Gunman

Winter Village: Weihnachtspyramide

Hey there guys!

Here is my entry for the contest :classic:

A traditional German Christmas pyramid (Weihnachtspyramide) made out of LEGO :)

I had one of these bought from my father when I was a kid and I still remember how much I loved it so I decided to recreate it with LEGO..!

I have also put power functions and the layers are turning around like the real Weihnachtspyramide.

I have also put this moc in LEGO Ideas guys, if you like it feel free to support it.

23506866699_ca26282194_b.jpg

23848821016_a66c59b98b_b.jpg

23248122943_ea0cde5279_c.jpg

23506819749_1846c31791_c.jpg

23246572214_7950a16011_c.jpg

more pictures and a video in flickR

thanks a lot for looking.

Edited by Gunman

Oh wow this is fantastic! I love it and will be voting for this Ideas set!! I really like the minifigures you've put together especially baby Jesus with his halo, and the manger is clever. So many pretty details. I have a wooden one which is a very precious memento from our trip to Germany many years ago.

Very nice. The MOC just seems to ooze the true meaning of Christmas and all of the little details, such as the candy cane, wreath, and the train, are all equally as nice and are great additions. Minifigure selection is also top notch. Adds a ton to the scene. :classic::thumbup: :thumbup:

Such a great idea for the contest. It's not only beautifully designed, but amazing that you've built it to allow all the floors spin as well!

I've forever loathed the Lego Golds, especially Pearl Gold - until this very moment, anyway. And who'da thunk - with Tan....

Thank you. Its beautiful; and I absolutely adore anyone's work that forces me to rethink my own.

And the truth, unbeknownst to most, is that a limited palette of color actually opens up the world of texture and shape. I'm learning to keep that more in mind these days in my own work. It works here beautifully.

This is an absolutely amazing moc!

It's perfect whichever way you look it..!!

I believe we found a winner here!!! :laugh:

Thanks a lot Mpyromaxos :blush:

Oh wow this is fantastic! I love it and will be voting for this Ideas set!! I really like the minifigures you've put together especially baby Jesus with his halo, and the manger is clever. So many pretty details. I have a wooden one which is a very precious memento from our trip to Germany many years ago.

Thanks a lot Alsielou! Ye the real wooden ones are great decorations..!

Very nice. The MOC just seems to ooze the true meaning of Christmas and all of the little details, such as the candy cane, wreath, and the train, are all equally as nice and are great additions. Minifigure selection is also top notch. Adds a ton to the scene. :classic::thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks a lot Legocity!

Nice job! Well, there goes my chances of winning :laugh: But really nice job, I like the use of the golden rule!

Thank you mate :)

Such a great idea for the contest. It's not only beautifully designed, but amazing that you've built it to allow all the floors spin as well!

Thanks Iria!

Wow! This is really beautiful!

Glad you like it Kristel!

I've forever loathed the Lego Golds, especially Pearl Gold - until this very moment, anyway. And who'da thunk - with Tan....

Thank you. Its beautiful; and I absolutely adore anyone's work that forces me to rethink my own.

And the truth, unbeknownst to most, is that a limited palette of color actually opens up the world of texture and shape. I'm learning to keep that more in mind these days in my own work. It works here beautifully.

Glad I made you rethink the color palette notaromantic :grin: Thanks a lot!

Wow...great work... nice pictures also!!

Thanks dude :)

Beautiful!!!!

Thank you!

This is really amazing! Would be a good candidate for Lego Ideas.

Thanks a lot Majorna!

This is just amazing! So many nice little details

thanks alot Puvel :)

Fantastic work :-)

Glad you like it!

Really, this model is great. I like the details.

Thank you!!

Absolutely beautiful! The colours are gorgeous and I love the little christmas scenes on each level. Well done!

Thanks a lot Palixa!

Wow... just wow! Everything, from the little nativity... three kings... it's perfect, just perfect!

Thanks a lot LegoPercyJ! :wink:

Love this MOC! Great use of the Gargoyles

Thank you mate :classic:

Breathtaking! The tonal use of tan and gold makes the viewer focus on the subtle vignettes held within. I really like how you've tastefully combined a number of Christmas symbols and icons.

This is so packed full of details and so brilliantly designed and colour-co-ordinated, I don't even know where to start.

Love it!

Only pity is, the turning is a bit jerky; difficult to get right.

Good luck, and keep clicking those bricks together!

Beautiful work Gunman :thumbup: The pyramid structure and colour scheme are really exceptional, but I am especially fond of the snow-scaping and the Christmas decorations around the bottom.

You see these as three-four storey structures in the center of a Christmas Market. I think I would like it better without its base for the purpose of fitting it into the village but I've wondered about making one of these in LEGO, and yours is spot on! Gorgeous. Those tilted rooves are perfect.