Sign in to follow this  
Scouty

Cap'n SlyOwl vs. oo7 Build off!!

Build Off!  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do YOU think is best?

• MOC # 1's awsome island barbeque!
    • MOC # 2's erie house with a Governor snooping around!

Let's see who has made the best!

A recitation of the rules:

Rules:

1) 72 hours to create an entry: This will be from Friday, November 16 to Sunday November 18

2) limited to having 75 pieces

2b) Less than 75, but 75 is the max number of pieces useable

3) Anything can be built, however, it must be within the pirate, armada, soldiers, guards, and islanders themes.

4) The entries will be posted in a new thread as Moc # 1 and Moc # 2. We will have 72 hours for voting. The 72 hours will begin at the time the thread is posted.

5) Pictures can be any size, but only up to 800 pixels wide.

Cap'n SlyOwl has asked discerning minifigures. I said a minifigure counts as one piece (Hat, Head, Torso, Arms, Hands, Legs, Hip). If just the legs are used, they count as 1 piece (Hip, Leg, Leg). If just a head is used, it counts as one piece (Head).

And now our entries.

MOC # 1

Titled "Kauka's BBQ"

and a description: "Come to me barbeque;

Come to me feast;

Come to the eating of that pirate beast!"

moc1.jpg

MOC # 2

With some great techniques used, here is the entry:

moc2.jpg

This Poll is closed

Tough choice because both and some great features, but in the end, I chose Moc #1 because I liked the plumes as the Captain's guzzards and the wizard hat for the water is too clever! *y*

But both were excellent! Good luck guys! *sweet*

The first one is pure beauty! It has so many nice touches to it I can't explain it! I love the dog and the water.

I voted for Kahuka's barbaque. It funny and has some awesome gimmics to it, such as the feather blood and the witch hat water. That's pretty much what got me to vote for him.

I voted for MOC 2 ...but I am not really sure why. I think it's more because of the fact that I prefer houses to cooking scenes, which is silly I know. *wacko* (It is the problem with contests like this; perhaps a more solid theme should have been chosen.) The water in MOC 1 was really smart though. *sweet*

ImperialScouts didn't say this, but I suspect that he wants to keep the builders a secret so please everyone don't speculate who made who.

I voted for the Captain once again, it's a whole lot better than my rubbish. :-P

I assume that MOC#1 belongs to [information Removed] and MOC#2 belongs to [information Removed] although I never can be too sure X-D
ImperialScouts didn't say this, but I suspect that he wants to keep the builders a secret so please everyone don't speculate who made who.

SHHHH! X-D

It's looking good so far :-) !

Could we pin this thread and take the other one down, pwease :-$ .

No we most certainly cannot! Oh wait a minute... It appears I did it anyway.

Good idea! I must rectify something immediately. Though stylistically anyone who has been following this competition will be able to figure out pretty quickly. Unless they're stupid...

Good idea! I must rectify something immediately.

:-D

Though stylistically anyone who has been following this competition will be able to figure out pretty quickly. Unless they're stupid...

I agree! It seems that my preference is in the minority... :-/

Good idea! I must rectify something immediately. Though stylistically anyone who has been following this competition will be able to figure out pretty quickly. Unless they're stupid...

Indeed. I had not even realized how obvious I had made it originally, hence the change of my avatar. X-D

Well, by hosting it on my BS folder, and saving as MOC 1,2, it gets those sly ones X-D . (Not talking about Cap'n SlyOwl, btw!!). Go ahead, try and look at the link location and file name!!

Wow, both of these are great little creations! I am really impressed by what you guys have done with so few pieces. I ended up voting for creation two. I like the dark atmosphere of it, and the ruined look it has. Creation one is also great... the use of a wizards hat for water is genius! 8-

To start with I must say that both of these are brilliant *wub* ... which means another tough choice |-/

MOC #1: I love all the techniques you've used, aspecially the wizard hat as water and the plumes as blood *wub* The dog and the BBQ are very nice too. In fact, everything's great!

MOC#2: Now this one has a great spooky-tattered look, I love the atmosphere *wub* I can never get enough of that brick technique either, it's great.

In the end, I voted for MOC 2, as I feel it is more halloween-related and I love the spooky old building, as well as the lantern.

I chose the first one cuz the wizard hat as water and the way the minifig has blood coming out is just too awesome to not vote for it.

That being said the brick technique on 2 was awesome also.

Great job both of you!!! *y* *y* *sweet* *sweet*

Finally, a good use for all those extra Captain Redbeards I've got sitting around.

I'm not even going to mention the wizard hat. *sweet*

See? I didn't mention it. X-D

BBQ On! *y*

MOC 1 for me because

- I just love the wizard hat being used as water.

- I find the plume sticking out and representing blood a very clever technique indeed. Come to think of it, it's so obvious I'm feeling ashamed I didn't come up with the idea myself. :-)

- I find it funny that a (primitive) canninibalistic tribe has its own modern, Western barbeque. :-P

- I am fascinated by the the entire topic of cannibalism, I've even read some books on it, and thus I found it hard not to vote for an MOC which takes the islanders and puts them to obvious use. X-D

That being said, I still loved the building (anonymous) made, especially the bricks. It makes it feel as an old, run down building I feel which is of course scary. Though as I don't celebrate Halloween and we're mid November now, and since the street in the vig was relatively, well ... not finished (perhaps because you only got to use 75 pieces?) I went for the first entry.

A great job nonetheless by both contestants. *y*

Edited by Hairy Ruben

We have two of the most talented builders on Eurobricks fighting an epic battle.

They did an awesome job once more and confirmed themselves as great builders.

It's very hard to make a choice between these 2 entries, but eventually I went for #1 because some very original ideas are used.

I have to say it too. The wizard hat for pouring water is the cleverest little thing I have seen in a loooooooong time.

Both are great given the restrictions.