kurigan

A Schooner from Know Your Pieces: a Flickr Find

This lovely feat of Lego ship design and engineering comes to us from Know Your Pieces on Flickr. It was posted by Ejred with respect to the superb curving profile of the hull. She certainly is a remarkable model, wonderfully proportioned, highly detailed and all around well executed. Take her in, talk her up, and leave your comments and support and just enjoy.

27163694356_766654474d_b.jpg

More images including WIP shots on Know Your Pieces' Photo Stream:

https://www.flickr.c...knowyourpieces/

Is... Is this even Lego? default_huh.gif

I love it. wub_drool.gif Everything about this ship is drop-dead gorgeous! Every detail is on-point. This looks like a model ship, not a Lego model. At first I couldn't even tell the scale, but now that I notice the minifigures, I must also say that it's huge in addition to gorgeous! just 100/100 7/6 this is magnificent. Easily one of the best Lego Ships I've ever seen, and I've seen quite a few. Everyone involved in this deserves a pat on the back.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

This is really well executed, and works well for this type of ship. My only nitpick is that the waterline isn't really straight.

I do wonder how strong it is and how much tension there is on the bricks.

I also wonder how one would apply this technique to a ship of the line that ofcourse has quie a different shape.

Hopefully the builder joins us to elaborate about this masterpiece!

I do wonder how strong it is and how much tension there is on the bricks.

I also wonder how one would apply this technique to a ship of the line that ofcourse has quie a different shape.

Yes, it is an amazing ship, got to give props

But, strictly for myself, I'm probably still not ready to jump on the "bend the bricks" bandwagon yet. I too wonder how strong it is--people seem to say this is not a problem

And, as you allude, it is a pretty narrow hull form (maybe 150 long and 25 wide??). He does have a little rounding on the back, so if you extended that idea to both front and back, then maybe you could get it more like a pirate hull profile. Gunports might be another issue

Hi Guys,

I'm the creator of this ship. Thank you for letting me know about this post! This is my first post on eurobricks! Please let me know how I can help.

Yes, could you help me find the pieces of my mind? It got blown when I saw your ship!

Hi Guys,

I'm the creator of this ship. Thank you for letting me know about this post! This is my first post on eurobricks! Please let me know how I can help.

Welcome aboard, and thanks for stopping by! It would be great if you could offer some insight to the construction method you used here and how you came about utilizing this technique.

Welcome aboard, and thanks for stopping by! It would be great if you could offer some insight to the construction method you used here and how you came about utilizing this technique.

Sure thing. I will prepare a post!

Whaat oh2.gif

As others has said, is this made of Lego? Totally awesome model. By a quick first look, one can´t say that ship is made out of Lego.

Great jobthumbup.gif

Stunning result and obviously some clever technique and a lot of time on your part. I too look forward to reading about your construction methods pirate_satisfied.gif

The awsome sails made me think it nedds a bottle to be inside. Try to do it so and then send to any LEGO exhibition or LEGO ideas as a souvenir. What do you think about it?