Show Lego Co your ideas! - New Official SW Buildin

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 etcknight

etcknight

Member: 286

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:44 PM

Hey guys,

Just got my Lego Co Magazine in the mail today.  There's a new building contest, and guess what?  This time there's no age limit so even AFOLs can participate.    :oD  This is our chance to show Lego Co the way that Lego Star Wars should have and still could be!  ;)   So, submit your MOC projects and show Lego Co what you want produced!

I plan on submitting my 7090 NRS set.  Win or lose, hopefully someone at Lego Co will take notice and we might see a real 7090 NRS set in the future!!  We can only hope.  Go All-Chrome!!   :)  

Here's the 4-1-1:

"Lego Co" said:

Grand Prize = Entire SW Eps III collection
First Prize (4) = one Eps III set (up to $100.00 value)

To Enter:
1) Build a SW vehicle model using pieces from your Lego collection.  Don't just make a model from the movies - create something new!
2) Send us a color photo of your model.  Only photographs and photo-quality computer print-outs will be accepted.  No Polaroids, please!
3) Write an essay of 50 words or less telling us about your creation.  How does it work, what does it do?  Who drives or pilots it?  How will it help the Republic against the Separatists?
4) Include your name, age, complete mailing address and day-time phone number on your essay.
5) Mail your photo and essay to:

Lego Star Wars Building Contest
P.O. Box 1625
Enfield, CT  06083-1625

**All entries must be received by midnight EST July 1st, 2005**
I think I entered all the info correctly.  If you find a mistake, let me know.  There's some fine print (blah, blah), but the main rules are listed above.  Good luck everyone!!    :)

#2 chewie

chewie

• Thank you, come again

Member: 280

Posted 18 May 2005 - 12:20 AM

OHHHHH!!!!! yahoo this is awsome...but im not sure if i would enter anything...meh i guess i could make a starwars thing..lets use this as a thread to brain storm then we could maby submit somthing big on behalf of eurobricks..just an idea if not...then..um.....

EDIT: tstoeger i did not realize you were the one who posted this

#3 Darth_Ewok

Darth_Ewok

• Furry Yub Yub

Member: 263

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:22 AM

!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!

#4 V()()D()()

V()()D()()

Member: 194

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:26 AM

Cool! Thanks man! But only one question... is the contest available for North America?

#5 little-green-man

little-green-man

• Future Yub Yub Burger

Member: 293

Posted 18 May 2005 - 05:27 AM

Yes, that is something that is important?

But i am going to start building anyway

#6 languages

languages

• Forever TAWTed

Member: 215

Posted 18 May 2005 - 07:03 AM

Is this competition available for the UK aswell?

#7 little-green-man

little-green-man

• Future Yub Yub Burger

Member: 293

Posted 19 May 2005 - 12:55 AM

come on guys
:'(
does anyone know?

#8 V()()D()()

V()()D()()

Posted 19 May 2005 - 01:31 AM

Darth_Ewok, on May 18 2005, 01:22 AM, said:

YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!
YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!

#9 Mr. Lego-builder

Mr. Lego-builder

• Work In Progress

Member: 314

Posted 19 May 2005 - 02:21 AM

Gosh...this sounds like a nice contest and all, but I don't think (personally) will enter because:

Number 1: I have small interest in Star Wars...

Number 2: I don't think I really have the time, going to high school and all...

And Number 3: I have a feeling that etcknight here is going to win with his entry. I mean, it's already widely talked (and praised) about in this forum alone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Sidenote: Please, the YAY! thing  might be funny for the first time around, but please, stop repeating YAY! over and over and over and over and over...you know what I mean. Just look at those two posts. *wacko*

#10 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Member: 174

Posted 19 May 2005 - 05:43 AM

I've entered a number of these contests in the past and have had great mocs as well as even better stories.  What I don't like is Lego never seems to posts the winners or shows you the winning models/stories.

I'm giving up on these, but good luck though!

#11 Ras 74

Ras 74

• Prince of PM´s

Member: 114

Posted 19 May 2005 - 09:58 AM

And Number 3: I have a feeling that etcknight here is going to win with his entry. I mean, it's already widely talked (and praised) about in this forum alone.

Idont think so...
No offense here etcknight, but if he had made, whatever Amidalas smaller ship, which she uses when she and Anakin goes to Naboo by them selves I think it could really has got a big chance.
Kind of Im hoping I will be wrong, there should be very many nice pieces IF he wins.
And his model is a very good one.

So I say even if your not in to LEGO STAR WARS, give it a try. Go ahead and give  
TLC the best models ever!!
Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Please read the
Members Guidelines and check the Tutorials Index

Brickshelf Gallery

#12 Mister Phes

Mister Phes

• Uncle Sam edit!

Member: 273

Posted 19 May 2005 - 02:11 PM

1) Build a SW vehicle model using pieces from your Lego collection.  Don't just make a model from the movies - create something new!

It HAS to be a Star Wars vehicle model?  Is that the limit of this competition?  Do I need to complain more to LEGO...?

#13 Darth_Ewok

Darth_Ewok

• Furry Yub Yub

Member: 263

Posted 20 May 2005 - 03:26 PM

V()()D()(), on May 19 2005, 01:31 AM, said:

Darth_Ewok, on May 18 2005, 01:22 AM, said:

YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!
YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!

so what should we build? we need to poll everyone on what set they want most, then make the most wanted ones. and everyone can make one so we have a better chance

#14 V()()D()()

V()()D()()

Posted 21 May 2005 - 03:42 PM

etcknight, on May 17 2005, 10:44 PM, said:

To Enter:
1) Build a SW vehicle model using pieces from your Lego collection. Don't just make a model from the movies - create something new!
Well I am geussing TLC wants "homade" MOC's not ones from the movies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users