Hi!

I was very impressed by new 42054 set so I’ve decided to motorize it. The chassis was completely replaced but the body is the same like in the official set.

IMG_9637.JPG

There are four motorized functions in my model: AWD, front and rear steering and cab rotation. Also I’ve added electric PTO for outer RC attachments. I plan to create new rig in the near future. Let’s see my MOD in action:

A few photos:

IMG_9638.JPG

IMG_9616.JPG

IMG_9619.JPG

New transmission:

IMG_9621.JPG

BB switch as in original set:

IMG_9623.JPG

Electric PTO:

IMG_9622.JPG

Thanks for watching! I hope you like it :)

Edited by desert752

This is a really cool MOD, you made an excellent work by putting all those functions and still keeping the original body, it looks great.

"Instructions are required." :p

BTW, it's so elegant and cool. A perfect add-on a cool model.

Now it's a fully functional tractor, congratulations.

That's a very nice MOD - looks like Ultimate 42054 to me. Will there be instructions?

Edited by zux

Thanks for comments! I'm not sure about instructions but I'll think about it :) After all all I need to construct - chassis with junction points - it shouldn't be too complex.

Steering is done with two servos, right?

Exactly :)

Great work!!

Finishing my review (a bit late, I know) and I concur, it's a great set. And your motorization makes it even better.

I would love to build this version with an SBrick.

Great work!!

Finishing my review (a bit late, I know) and I concur, it's a great set. And your motorization makes it even better.

I would love to build this version with an SBrick.

Thanks! Yes S-brick will make this model better because it can be hidden inside the body.

Desert, very good work, but where is the pto drivetrain?

I think the PTO is electric and is the PF switch.

Desert, very good work, but where is the pto drivetrain?

Thanks! I've decided to exclude it. All the functions of final model have remote control. Adding PTO will require one more receiver and add only one external RC function. In the same time in my version we can add two external receivers to get at least four RC functions.

Edited by desert752

Thanks! I've decided to exclude it. All the functions of final model have remote control. Adding PTO will require one more receiver and add only one external RC function. In the same time in my version we can add two external receivers to get at least four RC functions.

Maybe you could use the solution used in the 8043 excavator, one motor to switch the functions of three others

Look on tue 3rd picture, right next to the rear wheel...there are 2 smiling at you

JB

Look on the 3rd picture, right next to the rear wheel...there are 2 IR receiver smiling at you

JB

Bump...hi there, new post from a new member, just trying to find my way. 

@JBTechnic, I am getting into the Legoscene again and bought my first new set, which happens to be this 42054. I do have older Lego, but no motorised stuff. What additional sets would you recommend for  motorising this model, for instance the 8293 component set etc? Forgive me if I am asking obvious questions, but when you are new, there are a lot of new motorising units i.e. Servo motors, XL and medium motors. Then the receivers etc. I’m getting old :wink: thank you! Other members also please reply if you can help me ofcourse. Thanks so much in advance.