EB News Presents: imperialshadows!

12 replies to this topic

#1 Shadows

Shadows

• Awesome, brilliant, not redundant.

Member: 1558

Posted 31 December 2007 - 10:40 AM

Welcome to the big EB News Presents New Years Special! Tonight we have what might be the most exciting, or at least the most confusing episode ever! Joining us this evening is my very special guest, imperialshadows. Filling in for Staudie as reporter this week will be imperialshadows! Of course, I'm your host, imperialshadows! Watch those colours folks, it's gonna be a bumpy ride ahead... *wacko*

In case you weren't watching last week (shame on you!), our special guest was Hinckley, who, at the request of our usual reporter, Stauder, provided us with some special entertainment in the form of pranks.

First, he swirlied my stunt double: X-O
Posted Image

Then he put Staudie through the chipper/shredder. The real Staudie. We couldn't afford a stunt double or cardboard cutout to use instead. :-D
Posted Image

So, as Staudie is recovering from his slight mishap, I'm left to do all the work around here (like that's anything new). As a result, it's me, interviewing me, and heckling myself.  8-°

imperialshadows: Now with 300% more personalities!™

Since I am doing all the talking here, we'd better get started before I get tired of answering my stupid questions and end up saying something mean to myself. Or something like that.

Q. Why the name imperialshadows?
A. Imperial for both the Imperials from Pirates and Star Wars. Shadows denotes mystery, the unknown. imperialshadows is a mystery, with unknown alliances, an uncertain background, and unclear motives. A spy? An assassin? Just an old pirate with a dark past? A Jedi fleeing Order 66? Who knows...
The Shadow knows.
Oh yeah, that was part of it too, he might be a 40s style detective (please please please LEGO, make Indy's fedora in bley, black, and every other colour imaginable!!!) or superhero.
Uh huh, right. :-|

Q. How did you choose your sigfig?
A. Seemed a natural extension of the name. Half pirate, half Jedi. Easy to build for anyone but Staudie. Just as comfortable in any kind of wretched hive of scum and villany from Port Royal to Mos Eisley.
Like here.

Q. Where are you from, how old are you, all that kind of stuff.
A. I was born in 1817 in a small town south of London. Just after my 19th birthday I took a trip to the Carpatian Mountains. The trip bit, and so did she. Since then, I've barely aged a day. Looking at me, you wouldn't put me much over 30. I've currently settled down in a dark castle in the southeast US where I spend my days avoiding sunlight and hording LEGO.
Anyone ever told you that you're crazy? *wacko*
Anyone ever told you to shut your face?
Yes, why?
No reason.

Q. First LEGO set ever? Last pre-dark ages set(s)?
A. First: 6901 Mobile Lab
Posted Image
Pre-dark: Pirates. The full 1989 line. By that time, my interest was fleeting. I'd technically stopped a couple of years earlier, except for a bit of trains, but Pirates were just too good to pass up and fit in with my interests at the time (maritime archaeology and the Spanish Colonial Era). If they'd come out 2 years earlier, I think I might have avoided my dark ages completely, but it wasn't meant to be. I still have all the remaining vestiges of my early LEGO addiction, so when I returned, breaking them out was like being reunited with a bit of my lost youth.

You're old. *points and laughs*
If you'd like to be old one day, you'll just shut up.
I'll never be as old as you. *skull*
I'll make sure of that. Ever considered becoming a reporter?
Sure, I'd be a great reporter.
Good. You're hired. Next week we'll have Hinckley back on and he can shred you too. |-/
Uh, I quit. :-/

Q. How did you escape your dark ages?
A. Star Wars. Ah, Star Wars. There I was, in a department store, passing by the toy section when I glanced over and saw them. Star Wars LEGO, in all their glory. On sale. ON SALE! Bought one of each, rushed home, layed it all out on my bed, just like in the old days, and built like I was 10 again. I was hooked, there is no escape...

