TIP-Town in Progress

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#26 Serengeti

Serengeti

Member: 1040

Posted 16 January 2008 - 03:41 PM

View Postimperialshadows, on Jan 6 2008, 10:32 AM, said:

Old? When I entered my dark ages, tan didn't exist. 8-° By the time I came out, it was somewhat common. I bought 5988 on clearance almost immediately just because it had all that tan and I wasn't used to seeing it.

You are tanorexic as they say  :-D

Good idea about the floor heights. Adds realism alright.

*wacko*
Mocs:

Posted Image

The Minifig Times.com  Leaving no brick unturned in the search for scandals

#27 Sinner

Sinner

• Mike's Magical Elf

Member: 1554

Posted 16 January 2008 - 03:48 PM

View PostHinckley, on Jan 16 2008, 04:26 AM, said:

A blue bucket fountain. I believe you suggested the idea in the town twinning topic. :-D
Indeed I did.  :-$  But it can't be blue as (Impartial aside) I don't have a lot of it... I'll give it some thought.  *sweet*

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!

#28 Shadows

Shadows

• Free Online Spell Checker

Member: 1558

Posted 17 January 2008 - 01:07 PM

View PostCalvin, on Jan 16 2008, 10:41 AM, said:

You are tanorexic as they say  :-D
It was actually closer to tan addiction. :-$

When I first joined Bricklink, I would literally buy up all the tan in a store whenever I made an order.

Eventually that progressed to dark red, dark tan, dark and medium blue, dark and medium orange, all of the sand variations and a few other colours until I had a nice amount of each.

I get that way with LEGO, I want as much of an assortment as possible, even if I don't use them regularly. You ought to see my dark purple collection... :-|

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#29 Phred

Phred

• Ready...Aim...Phredit!

Member: 1037

Posted 17 January 2008 - 08:19 PM

View PostHinckley, on Jan 6 2008, 03:08 AM, said:

Here's the first victim renovation of the TIP (Town in Progress) overhaul...my yellow house:
-snip-
It has been dismantled... :'-) we'll certainly miss her...and will soon be re-built into a modular brownstone type addition to Bazooville...stay tuned. :-)
I don't know what's so wrong with a yellow house. 8-|
Yellow isn't my first choice for colors, but i don't think it's that bad.
I'll just remember to not post any yellow buildings onto EB if i make any. :-P

P

Edited by phred, 17 January 2008 - 08:20 PM.

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

Pirates don't hunt for treasure.  They bury it- I mean we bury it.  - Captain Kirk

Posted Image

Those who have the disease called Jesus will never be cured. - Brennan Manning

#30 Mister Phes

Mister Phes

• WordPress Wizard

Member: 273

Posted 17 January 2008 - 08:33 PM

I have a question for Mr Hinckley...

Does "tip" (used as a verb, not an acronym) have mean the same in you area as it does in my area?

What meaning you may ask...  One that would make your town sound very unglamorous.  X-D

#31 Hinckley

Hinckley

• Reay for 2017!

Member: 486

Posted 18 January 2008 - 07:31 AM

View PostMister Phes, on Jan 17 2008, 02:33 PM, said:

Does "tip" (used as a verb, not an acronym) have mean the same in you area as it does in my area?

What meaning you may ask...  One that would make your town sound very unglamorous.  X-D
No. :-D  :-D  :-D It means a couple of dirty things as a noun but that's kind of a stretch even. I think everything has a naughty connotation where you're from...the LEGO Caribbean, of course. :-P

#32 Sinner

Sinner

• Mike's Magical Elf

Posted 18 January 2008 - 01:38 PM

View PostMister Phes, on Jan 18 2008, 06:33 AM, said:

What I thought he meant was that he was going to up-end the table and "tip" it onto the floor!  8-° It was only later that I realised it was an acronym.  :-$

#33 maiq the liar

maiq the liar

• Youtube poopie!

