Captain Green Hair

CONTEST: Pimp your IMTP ship!

Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls it is time for....(drum roll).... The long awaited...

banner-800x432.jpg

Important

IMTP stands for Imperial Trading Post.

For this contest you must use the 6 wide bow pieces similar to the ones in the IMTP ship.

2626.gif <== Click for bigger picture

• People who don't own the Imperial Trading Post can (of course) also participate when they own the right hull piece.
  • Here's a list of 31 sets that contain the hull that's required for this contest: Boat Bow Brick 6 x 6 x 1
  • The colour of the hull doesn't matter!

Rules

• You can make it as wide or as high as you like.
  • The ship should be from the years 1400 until 1900.
  • String and sails are allowed, but no other non Lego items.
  • For sails i suggest you use paper, because for the winner, tum tum taaa

Prize

• I will make the sails as seen on my ships.
    (So there's no second or third place, only the best will do.)
  • Winner will be determined by means of poll

Entries

• Entries can be Posted HERE.
  • You have until the 31st of January to build!

Good luck mates, Harrr!

Edited by Mister Phes

Do you have to use the hull from the IMTP ship, or can you make the hull with the 6-wide at the front?

Edited by phred

I've been waiting for this contest to start!

I just started building the winning entry my entry *sweet*

Looks like I'll have to give this one a miss too... *Thinks of my poor little ship in ITP locked up in a box with all my other lego 10 000 km away* :'-(

Matey

I was wondering for the benefit of people who do not own the Imperial Trading post such as Col. Whipstick

Could they use the 7416 Emperors ship?

Since the way its built is nearly the same to the IMTP ship?

Hope you consider it

Matey

I was wondering for the benefit of people who do not own the Imperial Trading post such as Col. Whipstick

Could they use the 7416 Emperors ship?

Since the way its built is nearly the same to the IMTP ship?

Hope you consider it

The hull from the 7416 Emperors ship is idential to the one from the IMTP ship, only the color is different.

So that's allowed !!!

Cap'n Greenhair, maybe you can change the first post a bit to make clear that the color of the hull doesn't matter.

Make it clear that also people who don't own the IMTP but can participate when they own the right hull piece. Maybe that's not clear enough now.

Also you can add this link which contains a list of sets that contain the hull that's needed for this contest:

List of sets containing Boat Bow Brick 6 x 6 x 1

It's a long list of 31 sets, so a lot of members should be able to participate this contest.

The hull from the 7416 Emperors ship is idential to the one from the IMTP ship, only the color is different.

So that's allowed !!!

Cap'n Greenhair, maybe you can change the first post a bit to make clear that the color of the hull doesn't matter.

Make it clear that also people who don't own the IMTP but can participate when they own the right hull piece. Maybe that's not clear enough now.

Also you can add this link which contains a list of sets that contain the hull that's needed for this contest:

List of sets containing Boat Bow Brick 6 x 6 x 1

You're right B, i hope this clears things up. The color doesn't matter indeed, so you can use any one from the sets in the list.

You're right B, i hope this clears things up. The color doesn't matter indeed, so you can use any one from the sets in the list.

I added some extra info to the first post to make things more clear.

Sounds like a very fun contest!! *sweet*

Just one question, can it be a pirate, imperial soldier, armada and so on? Or is it one theme specific?

Thanks

Off to think of ideas

P

Great competition Cap'n Green hair! I'll see what I can conjure up.... >:-) >:-) *y*

I added some extra info to the first post to make things more clear.

And I reformatted the first post so the information is more orderly...

I've also created a smaller version of the banner for you to upload to your Brickshelf Folders or wherever

impt_banner-bs.jpg

Get uploading!

Looks really nice! Also with all that ice on the water.

I am about to start m entry, but do not be surprised if I do not end up entering, as I am a complete "n00b" when it comes to sails and rigging, also my camera is low on memory. :-(

Just started to search those bow pieces, then i will start with my ship.

May I say mr Bonaparte, the next time you and I end up again in the same contest, would you like to notify me before raising the bar to such heights? That way I can still back down. Now I find myself forced to come up with something of a similar quality. Excellent work on the radar wheels. :-) *y* (<----- it's a compliment btw X-D )

I have begun work on mine but gosh, that 6 wide hull is hard to work with. I think I shall widen it a bit in the middle though that might pose even more troubles than the ones that force me to widen it. And I'm not even talking 'bout the stern or bow yet. *wacko*

I hate you GreenHair *skull*

I am going to participate in this one! I like every LEGO theme, so also Pirates and such. It would be my first Pirate MOC and Creation (I do have some Pirate sets, but they aren't build up, shame on me, gonna build them this week). Great competition, I'm building it but so far I only found one 6 wide hull, if I don't find more I'm not going to participate because it is a bit stupid with only one. Good luck to everybody!

Edit: When I looked at the list on Bricklink it says there are two of them in the Star Wars Naboo Fighter, so far I only founded one. Let the search beg... go on!

Edited by Matn

Very nice rendition Bonaparte! Nice snot work on the wheel casings. Great rigging. You inspire me to build better sir!

I actually have a very long standing "pimped" IMTP ship as it were. It's called the Tripoli and uses the correct boat hulls, I never had the IMTP set so I built mine using the two copies of set 6057 (Castle :: Black Knights :: Sea Serpent). Givng it a blue / black / white color scheme. It's very old (16+ years now) but I know I have it around somewhere.

If I can find it I shall repair it and take pictures. I might spruce it up but I think I will enter it as it is. Should it win a contest I would be rather amazed, but it fits the description of this topic.

At one time it had side wheels, as did a contemporary version of my ship Potempkin some of you may have seen. However Bonaparte's version of this type of ship with side wheels is far more elegant. Mine simply had large 40-tooth technic gears attached to either side 8-| ....ahem I was 11... :-P

Actually I read your description of your ship in the entry thread Bonaparte, and the irony doesn't end with the side wheels. Tripoli was actually built as an Imperial Barge for my avatar at the time (in answer to a similar ship my friend built, but out of his IMTP ship since he actually had the set. He was kind enough to lend me the instructions so I could base mine upon said ship).

Anyway I think I found a reason for a quick build session this weekend!

Edited by Paladin

I worked for more than two houres on mine and I like hem. I will take some pictures tomorrow so I can upload them, I'm pretty pleased with my first Pirate MOC. :'-)