Hangar 6

Tags: Spaceship

Note to judges: the hangar itself is largely re-used, with the only changes being the reversal of the 9 for a 6 and some crates being rearranged, and thus should probably not be judged...

The previous story:

30927806162_4acbf7bbd3_z.jpg

"Alright, Explorer Quilones, here we are," Commander Gorn was saying as the two men approached what was hopefully the correct hangar this time. "I have read the list properly and switched no numbers around this go around, see," he said showing the list to Henjin.

"Very good, Sir," was all the annoyed explorer could say through his gritted teeth. The walk from 9 to 6 had been an unpleasant one, filled with inane chitchat about the commander's niece-in-law's newest child over on Lorstan II. Who cared that he could walk by the time he was two months old and could form complete sentences by four months? 

But the first sight of the ship through the hangar bay doors took Henjin's breath away and banished all negative thoughts he had been having about Gorn. Maybe the commander was not all bad...

31034396696_aea73bb3f7_z.jpg

When they were inside they could see the lead engineer overseeing a technician putting the final touches on the exhaust piping. 

30927804062_e2f9852f1f_z.jpg

"No, no, two turns clockwise, you moron!" the engineer shouted. Engineers were always like that, Henjin realized, bossing everyone else around as though they did not know how to do their jobs. 

"Of course, Sir," said the technician. "But isn't this the reverse polarity exhaust filtrator, Sir? Thus having the coupling joined with counterclockwise turns?"

"What?" asked the engineer in some surprise. "No, it isn't...wait, let me check...darn, you were right, Jim, it is counterclockwise."

30927803212_be19a89673_z.jpg

"Wow, is that one of the new models of walkie-talkie you have there," said Henjin to break the tension in the room. "One of the ones without the bulky handle and antenna?"

"Why, yes, it is," said the engineer proudly. "They're calling them 'smarttalkies' with a really neat touchscreen and all of that, of course. Fit into a back pocket and everything."

"Of course," agreed Henjin, looking down at his clunker of a field device. "So, is the ship ready for me?"

"Sure is," said the technician, drawing a glare from the engineer. "You wanna start loading her up?"

Henjin went over to the hatch and climbed up the ladder, putting his stuff inside. The backpack and walkie-talkie took up hardly any room in the spacious hold, so he was quickly out again and going over the checklist with the commander, ready to head out on his first off-world mission with the Kawashita Group in his brand new spaceship.

31070145465_ed8db14226_z.jpg

30927801352_6bf05950c5_z.jpg

What would he name her? He did not know yet, but it would have to be properly epic, like Tantive V, The Century Eagle, Servant I, or The Executive. Something cool like that...

More pictures:

Spoiler

Hangar 6, empty: 

30927806942_12dd104e5d_z.jpg

The ship from the top/front (it flies much like Slave I, which served as an inspiration for parts of the design), 3/4 view:

31070150375_097086fae9_z.jpg

The ship from the top:

30955975871_0724f59801_z.jpg

The ship from the back, with the hatch open:

31034399886_f6a07622ef_z.jpg

The ship from a full-on front view:

31034400746_0e83f5a80f_z.jpg

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

Love the ship! it has very nice gimbling. Keep up the good work!