Member: 1321

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:53 PM

View Postsalty tbone, on Jan 15 2008, 12:50 AM, said:

Personally, I would make the brewery the center of your town, because I just think that's simply an awesome MOC. Plus, well, it's a brewery.  *sweet*

Well, don't want too many drunkards ruining the city...
It'd Hurt Hinkle's reputation among the other mayors...Which is one reason my city doesn't have a brewery. We just import, though i'm thinking of trying to make a vinyard should i have the space.
Are my dark ages over yet?
God, finally.

#34 iamded

iamded

• Cannot neigh to save his life.

Member: 1225

Posted 19 January 2008 - 11:04 AM

View Postmaiq the liar, on Jan 19 2008, 03:53 AM, said:

Hinkle
:-D :-D :-D
<Ahem>
I'm still really looking forward to seeing where this goes! I can't wait to see you first renovation! *sweet*
~Peace

Check out Eurobricks' RPG, Mafia and Wargames forum for the fun times!

#35 Hinckley

Hinckley

• Reay for 2017!

Posted 19 January 2008 - 06:47 PM

View Postiamded, on Jan 19 2008, 05:04 AM, said:

:-D :-D :-D
<Ahem>
I'm still really looking forward to seeing where this goes! I can't wait to see you first renovation! *sweet*
~Peace
It's getting close. I'm glad I started this topic because it's helping me stay on task. Now I just wonder if I should post all of the new MOCs here or start separate threads for them. I bet if I update the first post with new pics, that should keep the topic current...

#36 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Member: 174

Posted 19 January 2008 - 06:55 PM

WOW!  That's a city.  These buildings would make a great Lego magazine cover.  I'm impressed!

#37 Scouty

Scouty

• 6 weeks late to the party!

Member: 863

Posted 19 January 2008 - 07:02 PM

View PostSinner, on Jan 18 2008, 07:38 AM, said:

What I thought he meant was that he was going to up-end the table and "tip" it onto the floor!  8-° It was only later that I realised it was an acronym.  :-$

*wacko* :-P

View PostHinckley, on Jan 6 2008, 03:08 AM, said:

All right. So I'm finally taking a huge step in one of my main LEGO goals: to have a nice solid city layout instead of a bunch of buildings surrounded by Star Wars ships and random Train, Exo-Force and Castle sets.

Looks good so far *sweet* ! I like the buildings you've created, nicely detailed!!!
.Posted Image
"Mr. Nowhere" John Doe >:] | Bruno Bear, the watchmaker | Sassy Cooter | Scar Mimitsus >:] |
First Officer Commander Cameron Walters :3 | Casey Cat, Puuurfect painter | Sveinn, the Uninspired :3 | Scouty | L'il Scouty | Langston Lionheart >:]

#38 alex54

alex54

• CC reducer, city expander

Member: 560

Posted 19 January 2008 - 10:30 PM

View PostHinckley, on Jan 19 2008, 07:47 PM, said:

It's getting close. I'm glad I started this topic because it's helping me stay on task. Now I just wonder if I should post all of the new MOCs here or start separate threads for them. I bet if I update the first post with new pics, that should keep the topic current...
I understand what you feel!
I'm in a similar way. Because I have finished some buildings from the outside, but don't have made the furnitures. But I would like to post some pics from the finished version. So it's some unfinished buildings pics, but regularely, or a lot of pics from the finished versions in a same time *wacko* .
Ansd the topic question is very good too. I don't know what is the best...

Posted Image                        Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#39 PGoogs

PGoogs

Member: 2089

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:49 AM

Hello all,
I'm just getting started building a town layout.  I came out of my dark ages after I saw alot of people building 6 wide fire trucks.  I still have my fire departments but now want to start a town layout.  Any and all suggestions are welcome.  A few guys mentioned things that weren't around before their dark ages.  My last set bought as a kid was from 1979.  I came out of the dark ages in 2004.  (I'll save you guys figuring it out, I'm 43).

