Sign in to follow this  
Athos

Lego's Catapult Obsession Takes a Very Dark Turn...

i would have thought that's a high chair although the design is quite poor.

anyone with a belville set, do those large mfs have cutouts on their feet so they can stand on studs? doesn't seem like that baby has studs on its bottom though. :-/

I just noticed that set has alot of nice pieces *wub*

Too bad its overpriced... *sad*

*sweet*

This is a whole new look on the "kick the baby" thing.. Shoot the baby!! >:-)

i would have thought that's a high chair although the design is quite poor.

anyone with a belville set, do those large mfs have cutouts on their feet so they can stand on studs? doesn't seem like that baby has studs on its bottom though. :-/

My sisters has some belville, and yes, the Mfs can stand on studs perfectly. :-) The babies, like you said can't.

I just noticed that set has alot of nice pieces *wub*

Too bad its overpriced... *sad*

*sweet*

I've often noticed lots of really nice pieces in Belville sets, put since they are all specialty/decoration pieces, and not often really useful "structural" pieces, I tend to just pick up the few that I want from bricklink instead of buying the full sets (I'm looking at you snow-covered-tree!!!). :-)

i would have thought that's a high chair...
What what and the what??! You mean it's not a baby catapult? It's a good thing you were here, natelite soda, to explain that to all of us. :-P

Athos, excellent post! Thanks for making me laugh!

What what and the what??! You mean it's not a baby catapult? It's a good thing you were here, natelite soda, to explain that to all of us. :-P

Oh don't worry, we're still catapulting the baby! >:-)

*sweet*

:-D

I see a large gap in the market here "baby catapults"!!

Thanks for sharing Athos.

I'm pretty sure the mom is holding something behind her back.... >:-)

*sweet*

Actually it was JoshWedin over at classic-castle, who first made the comment, but I thought it deserved a repost here...

Steve

X-D . Though only one makes me question this sets playability?

God Bless,

Nathan

Yes this is very dark indeed i wonder if there is a "rspcc come to call " set X-D The mom looks terrifying aswell! she looks like she will jump down from that second floor and throw the baby herself! *skull*

As many have stated there seems to be a huge variety of great pieces in this set yet I dont think I would ever hear the last of it if one of my friends saw me buying it! X-D

Casewindu

The mom looks terrifying aswell! she looks like she will jump down from that second floor and throw the baby herself! *skull*

I think she's got a huge butcher knife in her right hand...

Steve

Funniest thing I've read in a long time! :-D

I want one in real life! Er, for, um, you know, pests? :-$ X-D

To the Brickmobile! >:-)

Funniest thing I've read in a long time! :-D

I want one in real life! Er, for, um, you know, pests? :-$ X-D

To the Brickmobile! >:-)

Yeah sure Batbrick, that's the real reason.... X-D

*sweet*

You know what this looks like to me? The androgynous character next to the baby is holding a thermos or a bottle or something like that. They are next to the grill which lights up. I think they're basting the child and will be catapulting the child onto the grill. These days, Belleville has some dark undertones under all that pink. *wacko*

Hahah, that's excellent, I saw this at school, and it still makes me laugh *wub*

Very funny, thanks for the post.

I don't see anything nefarious going on here. Like so many LEGO families, these folks don't have stairs to the second floor. So, when bedtime comes, Dad catapults the baby up to Mom, who tucks the little tyke right into bed.

Of course, if these folks hadn't spent their money on gold tableware and plumbing fixtures, they could have afforded to put in stairs - not to mention some real walls. With those lattice walls in the bedroom, the neighbors must get an eyefull when Mom and Dad get amorous! 8-

Yeesh. Lego should completely scrap both Belville and Technic figures in the place of some new, just-as-customizable-as-minifigs version of taller Lego persons.

And just imagine if they did... can you not see the potential with licensed characters?

Then again, maybe that's why minifigs still rule... so the owners of licenses don't request the more expensive, more detailed figures that they might want to represent their characters?

:-D I wish I thought of that! Belville sets are hard to find in Australia and I am strongly considering buying a mid-sized one... :-$

Babies ARE pretty swooshable...as long as you do it when my wife's not around, there's no problem. Unless they land on the grill.