53 replies to this topic

#51 Sinner

Sinner

• Mike's Magical Elf

Member: 1554

Posted 18 October 2008 - 03:33 AM

View PostHinckley, on Sep 3 2008, 03:18 AM, said:

I'm taking this building down (or breaking it, as Sinner would say):
:blush: Well I would have if I noticed this update! Sorry. You really have to stop posting in my 3am! I tend to go to bed at about 2am, and I don't always have the time to check the entire night of posts... :tongue:

Anyway, it's a shame you decided to break it, but I do agree that it isn't your best work. The right hand side looks good but the left is lacking. What's the cow doing on the roof?  :tongue:

Even so, I might take your "build ASAP" concept and re-build my town. It's buried under parts at the moment due to a room re-arrangement anyway.  :sceptic: I miss playing with my trains...

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!

#52 Hinckley

Hinckley

• Reay for 2017!

Member: 486

Posted 18 October 2008 - 03:46 AM

View PostSinner, on Oct 17 2008, 09:33 PM, said:

What's the cow doing on the roof?  :tongue:
:laugh: Actually, Ras put it there and it's become such a part of the structure, I didn't even notice it as out of place anymore. Brilliant! :wub:

#53 Thomas B.

Thomas B.

• Restraining Order

Member: 3818

Posted 18 October 2008 - 03:51 AM

The cow is a nice touch! Who put a restraining order on me?!?  :tongue:

My site... http://brickbrain.net/test2/index.php

Hinckley took a restraining order out on me!

#54 Eilif

Eilif

• Eco-friendly cheapskate

Member: 2913

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:23 PM

View PostHinckley, on Sep 2 2008, 12:18 PM, said:

I know it's been 7 months since you wrote this Alex, but I think you're wrong about Chicago. It's not so new that it doesn't have an eclectic mix of buildings in its downtown and its neighborhoods. There's enough of a history to create a similar juxtaposition of building styles just like you would find in Europe....

Chicago, Oslo, Copenhagen and Stockholm-that list, of course, bookended by the two most beautiful cities in the world. :wub:

In a fit of non-Fabuland building, I started two other normal system-scale Town projects as well: a new modular cinema-a project

I missed this post also, but as a passionate Chicago fan, I feel the need to comment...

Regarding architectural mix, I completely agree.  It's especially evident in neighborhoods that are in transition, or have recently been gentrified.  It may not be as extreme a mix as Europe, but in those kind of Chicago neighborhoods, you will seen classic greco-gothic influenced greystones, next to Brick 2 flats, next to one story bungalows, wood sided frame houses, all allong side of new construction that ranges from "trying-to-hard-to-look-impressive" private homes, to angular modern glass and steel structures.  

We'll be waiting for these new town Projects.
Visit scenic Brickington
Article: How to get LEGO for a Penny Per Piece
Member, Northern Illinois LEGO Train Club.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users