Sign in to follow this  
CopMike

LEGO World Oslo 1-4 may 2008

I'd love to go and I'm pretty sure Morten feels the same way.

Must check calendar.

KimT

I'm going! *sweet* If LEGO Norway will support me with funds, that is. :-/ (Which I think they will X-D )

Looking forward to contributing to the displays and meeting fellow FOLs, *wub* and maybe some EB members? *sweet*

And who
Edited by UniqueBuilder

Sorry, I don't live in Oslo X-D (And thank goodness for that :-P )

Hey! What's that supposed to mean, I live in Oslo X-D

Shame I won't be able to go.. :'-(

May I ask where you live, UniqueBuilder? How come you don't like Oslo? ;-)

Edited by Fender Bender

Hey that could be a cool WE !!

Now I need to see if I can come hehe and where to stay :-P Mike, any special deals on hotels or EB members ;-) Negotiate On I say hehe

*yoda*

Hey! What's that supposed to mean, I live in Oslo X-D

How come you don't like Oslo? ;-)

Edited by UniqueBuilder

Will be there in some way. eighter for one or two days, will have to see.

-Ras-

Ouch!

I have got a calm wife... *wub*

...but she would definitely ripp my head off if I

Will be there in some way. eighter for one or two days, will have to see.

-Ras-

Good to hear. Guess that's going to be you and copmike? Or only you? And btw, the trip to Oslo is shorter for you guys than for me and UB ;-) But I'm going, one way or another, can't miss this. X-D

Here´s a link to the norweigian webpaper budstikka about the Event.

It basicly says that a hangar of 8000 sqm will be filled by more than a 100 LEGO models. They hope about 20000 children (nothing about AFOL´s though ;-)) will be coming. The ticketprice is 100 nkr. The record company EMI will in cooperation with LEGO realease a childrens CD with songs suitiable for kids up to the age of 12.

Oslo On

copmike

I've just sealed the deal and officially signed up for LEGO World Oslo 2008, and put my models at Matija's disposal! *sweet*

So, who's coming with us? >:-) So far..

Copmike

Ras

Kimt

Morten?

Quarryman

Freddie

Xwingyoda (that leg of yours better be good by May lool)

Anyone else? :-P

For you foreign guys, I've put some effort (read: I used a converter) into converting 100 NOK to your currency.. (like you couldn't have figured that out yourselves, you lazy bastards) :-P

100 NOK is...

I will be going as well - reserved my "VIP"-parking spot and "free" entry. Don't have much of MOCs to show up (only a few train cars), but will be contributing in form of rails for the enthusiasts' layout and manpower. With an event taking place so close to where I live, it would just be shameful not to participate.

Indeed getting ready.. (and being nervous.. we still have a few problems that must be solved..)

P1020115.JPG

P1020117.JPG

(using 12 48x48 baseplates (football fields), more than 15000 bricks and rising.. no wonder some people call us mad ;-))

:oh:Quarryman - looks impressive!!!

I´m looking forward to when I see it IRL, along with UniqueBuilders :sweet:!

11 days On

copmike

Looks great DNL :wub:!

wip001.jpg_thumb.jpg

We´ll need a EB moment together!

Group pic On

copmike

It's started! :sweet: Unfortunately I don't have pics of it, maybe Copmike or Ras will kindly donate some. :tongue: It's so great! Lots of great MOCs, cool layouts and a sweet shop! :oh: And remember, it lasts until Sunday, so it's not too late to book a flight! :wink::tongue:

Just a quick update, without any pictures I'm afraid. Earlier today there was a fast-build competition here at Legoworld Oslo, with a Norwegian team against a Swedish team (Norway vs Sweden is quite a big thing for us norwegians, in every way possible :tongue:) Any way, on the Norwegian there was me, and two other guys from Brikkelauget (UniqueBuilder didn't dare to compete :wink:), and on the Swedish team there was copmike, Ras 74 and a friend of theirs from Gothenburg.

Now, the set we were going to build was the General Grievous UCS, 1085 pieces, lots of nastyness with pieces not hanging by much.. Of course, no one on the Norwegian team are collectors of SW LEGO, and hadn't tried fast-building before, quite a challenge :wink:

And for almost the whole time while we sat there, on stage, with spotlights and a commentator, I thought the swedes were going to win, but they didn't, we did :grin: 1 hour 13 minutes and some seconds, barely beating the swedes, not many seconds ahead. :tongue: Don't think it's a good time, but considering that it was the first time any of us did something like it, I'm quite satisfied. And we each got a 10186, which I think is quite cool :grin:

There will probably be some more postings from Legoworld Oslo later today, with pictures too, just got copmike's memory card to transfer them to my laptop. :classic:

Edited by Quarryman

They lost ? That is hilarious. After spending so much time on fastbuilding SW MOCs ! Tsss CM and RAS, you could have done so much better !