Paul
Paul G.
KD8DEL
Hubrick FD and Googstown VFD (My Lego Fire Departments) Web site: http://www.pgoogs.youngstownfire2.com/
My Town and FD pic gallery: http://pgoogs.youngs...llery/index.php?
My Brickshelf: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?m=pgoogs

#40 Sinner

Sinner

• Mike's Magical Elf

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:02 AM

View PostPGoogs, on Jan 21 2008, 10:49 AM, said:

Hello all,
I'm just getting started building a town layout.  I came out of my dark ages after I saw alot of people building 6 wide fire trucks.  I still have my fire departments but now want to start a town layout.  Any and all suggestions are welcome.  A few guys mentioned things that weren't around before their dark ages.  My last set bought as a kid was from 1979.  I came out of the dark ages in 2004.  (I'll save you guys figuring it out, I'm 43).

Paul
Welcome welcome welcome... but you really should post this here... 8-|

#41 Hinckley

Hinckley

• Reay for 2017!

Posted 04 February 2008 - 02:21 AM

I require too much attention to leave my MOC in this thread so I'm starting a new one so more people will see it.

Here's an updated pic of my layout:

Posted Image

#42 Scouty

Scouty

• 6 weeks late to the party!

Member: 863

Posted 04 February 2008 - 08:43 AM

Impressive, Fantastic, Wonderful 8-° .

Can't wait to see more *y* !
.Posted Image
"Mr. Nowhere" John Doe >:] | Bruno Bear, the watchmaker | Sassy Cooter | Scar Mimitsus >:] |
First Officer Commander Cameron Walters :3 | Casey Cat, Puuurfect painter | Sveinn, the Uninspired :3 | Scouty | L'il Scouty | Langston Lionheart >:]

#43 Asuka

Asuka

• Pictural Poet

Member: 816

Posted 04 February 2008 - 01:05 PM

Wow, looks really like the start of a wonderful homogeneous but still very colorful town....  :'-)

#44 Stauder

Stauder

• Beware, he's back!

Member: 1134

Posted 04 February 2008 - 01:18 PM

Absolutley marvelous Hinckley! The people and vehicles there add a nice touch, but what's that monkey doing there?  :-P

Stauder
Posted Image
The above is a paid advertisement by EuroBricks News FLC (Fake LEGO Company). Eurobricks News FLC is 45% Stauder™ (The Annoying Parts), 25% ImperialShadows™ (The Funny Parts), 10% Whitefang™ (The Reviewsy Parts), 7% Zepher™ (The Female Parts... er...) and 7% Stash2Sixx™ (The Photographic Parts).

The previously stated ingredients of EuroBricks News FLC are a trade secret and if you tell anyone I will stab you. In the eye. With a titanium spork.
EuroBricks News FLC is a Trademark of the EB News Team. © EB News 2006 -THE FUTURE!™

#45 Hinckley

Hinckley

• Reay for 2017!

Posted 04 February 2008 - 03:07 PM

View PostStauder, on Feb 4 2008, 07:18 AM, said:

Absolutley marvelous Hinckley! The people and vehicles there add a nice touch, but what's that monkey doing there?  :-P
Stauder
Why do you have to discriminate against Fabuland figures? :-/

#46 Shadows

Shadows

• Free Online Spell Checker

Member: 1558

Posted 04 February 2008 - 03:35 PM

View PostHinckley, on Feb 4 2008, 09:07 AM, said:

That's ok, if you scroll back far enough, I "came out" in this thread and now Asuka is making a "homogeneous" crack.

Discrimination. It's all around us brother, it's all around us. They just start with the poor defenseless monkey. :'-(

;-)

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#47 Stauder

Stauder

• Beware, he's back!

