Sign in to follow this  
woofmcmoose

[Challenge 4][CAT B] The Academy

Whilst the downtown Core skyline is dominated by the Leone Cor administration building, on the outskirts 'The Academy' is the most prominent landmark.

CH4_3_zpsstuvie0i.jpg

Here, MANTIS recruits, as well as independent students and those sponsored by the other corporations receive training in the full range of skills required to support exploration and exploitation of Andromeda's riches.

CH4_2_zpslc4san7y.jpg

The Academy consists of two buildings linked by a skybridge over one of The Core's many Lava canals.

CH4_3_zpsstuvie0i.jpg

Alpha tower, on the east bank of the canal, contains the student and faculty accommodation, social and administration areas.

CH4_4_zpsk0v26smc.jpg

Omega tower, on the west bank, contains the training facilities. The floors below the skybridge are for classes open to all students, whilst those above are for restricted courses training MANTIS students and operatives. A sizeable landing pad tops Omega tower and is the only upper floor accessible to non MANTIS personnel.

Nifty monorail! The M.A.N.T.I.S. color scheme works very nicely for sci-fi buildings.

Excellent micro detailing :thumbup: The lava canal, monorail, and skybridge are my favorite sections. Cool shapes for the two main buildings as well :classic:

Fabulous micro buildings! :thumbup: The shaping on both is great and I like the hints of trans blue. Really nice monorail as well :classic:

Love those exterior elevators! Great scifi feel and the confluence of angles where the bridge/roadway/tram meet is well done. Great micro that wouldn't feel out of place in any scifi movie.