Jump to content


Bricklink Trusted Sellers list


110 replies to this topic

#26 Brick Miner

Brick Miner

  • Saloon Gambler


    Posts: 1766
    Joined: 02-February 06
    Member: 646

Posted 23 October 2007 - 08:01 PM

View Postsnefroe1, on Oct 23 2007, 02:20 PM, said:

wouldn't one category a bit easier? just a fairly limited list of the best shops on bl, instead of two categories that are difficult to distinguish anyway?
yes, i think it might be...  i just catagorize my personal experiences into excellent, good, neutral, and bad...  but for the purpose of this thread, where many experiences come together...  one list might be good enough - as long as we continue putting a brief description next to the name of the store (like we are doing)... that should explain enough.

but it's what ever you guys think.  i don't feel strongly either way.

- BM
check out my about me thread.

also, check out The LEGO Western Expansion MOC Page at MOCpages.com !!!
and Brick Miner's Extras BrickLink.com store !!!

#27 snefroe

snefroe

  • waisted plastic


    Posts: 4452
    Joined: 14-February 05
    Member: 230
    Country: belgium

Posted 23 October 2007 - 08:23 PM

View PostBrick Miner, on Oct 23 2007, 08:01 PM, said:

yes, i think it might be...  i just catagorize my personal experiences into excellent, good, neutral, and bad...  but for the purpose of this thread, where many experiences come together...  one list might be good enough - as long as we continue putting a brief description next to the name of the store (like we are doing)... that should explain enough.

but it's what ever you guys think.  i don't feel strongly either way.

- BM
well i guess my main reason for suggesting this is because the list is already getting long and barely a few people have seen the topic. IMO, it's no good if we get a list of 200 stores or so, in that case, you can just as well copy the feedback system of bl... i would prefer a shortlist of five bl shops you find the best, no more... in that case, i think, you'd only get the highly recommended ones.

i think we should also mention that it's not a topic for serious discussions about opinions concerning shops. i mean, i don't think we'd wanna go to a situation where a shop owner defends his policies to a complaining member. i think it's best if it follows the idea/spirit of the sharpshooters list: just a nomination of a shop, a bit of info and that's it.

#28 Brick Miner

Brick Miner

  • Saloon Gambler


    Posts: 1766
    Joined: 02-February 06
    Member: 646

Posted 23 October 2007 - 08:49 PM

View Postsnefroe1, on Oct 23 2007, 03:23 PM, said:

well i guess my main reason for suggesting this is because the list is already getting long and barely a few people have seen the topic. IMO, it's no good if we get a list of 200 stores or so, in that case, you can just as well copy the feedback system of bl... i would prefer a shortlist of five bl shops you find the best, no more... in that case, i think, you'd only get the highly recommended ones.
i could see that.  here is my list of my favorite stores...  Slim Chance, Simply Bricks, and Amazing Bricks (for quantity selection, rare piece selection, and customer service), and anything-lego, Adams Family, and BricksNBits (for excellent used piece conditions, and customer service.)  i could also make a list of my top three sellers for coupons - a lot of sellers give there repeat customers coupons, and i find that very kind.

maybe we could have favorites in categories...  customer service, coupons, piece condition, etc...  but that might get complicated.

at this point, im just offering to other members the good experiences i've had, for their reference...  so, i've made a contribution to the list either way *sweet*

Quote

i think we should also mention that it's not a topic for serious discussions about opinions concerning shops. i mean, i don't think we'd wanna go to a situation where a shop owner defends his policies to a complaining member. i think it's best if it follows the idea/spirit of the sharpshooters list: just a nomination of a shop, a bit of info and that's it.
yes, thats worth pointing out, isn't it.

- BM
check out my about me thread.

also, check out The LEGO Western Expansion MOC Page at MOCpages.com !!!
and Brick Miner's Extras BrickLink.com store !!!

#29 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • Long Ranger Constraction


    Posts: 29367
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 23 October 2007 - 11:01 PM

How about I change it to one list and put *y* next to BrickMiner's excellence stores...