Member: 1134

Posted 04 February 2008 - 04:13 PM

View PostHinckley, on Feb 4 2008, 04:07 PM, said:

My bad, Forgot the No. 1 Rule Of A Lego Town - If It Is Lego Tee Shalth Letteh Beeeeth, If Noteth, Thee Shall Poketh It Witheth A Sticketh And Incineratheth It.

;-)

@ IS - Are you saying we no longer love Hinklet?  8-°  :-/  :-(  :-$  :-)  :-P  X-D Of Course we all still love you Hinkley!

Stauder

Edited by Stauder, 04 February 2008 - 04:14 PM.

Posted Image
The above is a paid advertisement by EuroBricks News FLC (Fake LEGO Company). Eurobricks News FLC is 45% Stauder™ (The Annoying Parts), 25% ImperialShadows™ (The Funny Parts), 10% Whitefang™ (The Reviewsy Parts), 7% Zepher™ (The Female Parts... er...) and 7% Stash2Sixx™ (The Photographic Parts).

The previously stated ingredients of EuroBricks News FLC are a trade secret and if you tell anyone I will stab you. In the eye. With a titanium spork.
EuroBricks News FLC is a Trademark of the EB News Team. © EB News 2006 -THE FUTURE!™

#48 alex54

alex54

• CC reducer, city expander

Member: 560

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:52 PM

So, for your attention, after posting in your Green Door Tavern topic, I add a reply here!
The more I look at your "piece of street", the more I find that CC looks "strange" compared to your two Modular Mocs (MM). I mean, there is a very big difference of architecture between CC and MM. And the contrast  seems more importante looking at your MM style.
I mean, in new towns like Chicago, there are not so many different building styles. It's not like in Europe, where the melting pot of architecture is more visible, because of its history. I don't know if you will understand... CC looks like an anachronism if you want an US looking layout. But it's not a problem if you just want to mixe all the architecture.
Now, you know my point of view!

Posted Image                        Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#49 Hinckley

Hinckley

• Reay for 2017!

Posted 02 September 2008 - 05:18 PM

I know it's been 7 months since you wrote this Alex, but I think you're wrong about Chicago. It's not so new that it doesn't have an eclectic mix of buildings in its downtown and its neighborhoods. There's enough of a history to create a similar juxtaposition of building styles just like you would find in Europe. However, after finally visiting Scandinavia (my first time out of the country) I do see the point that the styles used for buildings on the same block differ more than they do here in Chicago, which is why Bazooville will now be as mixed up and melting pot of styles as possible :grin: ! I'm going to base it on Chicago, Oslo, Copenhagen and Stockholm-that list, of course, bookended by the two most beautiful cities in the world. :wub:

I'm taking this building down (or breaking it, as Sinner would say):
Posted Image

...and building a new modular building based on one I saw in Copenhagen. Here is the basic color scheme I want to work with...
Posted Image

It's easy for me to take this building down because I half-assed the building of it in the first place. Although I like the bay windows, I don't think their construction is as seamless as it could be. My intention in building this was to make a dark orange building with bay windows and get it done quickly and a couple years later that's exactly what it looks like to me. I was happy with it at the time because I just wanted the street to look good by being populated. Nowadays, I'm more focused on the detail of the overall building. I tend to use pictures of a real life buildings as inspiration, whereas when I built the dark orange building, I just made pieces fit together in cool ways and satisfying orientation of bricks.

In a fit of non-Fabuland building, I started two other normal system-scale Town projects as well: a new modular cinema-a project Alex54 and I started to twin our towns by recreating the Town Plan cinema in our own style of building & a modular follow-up to my brewery. Who knows when we'll be seeing all of this done, but an update is finally on it's way to Bazooville. :blush:

#50 Thomas B.

Thomas B.

• Restraining Order

Member: 3818

Posted 18 October 2008 - 02:46 AM

This is the greatest town I have ever seen in my life. I am amazed my good friend!

My site... http://brickbrain.net/test2/index.php

Hinckley took a restraining order out on me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users