Tags: Science, Building

30050853764_6daec94605_c.jpgr

Log #006 – 31 Oktobrinali 3816

Because of my lack of activity within Kawashita, I'm doing simple chores for other people on our home planet Orinshi. At least I can keep wearing my pilot costume which I take pride in.

The other day, on halloween, I had to get a ladder for the hallway janitor, from a doctor who experiments with alien lifeforms. I thought It was illegal to do that to other sentient beings. I don't want to think If alien lifeforms will experiment on us. And I don't like seeing open flesh wounds and organs... So, with much hestitation, I went in and see the doctor for borrowing his ladder.

The man greeted me with a warm sounding welcome with a thick German accent. His name is Jakob and when I asked him If I can borrow his ladder for the janitor in this hallway, he started to laugh out loud. "Jakob's ladder!" he reexclaimed twice. I had no idea what's so funny, but maybe It's a German thing. But I may borrow 'his' ladder ofcourse.

When facing the ladder, I saw all the things I ignored or blocked out of my field besides Jakob: A huge monitor screen with nothing but bloody organs, wings getting dissected, alien bugs in jars, a huge eyeball staring at me. I grabbed the ladder anyhow without thanking and greeting Jakob and fell unconsious with the ladder on the hallway.

More information and pictures under the spoiler tag:

30565614562_a44abe33e2_c.jpg

Hello AG people! It's been a while, huh? I lurk often on this board to see what's going on. Mainly interested in the builds It self than the game. I hope to make someday freebuilds of other corporations as well. You're all doing a fantastic job and have a frightningly good Halloween!

EDIT: English can be hard.

Edited by Orange Leader

Very nice laboratory! My favorite part is the spinner base used as a drain, but the other details make it work, like the tables, computer, trashcan, toolkit, shelves, vents, and specimens. The piping in the base, especially those knobs, helps to sell it, too. My one tiny bit of criticism is that it might look a bit better with tiles on top of the walls to hide those studs. But good work!

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

9 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Very nice laboratory! My favorite part is the spinner base used as a drain, but the other details make it work, like the tables, computer, trashcan, toolkit, shelves, vents, and specimens. The piping in the base, especially those knobs, helps to sell it, too. My one tiny bit of criticism is that it might look a bit better with tiles on top of the walls to hide those studs. But good work!

Hey Henjin, thanks for your comment. I understand your point of view regarding the exposed studs of the walls. IMO I find using tiles for such clean walls hard to pull off; between the tiles there are always some visible grooves that make It look uneven and It's part intensive. So I go for the stud look; It looks more that way that It connects to a ceiling anyway besides the evenly structured appeal.

Very, Very nice build, I love the piping, the containment cells, and just the layout overall. You should really build more for us, even putting a fig on a plate helps Kawashita you know. :classic:

3 hours ago, Orange Leader said:

Hey Henjin, thanks for your comment. I understand your point of view regarding the exposed studs of the walls. IMO I find using tiles for such clean walls hard to pull off; between the tiles there are always some visible grooves that make It look uneven and It's part intensive. So I go for the stud look; It looks more that way that It connects to a ceiling anyway besides the evenly structured appeal.

Fair enough. Make it look the way you want it to look, and that is what matters. My preference is for tiles, but it is (as you say) part intensive and isn't the look everyone likes. I respect that. 

Good to see you back. Orenji.  I just noticed how sweet your base is, great way to use those aquazone pieces.  Lots of nice details here, my favourite is the red screen.  I hope Makoto is not passing into the afterlife, what a film that was!

Very inspiring! Being a fan of (mad) science, i see a lot to pick up from your build. Amazing little build and a perfectly set up scene :classic: :thumbup:

It was a surprise to see the pop in color after the fantastic B&W shot. Great vignette with wonderful details in every corner. :thumbup: