Sign in to follow this  
woofmcmoose

[M - F03] Communications blackout

Tags: Spaceshsip, Spying

Forring, Geostationary orbit.

top_zpsujl3tzzo.jpg

moospy_zpsps9nkne4.jpg "This is more like it! No more borrowed, broken down, exploding Octan freighters. How did we even get hold of this beauty; she's not standard issue?

agq_zps7djdpweq.jpg “The F-X2 fighter programme is still officially in the development phase, but we may have built a couple of extra prototype frames for the spy corps and spec-ops command.”

moospy_zpsps9nkne4.jpg“Can we keep it?”

agq_zps7djdpweq.jpg “No, just concentrate on the mission.”

moospy_zpsps9nkne4.jpg“Oh, yeah that was another question I had. what is the mission? And why do you never tell me before we set off?”

agq_zps7djdpweq.jpg “I tell you everything on a strictly need to know basis. Also it saves the man upstairs from having to build a briefing room scene to explain the plot...

moospy_zpsps9nkne4.jpg“What?”

agq_zps7djdpweq.jpg “Anyway, MANTIS are stagin a little bit of an infiltration of Forring and we are here to disable the Octan satcom network.”

moospy_zpsps9nkne4.jpg“Cool, blowing up satellites?”

agq_zps7djdpweq.jpg “No, just disabling them. The torpedoes are loaded with experimental EMP warheads with should overload the network as if it were hit by a severe solar storm.”

moospy_zpsps9nkne4.jpg“Oh, well, at least we get to shoot some stuff and I don't have to deliver mushrooms.”

agq_zps7djdpweq.jpg “Coming up on first target. 1000km and closing, good firing solution, torpedo away.”

fox1_zpsflxnx7kn.jpg

shoother_zps4taiiocm.jpg

Additional pics.....

A short story this week as I've been busy with many things, including my challenge builds and don't presently have any sort of story arc mapped out. Anyhow, I'm pleased with how the F-X2 ended up.

The forward landing gear folds down:

landed_zpsno32couc.jpg

Rear quarter showing the engines:

rearq_zpsjo13dswp.jpg

The nose was a real pain to shape and still maintain structural integrity for swooshing (yes it has been swooshed a lot):

frontq_zpszxwfze6j.jpg

Here's a close up of the Pilot's side of the cockpit:

pilot_zps3fkjl6xm.jpg

And the co-pilot gunner's side with targeting scope (note transparency was removed entirely for this shot so you may be able to better spot some of the techniques in use to make the cockpit):

gunner_zpsbtq8wsci.jpg

Also moose is wearing a spy suit to fly rather than his regular pilot gear, as it looks cooler and its totally a spy mission (sabotaging enemy equipment per the rules). It's not at all because I have misplaced his pilot body.....