View Postsnefroe1, on Oct 23 2007, 03:23 PM, said:

i think we should also mention that it's not a topic for serious discussions about opinions concerning shops. i mean, i don't think we'd wanna go to a situation where a shop owner defends his policies to a complaining member. i think it's best if it follows the idea/spirit of the sharpshooters list: just a nomination of a shop, a bit of info and that's it.

I thought of this too. This should be for positives only. Sorry Dragonator, :-$ I'm going to butcher your original post...  :'-(

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide



Posted Image Posted Image


#30 Corvus

Corvus

  • ¡ʎpuɐɯ ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ


    Posts: 3134
    Joined: 29-March 07
    Member: 1483
    Country: USA

Posted 23 October 2007 - 11:45 PM

I'd reccomend Figurenhai. His order came very fast, came in about less than a week. Since the order was from Germany to Oregon... I was expecting a long trip. Also, the parts were in great condition. Great seller.  *y*
True happiness: looking inside the box to see a perfectly flat instruction manual.

Posted Image

#31 Dragonator

Dragonator

  • Blurry? No! Furry? Who knows?


    Posts: 4812
    Joined: 07-October 07
    Member: 2052
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 24 October 2007 - 07:27 AM

And so my original post is lost in the midst of time...  :'-( oh well...:-D

Thats fine Hinkley, it works better the way you've got it now anyway, so I don't mind.

Thanks to everyone who has submitted a store, it has been a great help to compiling this list.

Keep them coming!

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


Feel like relaxing with a blood-thirsty game? Check out the LEGO Mafia, RPG and Wargames forum


#32 Starwars4J

Starwars4J

    Posts: 5396
    Joined: 27-February 05
    Member: 257

Posted 24 October 2007 - 07:46 PM

Any idea what happened to A Slim Chance?  It got closed today and the minimum order is $1000...is this to keep people away while there's restock or something?  I've ordered from them before, for an order of $30 so something changed :-D

For me I have to recommend
Magicbricks For extremely rare parts, and fast shipping
Missing Brick For their fast shipping, always offering a discount to repeat customers (though I wish the coupon lasted longer...), and great bulk lots
Shop & Save For incredible customer service.

So far only these three stand out.  I've had good experiences with other stores, but these three stand far out

#33 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • Long Ranger Constraction


    Posts: 29367
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 24 October 2007 - 08:22 PM

View PostMr. Mandalorian, on Oct 23 2007, 06:45 PM, said:

I'd reccomend Figurenhai. His order came very fast, came in about less than a week. Since the order was from Germany to Oregon... I was expecting a long trip. Also, the parts were in great condition. Great seller.  *y*

added!

View PostStarwars4J, on Oct 24 2007, 02:46 PM, said:

For me I have to recommend
Magicbricks For extremely rare parts, and fast shipping
Missing Brick For their fast shipping, always offering a discount to repeat customers (though I wish the coupon lasted longer...), and great bulk lots
Shop & Save For incredible customer service.

So far only these three stand out.  I've had good experiences with other stores, but these three stand far out

Added Magicbricks and Shop & Save. Missing Brick was already on the list. Let SW4J serve as an example, kids, of what not to do. Make sure you check the list first to see if your recommended store is already on it. :-P Thanks! X-D

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide



Posted Image Posted Image


#34 Starwars4J

Starwars4J

    Posts: 5396
    Joined: 27-February 05
    Member: 257

Posted 24 October 2007 - 08:31 PM

View PostHinckley, on Oct 24 2007, 03:22 PM, said:

added!
Added Magicbricks and Shop & Save. Missing Brick was already on the list. Let SW4J serve as an example, kids, of what not to do. Make sure you check the list first to see if your recommended store is already on it. :-P Thanks! X-D
I knew it was already on it, BM already went on about the coupon :-P  I figured two members who recommend a store should show that it's a good store.  Maybe use a *y* for each time it's been recommended?  Just a thought.

