Hinckley

Set Review: 8112 Battle Arachnoid

menu.jpg

8112 Battle Arachnoid Review

I've opted to do another set review instead of getting the comics up. I don't want anyone to beat me to the reviews. So, thanks for your patience and enjoy the review. The comics will be up in due time. Thanks! :-$

Thanks for this new review, Hinckley *wub*

For me, it was love at fistr sight with this little set :-P It's simple but nice, and way better than Shadow Crawler for a spider-like mech *y*

You sure will be very busy these days, and your characters will get breakdown before they finish filming all the comics X-D

LuxorV

Thanks for that neat review of a very nice set. The color scheme

i would agree. the spider looks really cool. too bad we can't see how the combo mech looks like. instructions are not online yet. :-/

there should be another combo mech but you'll need the storm lasher set. :-P

Hinkley, you are the MAN! Your reviews just keep on getting better and better! Although all of the sets this year are great and I love them all to bits, I can't say there was one that I absolutely felt like something I'd buy except for the Storm Lasher. But with this review, I think this will be the first purchase of 2008 for me!

I totally agree with you on how the Spider looks better without Mini-robot. But from looking at where the cockpit is placed and how the skull on the cockpit is lodged underneath the walker, maybe the mini-robot would look better mounted underneath the head? That way it looks more even and even gives the thing a nasty set of teeth! I gotta try it out once I get it. Can't wait for the Fabuland comics! Keep it up, Hink!

Thanks for this great review Hinckley! *sweet*

I love this set, it has so many great features for such a small mech. The minirobot is pretty cool, not as cool as the spiderbot, but awesome all the same. Could you post a pic of the whole thing attached to the escape pod, if thats not too much trouble? I totally understand if you can't though :-)

Anyway, can't wait for the comics and thanks for the review!

Exo-Force 2008 is definitely going on my to-get list! :'-)

To the Brickmobile! >:-)

You've proved yourself worthy again Hinckley!

I'm definitely going to get the 08 line of EF now after seeing these.

Can't wait for the comics X-D

I'm really glad they called it the Battle Arachnoid and not Arachnid as it's not an arachnid having only six legs...

Awesome- a company decided to do some research. *sweet*

This set comes with two instruction manuals

Hinkley, why do you torture us so? You keep making reviews, but not comics!

The more reviews, the more comics later, no?

A wonderful set! This is a definite buy for me, the legs are well articulated, it looks cool in all 3 stages, and look at all the orange! :-D :-D Great review, thanks!

~Peace

Edited by iamded

Frankly, I hate Exo-Force. But this one's just plain cute! *wub* Yes, I think this spider is cute! ;-) Thanks for the reveiw Hincks! What would we do without ya? :-)

What about those purple/yellow spike things? 8-|

er... 8-| ...well since they don't appear in this set, I don't count them. :-D

He's such a cute fella! :-P He looks like he just needs some love. *wub* I don't like the details in this one as much; but as an overall package I think it's pretty cool. Thanks Hinckley for the review love! (Hinckley- Bug report; The bottom of the page says "Stay tuned for an overall rating and fun story with 8118-Hybrid Rescue Tank..")

Frankly, I hate Exo-Force. But this one's just plain cute! *wub* Yes, I think this spider is cute! ;-) Thanks for the reveiw Hincks! What would we do without ya? :-)

I'm not sure if you will believe me, but I said he was cute without reading your comment first.... :-P

He's such a cute fella! :-P He looks like he just needs some love. *wub* I don't like the details in this one as much; but as an overall package I think it's pretty cool. Thanks Hinckley for the review love! (Hinckley- Bug report; The bottom of the page says "Stay tuned for an overall rating and fun story with 8118-Hybrid Rescue Tank..")

I'm not sure if you will believe me, but I said he was cute without reading your comment first.... :-P

I don't believe you Sinner... X-D

Hi Hinckley

how much is the set's price?

EDIT: sorry, found the prices

rgds

Sebastian

Edited by der seb

All right, that's it. I'm now officially jealous. I really, really want these new sets, but there's nop chance I'll get them till after Christmas |-/

Anyhow, I like this set too. It's, well, cute. Even the minibot, while perhaps slightly weaker than his brethren in other sets, is still pretty cool. Add to that the fact that orange and black looks cool, and the certain fear factor often induced by large spider (no exception here), and you've got a good strong (relatively cheap) set.

Question: How many pages do each have? Maybe the second is mostly taken up with the second model... :-/

Really, it's odd. The first book ends in the middle of the model. Each book has 23 pages. I'm putting together 8117 right now and there's only one book. *wacko*

Finally we get to see it :cry_happy:

I think I'll have nightmares full of spiders for at least 2 or 3 weeks, now :wacko:

Are the others review-comics nearing, too?

LuxorV

I think I'll have nightmares full of spiders for at least 2 or 3 weeks, now :wacko:

LuxorV

relatively near :blush: ... I suppose.

LuxorV

It's more of an ant..it only has 6 legs :hmpf: still a good model though. Nice comic btw Hinckley :thumbup: