Sign in to follow this  
Dukesc

[OL - 2F/2WR] FB The Torino

The Torino is a 2F/2WR ship. I drew inspiration from the Pinnace on Sid Meier's Pirates. It has a working tiller steer too!

IMG_20160427_065406691_1.jpg

2004_Ship_Pinnace_4974017.jpg

IMG_20160427_065432809-Edit.jpg

IMG_20160427_064932597.jpg

That is a great colour scheme! And again very good job on the sails.

Thanks everyone for the comments! It was a fun little ship to build!

A very fine little lateen rigged vessel. I really like the long lateen yard and the size of the sail - it looks both realistic and highly elegant.

I think this is my favorite amongst all the vessels built on these old hulls without center pieces. Normally they look too tall and chunky, but this one is very harmonius. Perhaps it is the slightly cartoonish character of its lines, but anyways, it works, and she looks very sleek and fast.

My only wish is to have a bit more story to your builds, and perhaps some improvements in photography.

Well done!

Edited by Bregir

(This letter is one of several in a package of confidential communications recently intercepted by an Oleon agent. The naval code used was successfuly deciphered by Oleon's top code breaker.)

To Lord Woodbrose

Dated this 4th day of May in the 616th year After Empire

Sir, I am becoming increasingly worried by the current rapid growth in Oleander sea power in these waters. In the past week alone, reports have reached me that no fewer than four new commisions have been spotted around the Far Islands, these have been identified by our agents as:

The Fear Mouse

The Gal' At Sea

The Meaty Oar

The Tureen

The Gal' At Sea seems to be of a new class especially built for speed. The Fear Mouse is small but well armed and quick, and able to sail undetected by all except the most vigilant eyes. The Tureen, while most oddly named, also seems to be an experimental build, a latteen-rigged pinnace. The Fear Mouse and The Tureen are most attractive, seaworthy and sturdy ships, I have seen them myself from afar. I beleve this new squadron may be under the command of The Duke of Usc, some times known as John Deere. What this build up of the Oleon fleet and these new experimental classes of ship may foretell I cannot be sure, but we must maintain the highest levels of vigilance across our colonies in these worrying times.

I remain, sir, your most humble servant, Major Howard, Military Attache to the Far Islands. God save the Queen!

I really like the rig of this vessel. It's unique and fresh, but realistic.

The hull is well done too. She has some fine lines considering there are no mid-sections that usually make such a vessel too stout.

Corlanders, these vessels are on peaceful missions. Besides, there's nothing wrong with a little muscle.

A very fine little lateen rigged vessel. I really like the long lateen yard and the size of the sail - it looks both realistic and highly elegant.

I think this is my favorite amongst all the vessels built on these old hulls without center pieces. Normally they look too tall and chunky, but this one is very harmonius. Perhaps it is the slightly cartoonish character of its lines, but anyways, it works, and she looks very sleek and fast.

My only wish is to have a bit more story to your builds, and perhaps some improvements in photography.

Well done!

Possibly your favorite for small prefabs w/o center sections! What a compliment and thank you!

My story telling seems to fall in line with my photography skills. They both need attention and I'm OK with that, but I'll work on it:-)!

(This letter is one of several in a package of confidential communications recently intercepted by an Oleon agent. The naval code used was successfuly deciphered by Oleon's top code breaker.)

To Lord Woodbrose

Dated this 4th day of May in the 616th year After Empire

Sir, I am becoming increasingly worried by the current rapid growth in Oleander sea power in these waters. In the past week alone, reports have reached me that no fewer than four new commisions have been spotted around the Far Islands, these have been identified by our agents as:

The Fear Mouse

The Gal' At Sea

The Meaty Oar

The Tureen

The Gal' At Sea seems to be of a new class especially built for speed. The Fear Mouse is small but well armed and quick, and able to sail undetected by all except the most vigilant eyes. The Tureen, while most oddly named, also seems to be an experimental build, a latteen-rigged pinnace. The Fear Mouse and The Tureen are most attractive, seaworthy and sturdy ships, I have seen them myself from afar. I beleve this new squadron may be under the command of The Duke of Usc, some times known as John Deere. What this build up of the Oleon fleet and these new experimental classes of ship may foretell I cannot be sure, but we must maintain the highest levels of vigilance across our colonies in these worrying times.

I remain, sir, your most humble servant, Major Howard, Military Attache to the Far Islands. God save the Queen!

I greatly enjoyed reading the intercepted letter! The translation is close on the names too. Lol!

And what these ships foretell has yet to be disclosed. I heard the dockyards are continuing to offer extra rations for longer shifts. I wonder if there's been any leakage of information regarding any larger ships.

I really like the rig of this vessel. It's unique and fresh, but realistic.

The hull is well done too. She has some fine lines considering there are no mid-sections that usually make such a vessel too stout.

Corlanders, these vessels are on peaceful missions. Besides, there's nothing wrong with a little muscle.

Thank you for the compliments! And well said as they are currently on peaceful missions.