Q. Will you ever return to the dark ages?
A. Not a chance.

Q. How did you find EB?
A. Pretty friendly, though a little crazy.
Uh, no, not HOW do you find EB, how DID you find EB, like how did you get here?
Oh, I use Firefox and just plugged "LEGO forum" into the search box and Google directed me here.
No... Not how did you FIND EB... Well, ok, I do mean how did you find EB, but I don't mean how did you get here, I mean... I don't know what I mean now.
And you wonder why I was confused. I would like to add that I was posting semi-regularly in another LEGO forum and found it to be too restricting. The free trade of information was being crippled by inane rules that simply didn't need to be. I began looking elsewhere. Found another forum and started posting a bit, but they were too ... boring. Stuffy. Blah. Came here and thought things looked pretty good, but I didn't have the time to invest in learning my way around and understanding the different styles of posters here, so I almost gave up on it. I came back later and suddenly it clicked. Since then, I've posted when I can, barring real-life interruptions, and am quite proud to be a member of what I think is the finest LEGO forum on the net.
That's exactly what I meant!
So why didn't you just ask? :-|
He isn't always clear on these things. Well, it's usually Staudie that isn't. Maybe it's catching...
*sigh*

Q. How did you end up doing this crazy interview show?
A. One day I received a pm from Staudie wanting to know if I'd be interested in being interviewed. He explained that he'd sent out a bunch of questions but no one had replied and he needed someone quickly. Well, of course I was honoured to be selected merely on the basis of my availability as a cheap fill-in, so I agreed. Then someone suggested that they'd like to read an interview with him and it hit me. I could do his interview and in the process fix up some of his spelling and grammar. Perfect! WTH was I thinking? My interview never ended up happening as people started sending back their answers and suddenly I was hosting the show, editing the script and making the whole thing presentable. The birth of EB News Presents.
Sucker!
Shut up, you! >:-(

Q, Your favourite 3 sets?
A. I'll number them 1-3, but they aren't necessarily in that order. It's just too hard to rank that.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

1. 7150 - TIE/Y-Wing. Not so much because it's a great set, but it was the first minifig *vader* and he's easily the most menacingly cute minifig ever *wub* . It was a great way to return to LEGO. I got 7110 - Landspeeder at the same time and one of the first things I did was recreate the Darth Vader / Obi-Wan duel on the Death Star. I'd done the same fight all those years earlier, but using Classic Space and Town people.
2. 6276 - Eldorado Fortress. One of the last sets I built before my dark ages the one I most wanted to rebuild when I returned.
3. 6970 - Beta-1 Command Base. One of the earliest sets I can remember building and rebuilding over and over in every possible configuration.

Q. Keeping with tradition, if you could design any set, what would it be?
A. It would have been Whack-a-Staudie, but Hinckley took good care of that last week, so I'll go with the triumphant return of Pirates in the form of a huge port with a mid-sized merchant ship, a small band of attacking pirates and some Imperials defending from their fortifications. I've seen some MOCs that almost qualify. Imagine a mix of 6276, 6277, and a side of minifigs and accessories to bulk it up some.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Q. Taking it a step further. Any theme you'd like LEGO to introduce?
A. Aside from the return of Pirates and some proper form of Classic Space, I don't know. To be honest, most of what I want falls under sub-themes. I'd love a Zorro sub-theme to Pirates (yes, it fits, don't make me argue this one with you) which could both expand the Spanish influence on Pirates and give us a partial return of Wild West, and some new forestmen in Castle in some form of Robin Hood faction. Both Zorro and Robin Hood are in the public domain as far as I know, so it wouldn't involve any costly licensing and could provide a lot of great old/new parts.

Q. Bley/grey/brown/rewn/frown/yellow/fleshie/blahblahblah?
A. Doesn't bother me nearly as much as it does most. I actually think bley looks better, though I'll admit that it does make my old parts look dirty and occasionally complicates issues that I'd rather not have to deal with. I am, however, very strongly a yellow minifig supporter and wish they would return. Star Wars has forced me to tolerate the fleshies enough to mix them into displays together. The LEGO world is big enough for all of it and one day I'll be old and senile enough to not be able to tell them apart anyway.
Aren't you getting there now?
Grrr...

Q. Favourite EB moment?
A. Not counting last weeks 'accidental' Staudie shredding?
That's mine too! *wub*

Q. Favourite Hinckley moment?
A. Not counting last weeks 'accidental' Staudie shredding?
That's mine too! *wub*
Ok ok, I'll admit, ice cube trays, Love Boat insanity, various whackings and other brilliant high-brow bits of amusement come to mind as well. I actually was a bit of a Hinckley stalker before I even knew he was here, in the form of Fabuland Housewives.
Kiss up!
Kiss up, where?
Kiss up here! *points*
Stop it! We're trying to do a show here!
Trying is about right ...
Don't you start on me!

Q. Is Staudie annoying?
A. Not today, he isn't.
Oh, I'm sure he's annoying the whole hospital.
Who cares, he isn't annoying me.
Good point.

