Sign in to follow this  
SirNadroj

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street Diorama/Vignette

indexed.gif

Howdy folks!

Let me start out by saying, this is my first MOC in about 2 weeks, which is strange for me because I usually dish these things out faster than meat pies. Also, the pictures were taken with my new camera, so the photo quality has improved greatly, which you'll see.

Ok, so I saw Tim Burton's: Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street a few days ago. Some parts were implied, like the bodies being cut up into pieces, but it had it's fair share of blood and throat-cutting action. I couldn't help but laugh at some parts, though it is supposed to be horror/musical. I really liked it, so here is a doirama/vignette I made. (Yes, I painted the hair: I think the paint is washable, though.)

So, on the top, you can see the barber shop, which is over Mrs. Lovett's Meat Pie Shop (which I will eventually build), and the basement with the meat grinder. Todd has just killed another victim and has sent him down the chute in the barber's chair he modified to swing backwards, so the bodies can go through the trap door. On the bottom is the basement, and blood-soaked cobble-stone floor. There is a small pile of bodies. Also know that the wall is just supposed to be a 'corss-section' so to speak. It's not broken, or anything like that; I just built it that way to be artistic.

Overview:

overview.jpg

Basement:

Basement.jpg

Blood in-between the cobblestones:

cobblestone.jpg

Sweeney Todd:

todd.jpg

The Chair and Trap Door:

Trapdoor.jpg

Victim down the Chute:

Victim.jpg

Gotta go eat some meat pies ;). feedback is appreciated as always! Thanks guys! :)

Finally, something new from you! I like all of the details in this. There's the blood, the wall, etc...

I could easily tell you got a new camera as well, the pic quality has improved much!

Good job!

BTW: What is a meat pie? It sounds disgusting :-X

Finally, something new from you! I like all of the details in this. There's the blood, the wall, etc...

I could easily tell you got a new camera as well, the pic quality has improved much!

Good job!

BTW: What is a meat pie? It sounds disgusting :-X

Thanks!

A meat pie is a pie with meat. :-P In the movie, Mrs. Lovett, Todd's 'friend' chops up the victims' bodies and makes her famous pies with them. :-X Good thing I don't like them anyway, 'cause I'll never touch em' after that! :-X

Hey Lordan howd you get the top part to stick to the bottom? Nice MOC!! I really want to see this movie. Also why are you sending yourself down the chute? *wacko*

Thanks!

A meat pie is a pie with meat. :-P In the movie, Mrs. Lovett, Todd's 'friend' chops up the victims' bodies and makes her famous pies with them. :-X Good thing I don't like them anyway, 'cause I'll never touch em' after that! :-X

Eww.....:-X It's a good thing you don't like them, or else I would be really concerned. 8-|

ahhh Nadroj my friend, you beat me to it! Nice vignette, but I have one suggestion. If you want to make it without custom parts, I would use Two-Face's hair for Sweeney. It may have a bit too much white on it, but it should look alright. anyhoo, I love your meat grinder and tipping chair. (are the gears functional, or do you just use a clip/bar combo?)

U_T

Thats a really great MOC. I am so awaiting to watch this movie, but in Germany it will come out at the end of february, so I still have to wait :'-(

Greetings, Aredhel

You laughed?! I had to cover my eyes... *sad* (Note that this movie is rated R and I highly suggest children shouldn't tag along). Anyway, I like the details. It really captures the slaughtering. Oh, you also included the window! Wow, I'm impressed. Perhaps an oven and Mrs. Lovette(?) too?

Great diorama! A delightfully horrifying scene you've portrayed, the brick wall technique never gets old. Great job with the meat grinder too, and the bloody cobblestones. Wonderful SNOT work too! *y* *y*

~Peace

Great Vingette. The movie was great. I saw it on opening day and I went and picked up the soundtrack immediatly after leaving the theatre. *sweet*

Thanks!

Actualy, before they use humans in the pies, Mrs. Lovett even sings that they are "The worst pies in London." A complete coincidience, but when I strolled into a Barnes & Noble the next day and when at the magazine rack, I saw a cooking magazine that the headline was "Make the most delicious meat pies!" I burst out laughing, of course. X-D

I think you should do the scene with "Pirelli's Miracle Elixer."

"There's a hole in the world

like a great black pit

and the vermin of the world

inhabit it

It's morals aren't worth

what a pig could spit

and it goes by the name of London!

