Sign in to follow this  
Alexbercas

[MOC] Rebel U-Wing Troop Carrier

After doing a version of the A-Wing fighter and Y-Wing fighter I have dared to versioning famous called transport U-Wing that we will see in the film Rogue One Christmas.

vZGakqJ.jpg?2

NtrXnJn.jpg?1

YXydv1m.jpg?2

gHF3jw0.jpg?2

f5TtEDA.jpg?3

The cockpit along with the upper part of the ship can be removed from the set unless it suffers loss or dismemberment of parts.

qfMWjZs.jpg?2

I have taken as a basis the transport of the first order (Lego 75103) to host rebel troops in the interior of the transport. This can operate also as a station of command of long range thanks to the antenna outside. It can hold up to 10 rebel foot soldiers and two officerssitting (in the image there are 8 foot soldiers and two officers).

]VBeEWG1.jpg?2

Unlike the real ship, it has front ramp and lacks side doors. The opening is manual.

ixtNYt7.jpg?2

Needless to say that the color of the ship is based on the X-Wing of Poe, since I lacksufficient white, grey and blue parts to have it manufactured in these colors.

HsgoHAV.jpg?2

I hope and wish that you liked my version of the U-Wing. My son is like crazy for having one transport of troops larger than the own transport of the resistance (Lego 75140) and of course I am also happy to be able to play and add another different transport and overtake me next Christmas since the model will draw on sale does notconvince me much seeing the few images that circulate in the network. Thank you.

Edited by Alexbercas

interesting take on on the U-wing. I didn't expect the black/orange. Looks cool and full of play potential.

Nice work, this is really hyping me up on Lego's take on the model ( and hopefully we'll be able to position mini figs standing up in the cargo area ).

Also, did you calculated the lenght of the ship based on the leaked sets? I estimated both yours and the leaked model, and despite yours being pretty long, I think the retail version is even a couple more stugs longer.

Nice take on the color scheme too!

Edited by RetroInferno

The official model and the film model makes my eyes bleed. I dont like it.

Your version however looks great. I love the changes you did to the shape and the color scheme. Bravo Alex!

Thanks to all of you.

RetroInferno the truth is that I have not calculated the exact distance in length that has the original toy, since I innovated on the fly both long and high.