Q. Who should we interview next?
A. I'll discuss that with you privately, we don't want to give anything away.
Good plan.

So there you have it folks, a whole lot of me, myself, and I. Disgusting, isn't it?
I thought it was fairly good.
So did I.
Who asked you?
I did. He agrees with me.
Who asked either of you?
Look, I've had just about enough of your attitude here.
My attitude, what about your attitude?

*phone rings*

Saved by the bell. *picks up the phone*
Uh huh. I see. Oh. Really?

Who is it?
The doctor.
Which doctor?
No, he's just a normal one.
I didn't say witch doctor.
That's what it sounded like.
Stop that! What doctor is calling?
Staudie's doctor.
Oh, forgot about him.
Why would you be trying to remember the doctor?
No, I mean Staudie.
Right. Easy enough to do.
Be nice, he's shredded and stuff.
Yeah, I forgot.
See? It's easy to do.
*phone chattering*
Huh? Oh, yeah, I'm here, sorry doc, I was just talking to my guest.
*phone chattering*
I know it all sounded like me. Did you call for some reason?
*phone chattering*
Really? That soon... Are you sure you can't keep him a little longer?
*phone chattering*
Well, if you're absolutely positive, I guess I'll send someone down to pick him up next week then.
*phone chattering*
Yeah, great news, thanks. *hangs up*

*sighs* Well, everyone will be just thrilled to hear that Staudie is doing a lot better and will be back in time for next weeks show, hooray. *yawns* :-|
Oh, yes. That is good news. Yes. Good news. Well, I have to go now. :-/
Me too.
You never go anywhere.
I need to go get a drink.
Sounds like a good idea, let's go. We'll take my limo.
Isn't your limo in the shop after the ambulance hit it?
Right. We'll take Staudie's tank! Maybe we'll stop by the hospital and see what kind of aim this cannon has. He's on the 3rd floor, right? >:-)
Let's go!
*everyone leaves and the signal fades*

Later that evening, in a surprisingly kind gesture, imperialshadows visits the somewhat reassembled Staudie in his hospital room. :-)

What, you thought we were going to go blow it up in the tank? Well, so did we, but we ended up at the wrong building and our lawyers are advising us not to discuss the whole thing, so enough about that.

Now stop interrupting. >:-(

Posted Image

From all of us at EB News Presents, to all of you in the audience ...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Edited by imperialshadows, 31 December 2007 - 10:45 AM.

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#2 PSPguy

PSPguy

• Didd Captin Crunch

Member: 1102

Posted 31 December 2007 - 10:51 AM

I knew this was going to be confusing. *wacko*

#3 Brickmaster

Brickmaster

• Repentent Purple Pie

Member: 172

Posted 31 December 2007 - 10:56 AM

:-D  Always an entertaining and interesting read, I really appreciate all the time and effort you guyses put into these, always great to go over  *wub*

Although abit on the twist, as the interviewer gets interviewed  :-D

Good fun. Thanks guys.  *y*
Posted Image

I dare you to find someone with an earlier joining date! Jipay! -SIEG

#4 CopMike

CopMike

• All your baseplate are belong to us

Member: 148

Posted 31 December 2007 - 01:00 PM

Funny, educational & no Stauder around - excellent X-D!  Well done imperialshadows *y*!
Any chance of briebing the doctor to keep Stauder for a month or seven?

Interview On

copmike

Posted Image

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#5 iamded

iamded

• Cannot neigh to save his life.

Member: 1225

Posted 31 December 2007 - 01:29 PM

Another excellent, adn this time wonderfully confusing interview! :-D :-D Great job, and a happy 2008 to you too!
Schizophrenia ON! :-D 8-|
~Peace

Check out Eurobricks' RPG, Mafia and Wargames forum for the best fun.

#6 Stauder

Stauder

• Beware, he's back!

Member: 1134

Posted 31 December 2007 - 03:18 PM

I'd mention that I asked most questions anyway But I'll let Shadow's have his moment of glory... After this moment of humiliation :-P
Posted Image

Great interview tough. Glad you used the pic.

Happy New Year!

Stauder  X-D
Posted Image
The above is a paid advertisement by EuroBricks News FLC (Fake LEGO Company). Eurobricks News FLC is 45% Stauder™ (The Annoying Parts), 25% ImperialShadows™ (The Funny Parts), 10% Whitefang™ (The Reviewsy Parts), 7% Zepher™ (The Female Parts... er...) and 7% Stash2Sixx™ (The Photographic Parts).

