Jump to content


Batbrick's Bat-minifig Artwork!


12 replies to this topic

#1 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 11 January 2008 - 03:48 AM

Here we go, my very first topic in the MF Customisation Workshop. While I was bored on holiday, away from my lego, I pondered what many Batman characters would look like in lego form.

I drew them down, and, er, here we are. Anyway, Brainbox, don't get picky now  :-P , I had no pics to reference so some details may be off. I'm pretty happy overall though, and definitely improved at drawing MFs. So, erm, here we go:

The Mad Hatter:
Posted Image

Harley Quinn:
Posted Image

Ventriloquest:
Posted Image

Black Mask:
Posted Image

Ra's Al Ghul:
Posted Image

Talia Al Ghul:
Posted Image

Clock King:
Posted Image

Firefly, in my own incarnation:
Posted Image

Clayface. I think he would be best with a design like the recent "Giant Troll". He could have a removable legs, which could be replaced with tan bricks for that clay effect. He could come with alternate hands like a tan drill, and tan tentacle and such. His head could be replaced by an MF one too:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Gordon with the trenchcoat:
Posted Image

Batgirl, a bit of a Minifig hottie for Yoda:
Posted Image

Barbara Gordon:
Posted Image

Tim Drake:
Posted Image

Dick Grayson:
Posted Image

Lucius Fox:
Posted Image

Batman in a BB style suit:
Posted Image

Batman Armoured suit. i would imagine this one with no cape:
Posted Image

Batman in a would-be Dark Grey suit:
Posted Image

Batman in a futuristic/techno suit:
Posted Image

Two-Face looking a bit badass in trenchcoat and fedora:
Posted Image

Joker in a trenchcoat and fedora (please be like this in the Tumbler set!  :'-) ):
Posted Image

Gangsters would be achieved great with a trenchcoat and fedora:
Posted Image

How i see the trenchcoat mold working:
Posted Image

Sorry for the blurry pics.
Well, I hope you liked them, comments appreciated!  :-)

Batbrick is Back!  >:-)
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#2 Commander Andrew of 501 st

Commander Andrew of 501 st

    Posts: 489
    Joined: 05-August 07
    Member: 1858
    Country: USA

Posted 11 January 2008 - 03:54 AM

neato i really like the BB one and the Batgirl one :-$  X-D hehe

Bionicle Winter 2009 Sets:Gladitorian: 3/6 Agori: 1/6 Titans: 1/2
Back into Starwars theme
Power Miners is meh
Pirates RRRRrrr! all good

My Flickr

#3 TinyPiesRUs

TinyPiesRUs

  • Not afraid of a witch hunt!


    Posts: 1880
    Joined: 28-June 07
    Member: 1725
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 11 January 2008 - 06:48 AM

Nice work, escpecially since you didn't have a minifig to compare your pics to at the time. That said, some of the proportions look strange in some of your pics. Still, great job, I especially like your Ventriloquest, Two Face and Lucius Fox  *sweet*

#4 LuxorV

LuxorV

  • Will Cat Accordingly.


    Posts: 6253
    Joined: 11-July 07
    Member: 1771
    Country: Italy

Posted 11 January 2008 - 09:11 AM

Great job! I think I like them all :-$

Very interesting ideas for the Clayface design and the trenchcoat mold  *y*  *y*


LuxorV

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


Looking for new decals or help customising your LEGO elements? Check the Minifig Customisation Index!

My Brickshelf --- My Flickr


#5 iamded

iamded

  • Cannot neigh to save his life.


    Posts: 5033
    Joined: 09-January 07
    Member: 1225
    Country: New Zealand!

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:27 AM

Nice drawings, Batbrick! LuxorV pretty much summed up what I was gonna say. :-P Interesting and cool ideas for Clayface, and a quite ingenious trench coat mold. These are all done very nicely, maybe I'll give it a shot sometime. :-D  *y*
~Peace


Check out Eurobricks' RPG, Mafia and Wargames forum for the best fun.


#6 VBBN

VBBN

  • Teaching is made up of patience


    Posts: 4975
    Joined: 27-May 07
    Member: 1621
    Country: United States

Posted 12 January 2008 - 01:48 AM

View PostLord Admiral Helden Ravensdorn, on Jan 11 2008, 08:18 PM, said:

Defense against Fresh Fruit,eh?

Isnt that like dark chocolate on top of beef steak?
Nice! Boy, those women are hot!

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

Posted Image

^Click to View^


#7 The Penguin

The Penguin

  • Vodka, Caviar, and Bears on Unicycles!


    Posts: 2271
    Joined: 10-January 08
    Member: 2465
    Country: Russia

Posted 12 January 2008 - 01:17 PM

Wow! I really liked your work! )
Thanks.... )
But only one question: Where's The Penguin?!  :'-(  :-D  X-D

Edited by The Penguin, 12 January 2008 - 01:18 PM.