At the top of the hole

sit the privelaged few

making mock of the vermin

in the lower zoo

Turning beauty into filth and greed

I too

have saild the world and seen it's wonders,

for the cruelty of men

is as wonderous as Peru

But there's no place like London!"

Edited by Norrington

Nice one SN! Lots of cool details & stuff *y*!

I have a barbershop in Stockholm, Sweden that

:-D *y*

I haven't seen the new movie with Depp, but I bet it's not nearly as good as the original... The original was truly hilarious.

This MOC is great! The camera is much better, what kind is it?

Will

Thank you for the kind words everyone! *sweet*

This MOC is great! The camera is much better, what kind is it?

Thanks ~ it's a Canon g9 Powershot.

@Norrington: I've bought the soundtrack too! (I also just came home from Borders with the book on production, etc. It will serve as reference as I plan to make the shop as well as Pirelli's 'Wagon')

X-D

@Norrington: I've bought the soundtrack too! (I also just came home from Borders with the book on production, etc. It will serve as reference as I plan to make the shop as well as Pirelli's 'Wagon')

X-D

Which ST did you get, the regular or the one with the booklet?

Anyway, I love Tim Burton. Even though this isn't original, or animated, it really feels like one of his originals. By the way, don't you love how in the stop-motions he exxagerates everything? As in, if you're tall, you're a giant and if you're pudgy you're a toad, and if your skinny you could stand behind a rail, &tc.?

Nice one SN! Lots of cool details & stuff *y*!

I have a barbershop in Stockholm, Sweden that

Well, Herr Nadroj, I have a Perelli decal in my Victorian Decal thread, and I'm working on Todd, Lovett, Anthony, and Toby.

Norrington: I got the soundtrack w/ booklet. Serves as good reference + it has the lyrics! :-D And those decals look awesome! I'll probably use them when I finish with Mrs. Lovett's Pie Shop. I'm working on it now, it should be down within next week sometime. I'm puttin' a lot of effort and detail into it, and I hope to give it an interior too! X-D

Norrington: I got the soundtrack w/ booklet. Serves as good reference + it has the lyrics! :-D And those decals look awesome! I'll probably use them when I finish with Mrs. Lovett's Pie Shop. I'm working on it now, it should be down within next week sometime. I'm puttin' a lot of effort and detail into it, and I hope to give it an interior too! X-D

I have the same one. Also, The Sweeney decal should be done soon, but his apron with his razor is done, if you'd like to see.

Thank you for the kind words everyone! *sweet*

Thanks ~ it's a Canon g9 Powershot.

Hey, we both got cameras for Christmas! My parents got me an EOS digital rebel XTI. I'm going to try it out as soon as I get my lighting crisis fixed. |-/ One my twenty-year old movie lights died, and I can't find a good replacement. :'-(

Will

Ooh, very neat! I generally enjoy Burton's movies, and am looking forward to this one. (it's on some sort of delayed release in my area, so I can't see it until mid January... :-/ )

First off, it's nice to see you have a new camera. It's impressive how much of a good difference it makes. For this creation, I wonder how it would look photographed on a grey or black piece of paper... it might make it seem more moody, like the movie.

The 'artistic' approach you've used on this is interesting, and I think it works well for this particular creation.

I haven't seen the film yet, but I think you've done a pretty accurate job on the chair and trap door, and the brick wall is cool. You've done a good job on meat grinder, but the way all the flesh is just set on top of it looks odd. I think you should try to create thin wall around it, and even though that may give it a bit of a boxy look, I think it the flesh would look more like it was actually getting ground up.

The transfer of the meat from the grinder to the barrel is a little weak... I'm sure you can use plums or something to make look like it's actually pouring into the bucket.

I don't know how long those bodies have been laying there, but I'd suggest making at least one of them flesh-toned, to make it appear 'more dead'. ;-) Perhaps you could even make Sweeney flesh-toned, because he's so pale in the film?

Anyway, I like this creation a lot, and look to more Sweeney Todd creations from you. :-)

Thanks for the feedback guys! I'm certainly taking your suggestions into consideration, especially now as I'm working on the shop...

Perhaps you could even make Sweeney flesh-toned, because he's so pale in the film?

Funny that you say that! After I photographed it, I switched the Tom Riddle head with the Vader's Apprentice head from the Rogue Shadow, and it looks great! I'm not sure if I'll keep him the only fleshie, or make all my figs fleshies....

Deliciously disgusting, just like those pies!

The meat grinder and the basement's brickwork are my favourite features of this vignette.

So it is my fav too. So what's about this movie? Can anyone tell something about it?