8436 - Added Gearbox!

10 replies to this topic

#1 Stauder

Stauder

• Beware, he's back!

Member: 1134

Posted 27 October 2007 - 05:24 PM

I Decided to modify my 8436. It was about time. I have added a rather simple and crude gearbox. It works, but shifting gears is tricky. I still have to mount the Gearstick. If I used a motor it would work, but it dont work when pushing it along (Spiral gear is used). Please Comment and feel free to tell me how to improve it.

Gallery

Stauder  :-$
Posted Image
The above is a paid advertisement by EuroBricks News FLC (Fake LEGO Company). Eurobricks News FLC is 45% Stauder™ (The Annoying Parts), 25% ImperialShadows™ (The Funny Parts), 10% Whitefang™ (The Reviewsy Parts), 7% Zepher™ (The Female Parts... er...) and 7% Stash2Sixx™ (The Photographic Parts).

The previously stated ingredients of EuroBricks News FLC are a trade secret and if you tell anyone I will stab you. In the eye. With a titanium spork.
EuroBricks News FLC is a Trademark of the EB News Team. © EB News 2006 -THE FUTURE!™

#2 ExoBuilder

ExoBuilder

• Come mister tally man, tally me sales!

Member: 1463

Posted 27 October 2007 - 06:49 PM

I'm not really into the Technic stuff but that looks really complex.

#3 Stauder

Stauder

• Beware, he's back!

Posted 27 October 2007 - 06:56 PM

Its one of my more comlpicated modifications. And It took bout 2 Hours. And no. I didint look at any gearbox diagrams before I started, if somone asks. But my dad did help abit.  ;-)
Posted Image
The above is a paid advertisement by EuroBricks News FLC (Fake LEGO Company). Eurobricks News FLC is 45% Stauder™ (The Annoying Parts), 25% ImperialShadows™ (The Funny Parts), 10% Whitefang™ (The Reviewsy Parts), 7% Zepher™ (The Female Parts... er...) and 7% Stash2Sixx™ (The Photographic Parts).

The previously stated ingredients of EuroBricks News FLC are a trade secret and if you tell anyone I will stab you. In the eye. With a titanium spork.
EuroBricks News FLC is a Trademark of the EB News Team. © EB News 2006 -THE FUTURE!™

#4 Freddie

Freddie

Member: 670

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:33 PM

A small, simple but very neat 2+R gearbox. All the more impressive that you (and your father) took the time to figure it out yourselves. *y*

A variation of this setup is used for the automatic gearboxes one can build in Technic, but those are three forward and no reverse (motor reverses and the gearbox stays in third). Plus the shift-motivator itself is the size of the gearbox. :-/

#5 Lt. Col. Thok

Lt. Col. Thok

• Captain Blue Hair is the best!

Member: 1188

Posted 28 October 2007 - 11:32 PM

A simple and neat gearbox.  Great job!
Quick! Defend your breakfast choice!CLICK
Posted Image
My "Pirates in the Snow" Series: Part One~Part Two~Part Three
Follow my new LDD Castle series: Church~Butcher Shop~Soldier's Pub~Blockhouse
Is it just a coincidence that Grand Theft Auto and the Greater Toronto Area use the same initials? :-p
My Brickshelf Posted Image<---Thanks Joey!

#6 Stauder

Stauder

• Beware, he's back!

Posted 29 October 2007 - 07:52 PM

Thanks. Actually, my dad just told me, he is a wiz at all stuff... Uhh... Technical?  :-P
Posted Image

#7 Sinner

Sinner

• Mike's Magical Elf

Member: 1554

Posted 30 October 2007 - 01:12 AM

Great to see you are still working on this.  *sweet* Keep the updates coming! My son is too young for this kind of stuff; I have enough trouble persuading him to overlap bricks. :-|

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!

#8 Stauder

Stauder

• Beware, he's back!

Posted 30 October 2007 - 05:14 PM

I decided to remove it today.. But I heard a Certain big Black Technic tow truck is gonna arrive in a few months, So best plan ahead!

@ Sinner - Dont worry, just keep him away from M$^!B(*#&S!
Posted Image

#9 Sinner

Sinner

• Mike's Magical Elf

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:33 AM

View PostStauder, on Oct 31 2007, 03:14 AM, said:

I decided to remove it today.. But I heard a Certain big Black Technic tow truck is gonna arrive in a few months, So best plan ahead!

@ Sinner - Dont worry, just keep him away from M$^!B(*#&S!
The Tow Truck is a great set. I bought mine for parts but I found it harder than I thought to break it. (I was really short on pins and studless-beams at the time; not anymore!  :-P ) It is also very roomy if you want to enhance it. As for M&g!Bl@ks; there are none in my house!  :-X

#10 5150 Lego

5150 Lego

• Has a ball of string and isn't afraid to use it

Member: 586

Posted 31 October 2007 - 06:18 AM

View PostSinner, on Oct 31 2007, 05:33 AM, said:

The Tow Truck is a great set. I bought mine for parts but I found it harder than I thought to break it. (I was really short on pins and studless-beams at the time; not anymore!  :-P ) It is also very roomy if you want to enhance it. As for M&g!Bl@ks; there are none in my house!  :-X

The tow truck is a great set, and has so much potential to boot! Like Sinner siad, there tons of room to add a gear box, extra pnuematics, compressor, and so on. I added a pnuematic lift for the rear boom, and tow bar. Still working on making the tow bar pivot from side to side though.
Calm down... HAVE SOME DIP!

If at first you don't succeed,........ Then skydiving is not for you!

Check it out! www.emergencybricks.com

#11 Sinner

Sinner

• Mike's Magical Elf

Posted 31 October 2007 - 06:28 AM

View Post5150 Lego, on Oct 31 2007, 04:18 PM, said:

I added a pnuematic lift for the rear boom, and tow bar. Still working on making the tow bar pivot from side to side though.
Stop that! You're going to make me want to rebuild it if you keep that up!  :-D

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users