#8 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 13 January 2008 - 10:03 PM

View PostCommander Andrew of 501 st, on Jan 11 2008, 02:54 PM, said:

neato i really like the BB one and the Batgirl one :-$  X-D hehe
Thanks, I really like the batgirl one too  :-$

View PostTinyPiesRUs, on Jan 11 2008, 05:48 PM, said:

Nice work, escpecially since you didn't have a minifig to compare your pics to at the time. That said, some of the proportions look strange in some of your pics. Still, great job, I especially like your Ventriloquest, Two Face and Lucius Fox  *sweet*
Thanks TinyPiesRUs!  *sweet*    I think Gordon had the weirdest proportions, big body, stubby legs  :-$  

View PostLuxorV, on Jan 11 2008, 08:11 PM, said:

Great job! I think I like them all :-$

Very interesting ideas for the Clayface design and the trenchcoat mold  *y*  *y*
LuxorV
Thanks as always LuxorV!

View Postiamded, on Jan 11 2008, 10:27 PM, said:

Nice drawings, Batbrick! LuxorV pretty much summed up what I was gonna say. :-P Interesting and cool ideas for Clayface, and a quite ingenious trench coat mold. These are all done very nicely, maybe I'll give it a shot sometime. :-D  *y*
~Peace
Thanks iamded!
Clayface I think would be best done that way, and the trenchcoat, I believe that something like my design would work, as it could drape down past the MF's legs, and still givehim space to walk.

Can't wait to see your effort!  :-P

View Post~VBBN~, on Jan 12 2008, 12:48 PM, said:

Nice! Boy, those women are hot!

:-D   Thanks!

View PostThe Penguin, on Jan 13 2008, 12:17 AM, said:

Wow! I really liked your work! )
Thanks.... )
But only one question: Where's The Penguin?!  :'-(  :-D  X-D
Thankyou ThePenguin, and about our dear Oswald Copplepot, he's uh, in your avatar!

Thanks for all your comments guys!

Batbrick is Back!  >:-)
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#9 SirNadroj

SirNadroj

  • Rock Hard ABS


    Posts: 3049
    Joined: 02-October 06
    Member: 998
    Country: U.S.

Posted 13 January 2008 - 10:31 PM

Nice! I like the action poses you put them in! My favorite is Ventriloquist!  *y*

#10 Brainbox

Brainbox

  • A real Joe 90


    Posts: 2583
    Joined: 23-November 06
    Member: 1092
    Country: England

Posted 15 January 2008 - 03:55 PM

View PostBatbrick, on Jan 11 2008, 03:48 AM, said:

Anyway, Brainbox, don't get picky now  :-P , I had no pics to reference so some details may be off.
X-D Would I ever? Although now you come to mention it...  ;-)

Anyway, nice work. It's nice to see the obscurity that is Clock King. Ra's and Ventriloquist are especially good, and as for Babs Gordon, well, I'm just happy to see that this drawing is deserving of her, seeing as how I do, erm, fancy her a bit. The character, not the minifg, I hasten to add (though how it's any better, I don't know).  *wub*   :-$

So, might there be more in the pipeline?
Yep, I'm back! Be afraid...

My Brickshelf Gallery

#11 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:59 PM

View PostSirNadroj, on Jan 14 2008, 09:31 AM, said:

Nice! I like the action poses you put them in! My favorite is Ventriloquist!  *y*
Thanks, I like the Ventriloquest too, I do hope TLC release him  *wub*

View PostBrainbox, on Jan 16 2008, 02:55 AM, said:

X-D Would I ever? Although now you come to mention it...  ;-)

Anyway, nice work. It's nice to see the obscurity that is Clock King. Ra's and Ventriloquist are especially good, and as for Babs Gordon, well, I'm just happy to see that this drawing is deserving of her, seeing as how I do, erm, fancy her a bit. The character, not the minifg, I hasten to add (though how it's any better, I don't know).  *wub*   :-$

So, might there be more in the pipeline?
Thankyou Brainbox, I'm glad you like Ra's, as he was the one I worried most over.
And glad to see you enjoyed the appearance of babs  *sweet*
And about a sequel, possibly, I have ideas for manbat and several others, and I think I could slip in Oracle just for you  X-D

Batbrick is Back!  >:-)
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#12 Brainbox

Brainbox

  • A real Joe 90


    Posts: 2583
    Joined: 23-November 06
    Member: 1092
    Country: England

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:17 PM

View PostBatbrick, on Jan 15 2008, 09:59 PM, said:

And glad to see you enjoyed the appearance of babs  *sweet*
Well, 'enjoyed' is certainly one way of putting it...  ;-)

View PostBatbrick, on Jan 15 2008, 09:59 PM, said:

And about a sequel, possibly, I have ideas for manbat and several others, and I think I could slip in Oracle just for you  X-D
Oh, you do know how to please a guy.
Yep, I'm back! Be afraid...

My Brickshelf Gallery

#13 zero1312

zero1312

  • Devilish Crap!!!!!


    Posts: 3161
    Joined: 19-March 07
    Member: 1455
    Country: Germany

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:32 PM

Very good!! *y*
Clayface is my favourite. *wub*
If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it!!
If my fate is to be destroyed................ I must simply laugh!!!


MOCpages:
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/99432

Posted ImagePosted Image



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users