#35 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • Long Ranger Constraction


    Posts: 29367
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 24 October 2007 - 08:58 PM

View PostStarwars4J, on Oct 24 2007, 03:31 PM, said:

I knew it was already on it, BM already went on about the coupon :-P  I figured two members who recommend a store should show that it's a good store.  Maybe use a *y* for each time it's been recommended?  Just a thought.

I'll tell you what you can do with your thoughts! >:-(

:-D  :-D  :-P I don't know, maybe. I think being in the list is fine...someone could end up with 1000 *y* and you wouldn't be able to read the list anymore&each post has an emoticon limit anyway... :-D

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide



Posted Image Posted Image


#36 AzMean

AzMean

    Posts: 127
    Joined: 31-January 07
    Member: 1316
    Country: Singapore

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:45 PM

i have two stores from UK that I usually buy from.

1) LEGOSHOP-Holland
http://www.bricklink....asp?p=liesbeth
-may not be the cheapest around but his services are professional & quick, IMO. Never had probs.

2) Stonies Bricks
http://www.bricklink...re.asp?p=Lassen
-sometimes, he made great auctions. His shipping are always fast (reach me within 1week in average, considering that I live in SouthEast Asia)

:-$

#37 adik_sa_lego

adik_sa_lego

    Posts: 180
    Joined: 20-November 07
    Member: 2205

Posted 21 November 2007 - 01:23 AM

any good asian sellers? and those with friendly shipping costs to southeast asia?

checked out stonies bricks, not much sets but at least he ships fast to our region :)

#38 JSN

JSN

    Posts: 103
    Joined: 08-December 06
    Member: 1115
    Country: Oman/Scotland

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:39 PM

Can I nominate A Minifig is for life run by Wattsa.  I have ordered from them a couple of times and their service is excellent  They have a good selection of parts and minifigs, shipping is fast and they are the UK distributor for the fantastic Brickarms.

#39 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • Long Ranger Constraction


    Posts: 29367
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 02 December 2007 - 06:41 PM

View PostAzMean, on Nov 20 2007, 04:45 PM, said:

i have two stores from UK that I usually buy from.

1) LEGOSHOP-Holland
http://www.bricklink....asp?p=liesbeth
-may not be the cheapest around but his services are professional & quick, IMO. Never had probs.

2) Stonies Bricks
http://www.bricklink...re.asp?p=Lassen
-sometimes, he made great auctions. His shipping are always fast (reach me within 1week in average, considering that I live in SouthEast Asia)

:-$


View PostJSN, on Nov 26 2007, 04:39 PM, said:

Can I nominate A Minifig is for life run by Wattsa.  I have ordered from them a couple of times and their service is excellent  They have a good selection of parts and minifigs, shipping is fast and they are the UK distributor for the fantastic Brickarms.

All three have been added. Thank you.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide



Posted Image Posted Image


#40 Starwars4J

Starwars4J

    Posts: 5396
    Joined: 27-February 05
    Member: 257

Posted 03 December 2007 - 11:00 PM

I'm adding Thorz Legoz for great shipping and a very plesant customer service experience.  :-)

#41 Brickadier General

Brickadier General

    Posts: 357
    Joined: 22-June 07
    Member: 1705
    Country: United States

Posted 15 January 2008 - 04:34 AM

View Postadik_sa_lego, on Nov 21 2007, 01:23 AM, said:

any good asian sellers? and those with friendly shipping costs to southeast asia?

checked out stonies bricks, not much sets but at least he ships fast to our region :)
There is Arealight.  I think he only sells custom pieces though, but their quality is great.  And I believe he is in Thailand or Taiwan.  I ordered from him before and was very satisfied.