The previously stated ingredients of EuroBricks News FLC are a trade secret and if you tell anyone I will stab you. In the eye. With a titanium spork.
EuroBricks News FLC is a Trademark of the EB News Team. © EB News 2006 -THE FUTURE!™

#7 Shadows

Shadows

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:28 PM

View PostStauder, on Dec 31 2007, 10:18 AM, said:

I'd mention that I asked most questions anyway But I'll let Shadow's have his moment of glory... After this moment of humiliation :-P
<picture removed for the sake of decency>

Great interview tough. Glad you used the pic.

Happy New Year!

Stauder  X-D
Wow, that stunt double was wearing a kilt before he got ... killt. *wacko*

Ok, ok, so I used half standard Staudie questions and made up the rest myself. I'll admit it. Still made a good interview, and you noticed I had the tank parked outside when I visited, it all tied together nicely with your pic. *y*

Here's to another year of exciting interviews! (another year makes it sound like we've already done a years worth, it's an old advertising trick). ;-)

#8 Stauder

Stauder

• Beware, he's back!

Member: 1134

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:40 PM

It's a different tank. THe one that is parked has a AA Gun and External fuel Tank, the one that killt you has a double barrel  :-P  You correct grammar I correct you.

Stauder
Posted Image
The above is a paid advertisement by EuroBricks News FLC (Fake LEGO Company). Eurobricks News FLC is 45% Stauder™ (The Annoying Parts), 25% ImperialShadows™ (The Funny Parts), 10% Whitefang™ (The Reviewsy Parts), 7% Zepher™ (The Female Parts... er...) and 7% Stash2Sixx™ (The Photographic Parts).

The previously stated ingredients of EuroBricks News FLC are a trade secret and if you tell anyone I will stab you. In the eye. With a titanium spork.
EuroBricks News FLC is a Trademark of the EB News Team. © EB News 2006 -THE FUTURE!™

#9 Hinckley

Hinckley

• Flying Hippo that Shoots Lasers out of its butt

Member: 486

Posted 31 December 2007 - 05:12 PM

Confusing? No. It was the clearest interview to date... X-D

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Now playing Simon Persimmons in Walter Kovacs's Unrest in the Forest

#10 Sinner

Sinner

• Mike's Magical Elf

Member: 1554

Posted 31 December 2007 - 05:39 PM

Great interview! I feel like I know you even less now!  X-D

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!

#11 Corvus

Corvus

• ¡ʎpuɐɯ ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ

Member: 1483

Posted 31 December 2007 - 07:12 PM

Impie only? *Braces for impact*
Well, it could have been worse. :-P It was good. The three-way was brilliant! :-D

Will
True happiness: looking inside the box to see a perfectly flat instruction manual.

Posted Image

#12 Sir Dillon

Sir Dillon

• Longs for the days of Wooden Ducks

Member: 435

Posted 31 December 2007 - 07:25 PM

Haha. I liked how you talked back and forth to yourself, which to me made it more interesting than just a string of questions and answers... although I suppose the main reason that was doable is because it was all you. :-D

Great job, and happy New Year.
"I'm sorry, I don't have the time to build anything that doesn't directly promote me."

#13 Shadows

Shadows

Posted 01 January 2008 - 02:27 AM

View PostStauder, on Dec 31 2007, 11:40 AM, said:

It's a different tank. THe one that is parked has a AA Gun and External fuel Tank, the one that killt you has a double barrel  :-P  You correct grammar I correct you.

Stauder
Except your correction is incorrect. All I said was that the tank sitting outside the hospital is the one we used in place of my limo. The one you ran over my kilted double with doesn't matter. :-P

View PostHinckley, on Dec 31 2007, 12:12 PM, said:

Confusing? No. It was the clearest interview to date... X-D
That's what I thought too! *sweet*
So did I!
Me too!

View PostSinner, on Dec 31 2007, 12:39 PM, said:

Great interview! I feel like I know you even less now!  X-D
Exactly what I worked so hard to achieve! ;-)

View PostSir Dillon, on Dec 31 2007, 02:25 PM, said:

Haha. I liked how you talked back and forth to yourself, which to me made it more interesting than just a string of questions and answers... although I suppose the main reason that was doable is because it was all you. :-D

Great job, and happy New Year.
Thanks! You know, it really was the easiest one so far. It gave me the opportunity to make it more like a talk show with real interraction. I hope to find a way to make the normal interviews more like that in the future.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users