thing on the BM and BC. The Batboat does perhaps look better without the fins, but I think I'll leave them on mine. And I'm glad to have served as a source of inspiration regarding the Bat-Tank.

The Riddler, well, I've always preferred the brown/black-haired Riddler, but still this is a very nice custom. I'm impressed with the cane, btw. As for Freeze, it's an easy change that just adds that little extra something to the fig. Nice work here.

Part 4 - The Haircut

In thanks for letting him do such a blatant ripoff of the Bat-Goody Bag threads, Batbrick shows off one of his many talents by giving Brainbox a free, much needed haircut, with a Batarang to boot! X-D

Honestly, I laughed quite a bit when I first saw this. So simple, yet so inspired.

I look forward to seeing more, Batbrick.

Hang on-- Much needed?! I'm tempted to take back all of what I just said! ;-)

You're most welcome, and it's especially good to see you did the idea justice. :-)

Now, onto the subject matter.

The UCS Batmobile is a nice MOD, and while I personally prefer the engine bay exposed, this is a very simple, yet very stylish MOD. The Batboat, Batmobile and Batcopter, again, are very nice, and definitely improved by the lack of a shooter-thing on the BM and BC. The Batboat does perhaps look better without the fins, but I think I'll leave them on mine. And I'm glad to have served as a source of inspiration regarding the Bat-Tank.

Thanks Brainbox :-) , I too like the bay exposed, but I wanted to have a cover as well. That is why I they only attach by one stud on each end, so they are easily removed.

Thanks for your comments on my mods too, I like the batfins on the Batboat, but I found them to take up too much space and more unnecessary than the other bat-vehicles. I like how it looks though.

And yes, I did love that Battank mod of yours, thanks again for letting me borrow the idea.

The Riddler, well, I've always preferred the brown/black-haired Riddler, but still this is a very nice custom. I'm impressed with the cane, btw. As for Freeze, it's an easy change that just adds that little extra something to the fig. Nice work here.

Honestly, I laughed quite a bit when I first saw this. So simple, yet so inspired.

I look forward to seeing more, Batbrick.

Hang on-- Much needed?! I'm tempted to take back all of what I just said! ;-)

I like either version the Riddler, I put this hair on him because I like it too, and so it would look a little more customized :-$

Thanks (again!) for your kind words and compliments, I'm glad you enjoyed your haircut, which was only "much needed", because it hadn't changed in a while ;-)

Thanks Brainbox :-) , I too like the bay exposed, but I wanted to have a cover as well. That is why I they only attach by one stud on each end, so they are easily removed.

Quite alright, and I like the way that they're easily removable. Maybe you could flip a coin to see which you should go for on any given day.*

Thanks (again!) for your kind words and compliments, I'm glad you enjoyed your haircut, which was only "much needed", because it hadn't changed in a while ;-)

Oh well, in that case... maybe I should change it to something wild and crazy, like EF hair or Two-Face's. X-D

*Yep, another Bat-joke.

Quite alright, and I like the way that they're easily removable. Maybe you could flip a coin to see which you should go for on any given day.*

Not exactly a subtle reference ;-)

Oh well, in that case... maybe I should change it to something wild and crazy, like EF hair or Two-Face's. X-D

*Yep, another Bat-joke.

Two-Face's it is then, next time....

Very nice mods! I like the batwing (Its not a set is it?), We could use some closeups of that! Also, thw minor mods on the batmobiles are really great! Better than the sets! Somtimes I think lego does this on purpose to see what we come up with! X-D *y*

Stauder

When have I ever been subtle? ;-)

Good point! :-D

Very nice mods! I like the batwing (Its not a set is it?), We could use some closeups of that! Also, thw minor mods on the batmobiles are really great! Better than the sets! Somtimes I think lego does this on purpose to see what we come up with! X-D *y*

Stauder

Thankyou Stauder! I'm glad you like my mods, I agree with you, sometimes lego seems to make a set that needs a mod *sweet*

Yes, it is: http://www.brickset.com/detail.aspx?Set=7782-1

It's difficult to tell if Batbrick's MODed it, but it looks like he hasn't. Or at least not in any major way.

I only modded it a tiny bit, blackening it up. I will mod it further, but right now my Bat-mods eat up my black parts supply, and I'm all out of those precious black 1x1 slopes. I will mod it further, but honestly, its the best lego Batvehicle of all, so the only tiny changes need to be made. However I really look forward to your two-seat Batplane.

Batbrick Something! *wacko*

I only modded it a tiny bit, blackening it up.

Ah, rght. There you go then.

However I really look forward to your two-seat Batplane.

I actually realised the other day that Nightwing only just fits, and that I forgot to build it with him in mind. Never mind though, it'll have to do.

Very fine MODs indeed, they all look very good. *y*

Maybe I

Ah, rght. There you go then.

I actually realised the other day that Nightwing only just fits, and that I forgot to build it with him in mind. Never mind though, it'll have to do.

Oh, is it his hair that makes him only just fit?

And I just modded the Batwing today, so that'll be part of the next one then.

Very fine MODs indeed, they all look very good. *y*

Maybe I

Oh, is it his hair that makes him only just fit?

Yes. The cockpit shuts, but I can't tell whether it shuts completely or not. It's pretty close to 'completely' if not, but with all the black, I can't really tell.

Thankyou Asuka, feel free to steal my mods, I stole a few of them off Brainbox X-D

You realise I'll eventually steal someone's MOC, then realise it's actually mine! :-D

Yes. The cockpit shuts, but I can't tell whether it shuts completely or not. It's pretty close to 'completely' if not, but with all the black, I can't really tell.

You realise I'll eventually steal someone's MOC, then realise it's actually mine! :-D

Nice, if its pretty close then thats fine, my Killer Croc boat mod fits mostly, but good enough.

I see your a fan of these looping dilemmas, with comments like these:

"I prefer to see it that he's so insane, he's almost sane"

"Keep in mind we're so off topic, that we've come back round behind it and are now back onto it"

:-P

Oh, and Bat Moc'N'Mods 2 is up now! Go here now if you want to have a purpose in life!

Batbrick Something! *wacko*

I see your a fan of these looping dilemmas, with comments like these:

"I prefer to see it that he's so insane, he's almost sane"

"Keep in mind we're so off topic, that we've come back round behind it and are now back onto it"

Oh... um... erm... well, actually now you come to mention it (and this isn't helping) but I used one the other day at college :-$ .

"There's a line. We're on this side of the line. [she's] so far on that side of the line, she's actually back on our side."

*wacko*

Batmobile mod. This one I am particularly proud of, as it kept the sleek look. as you can see I also blackened it up:

p1200824.jpg

Front view:

p1200827.jpg

This has only been brought to my attention recently, but is quite irritating nonetheless. When I got my Batmobile, I also thought that crappy launcher needed replacing with a smoother look - as seen here. Your prided redesign is almost identical to mine. Due to mine being about 18 months ago, there's a chance you have never encountered my work, but if you had seen it before, I would appreciate appropriate credit, since as far as I am aware I was one of, if not the first, to do a mod like this.