#42 legomilk

legomilk

  • German Correspondent


    Posts: 623
    Joined: 21-October 05
    Member: 513
    Country: KOLN

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:27 PM

New on bricklink


http://www.bricklink.../GL/4534546.jpg = Anakin Skywalker

http://www.bricklink.../GL/4534537.jpg = Batman

http://www.bricklink.../GL/4534538.jpg = Harley Quinn

http://www.bricklink.../GL/4527299.jpg = Belville

http://www.bricklink.../GL/4534543.jpg = Rebel Trooper

http://www.bricklink.../GL/4534545.jpg = Shadow Trooper

http://www.bricklink.../GL/4534542.jpg = Shock Trooper

http://www.bricklink...L/4536875-1.jpg = Vintage Minifigure Collection Vol. 1

#43 CopMike

CopMike

  • All your baseplate are belong to us


    Posts: 5124
    Joined: 04-January 05
    Member: 148
    Country: Sweden

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:35 PM

Wow, thanks legomilk for pointing this out! They look great (except the Belville one :tongue:)!
I hope they have them in Billund next week!

copmike

Posted Image

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


#44 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • Long Ranger Constraction


    Posts: 29367
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:48 PM

View Postlegomilk, on May 19 2008, 01:27 PM, said:

Thanks! But, this topic is for trusted sellers. Did you mean to post this somewhere else? Let me know and I can move the post to the appropriate thread for you. Thanks. :classic:

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide



Posted Image Posted Image


#45 Darth_Legois

Darth_Legois

  • Bagel Heretic


    Posts: 2241
    Joined: 03-April 07
    Member: 1496
    Country: Australia

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:24 PM

I reccomend Ozparts   :thumbup:  I bought some stuff from him and he could not locate the 2 World City Police guys i orderd so he said i could choose $5 worth of stuff ontop of my original order (the police guys were $4 in total so i got $1 more  :tongue: )  and then when it came in the mail he also included a older Police man mini-fig FREE :thumbup:  :classic:
Was excellant service and it came on time


http://www.bricklink...sp?p=snapper212

#46 IlikePPks

IlikePPks

    Posts: 2
    Joined: 23-June 08
    Member: 3384

Posted 26 June 2008 - 07:15 PM

I recomend ACE: Blacktron surplus. I've dealt with him bout 4-5 times before. Got even more than what I paid for!

And Lillian's World, got alota good sets from there!

Edited by IlikePPks, 26 June 2008 - 07:16 PM.


#47 Dark Sword Ragnarok

Dark Sword Ragnarok

    Posts: 646
    Joined: 26-November 07
    Member: 2225
    Country: United States

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:21 AM

Has anyone bought from either Hogtown Brickyard or the NERDS Shop?

I'm mainly interested for their sets without figs, they are much cheaper and I only want vehicles.

DSR

Quote

"Don't waste your time, or time will waste you..."-Muse, "Knights of Cydonia"

My Flickr Account
My Latest MOC's:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#48 Nyundi

Nyundi

    Posts: 131
    Joined: 09-October 07
    Member: 2069
    Country: USA

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:51 PM

I just had a great experience with Chalet-Go-Play in the US.  No complaints here!!  :thumbup:

#49 JopieK

JopieK

  • Kneecap Buster


    Posts: 2403
    Joined: 04-January 07
    Member: 1180
    Country: Netherlands

Posted 30 August 2008 - 07:00 PM

I also have a good seller to add:

Grandma's Attic, USA, New Mexico

An other to mention is:
eBricksOnline also USA we first had a misunderstanding but it worked out really well and I got some rare parts there!

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help?Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


Posted Image

-== Classic LEGO trains are the best ==-

Do you need replacement stickers for LEGO (reproductions and customs): ministickers.nl

What then about the LEGuanO?!


#50 voltio

voltio

    Posts: 209
    Joined: 08-September 07
    Member: 1950
    Country: United States

Posted 31 August 2008 - 05:16 AM

I would like to nominate Light of the World, a US store (with international shipping) I have bought from three times.  Shipping is reasonable for the parts orders I placed, even when I bought a giant raised baseplate.

The store stocks a wide variety of used parts and minifigs; the prices are competitive, but the selection and always as-described parts condition are Light of the World's strong points.  Most importantly, the owner ships orders quickly and with sufficient packaging.



Reply to this topic



  


1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users


    Savvvas