Off - Road Fire truck

4 replies to this topic

#1 Stauder

Stauder

• Beware, he's back!

Member: 1134

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:51 AM

Posted Image V-LF-5D
Ok, so yesterday I set myself a challange, build 7942 the way it should have looked like. And this is what I came up with.
It's a modefied Humvee (Or supposed to be), Well... I'll let the pictures do the talking.

The Front, I like the winch, and the fact that there is no real roof. There would have been, but I only have 1 piece like the one used for the hood, so I went with this design. If I had made the hood simpler there would have been a roof, but I couldnt have because the hood hides something!
Posted Image

Ok, In this pic you can see there's some colour coordination lacking, that's because of a lack of parts, had I had that gray part in yellow I would have used it and I only have 2 doors in yellow. Also you see the hinge near the hood? That's there for a reason, no not a lack of parts. I'll get to that later.
Posted Image

Here we see the back, unloaded. Inside the crate are tools, there"s a foghorn and some compressed air tanks outside the crate. There's also a thingie that warns trafic about the viechle (The thing hanging out of the side)
Posted Image

Here I finally reveal why the inge was under the hood. The engine is held in there by gravity. Why? For easy removal of course!
Posted Image

Final Picture showing how the figs are seated inside.
Posted Image

I guess some may compare it as a "6 wide" version of my little jeep (now looted for yellow parts)
Posted Image

Please Comment. (Yes Luxor I know the bricks are dusty  :-P  )

Stauder

Edited by Phred, 01 November 2011 - 09:49 PM.

Posted Image
The above is a paid advertisement by EuroBricks News FLC (Fake LEGO Company). Eurobricks News FLC is 45% Stauder™ (The Annoying Parts), 25% ImperialShadows™ (The Funny Parts), 10% Whitefang™ (The Reviewsy Parts), 7% Zepher™ (The Female Parts... er...) and 7% Stash2Sixx™ (The Photographic Parts).

The previously stated ingredients of EuroBricks News FLC are a trade secret and if you tell anyone I will stab you. In the eye. With a titanium spork.
EuroBricks News FLC is a Trademark of the EB News Team. © EB News 2006 -THE FUTURE!™

#2 LuxorV

LuxorV

• Will Cat Accordingly.

Member: 1771

Posted 03 December 2007 - 10:08 AM

(Yes Lunxor I know the bricks are dusty  :-P  )
Stauder
[/quote]
Oh, they're rightto be dusty, here: you're traveling through the fields ;-)

I really like this truck, and the thing I find most charming is the hinge to open the hood *wub* ; I was going to use a similar technique on a jeep recently, but it was too small for that |-/

And I *wub* the winch [I never came to have one :'-( . Things must change *sing* !]

You seem to be in a very buildy mood this days. Keep them coming *y*

LuxorV

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

Looking for new decals or help customising your LEGO elements? Check the Minifig Customisation Index!

My Brickshelf --- My Flickr

#3 Asuka

Asuka

• Pictural Poet

Member: 816

Posted 03 December 2007 - 02:13 PM

A very nice work with lot of functional details, very good!  *y*
But perhaps something in trans red instead these 1x1 round gray plates at the back
could serve better as brake lights....  :-)

#4 Stauder

Stauder

• Beware, he's back!

Member: 1134

Posted 03 December 2007 - 03:41 PM

View PostLuxorV, on Dec 3 2007, 11:08 AM, said:

(Yes Lunxor I know the bricks are dusty  :-P  )
Stauder

Oh, they're rightto be dusty, here: you're traveling through the fields ;-)

I really like this truck, and the thing I find most charming is the hinge to open the hood *wub* ; I was going to use a similar technique on a jeep recently, but it was too small for that |-/

And I *wub* the winch [I never came to have one :'-( . Things must change *sing* !]

You seem to be in a very buildy mood this days. Keep them coming *y*
LuxorV

Ohh.. Can we have pics of the jeep? Maybe we will find a way!  X-D

Hey, the winch is till in production... But I  dont think the grappling hook is tho  :'-(

And yes I am building alot latley...

View PostAsuka, on Dec 3 2007, 03:13 PM, said:

A very nice work with lot of functional details, very good!  *y*
But perhaps something in trans red instead these 1x1 round gray plates at the back
could serve better as brake lights....  :-)

Hmmm Brake lights, Dont see why not. It has indicators so why not brake lights? *Searches for 1x1 trans red plates*

Stauder
Posted Image
The above is a paid advertisement by EuroBricks News FLC (Fake LEGO Company). Eurobricks News FLC is 45% Stauder™ (The Annoying Parts), 25% ImperialShadows™ (The Funny Parts), 10% Whitefang™ (The Reviewsy Parts), 7% Zepher™ (The Female Parts... er...) and 7% Stash2Sixx™ (The Photographic Parts).

The previously stated ingredients of EuroBricks News FLC are a trade secret and if you tell anyone I will stab you. In the eye. With a titanium spork.
EuroBricks News FLC is a Trademark of the EB News Team. © EB News 2006 -THE FUTURE!™

#5 ExoBuilder

ExoBuilder

• Come mister tally man, tally me sales!

Member: 1463

Posted 03 December 2007 - 10:35 PM

I really like this Stauder. Although there's a few things I don't like as much.

The stickers on the door for one thing I think should come off, and I don't like the thing that sticks out in the back because it has a Police sticker on it.

Other than that, I love it *wub*

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users