The Eurobase 2005 - Discussion
Posted 11 April 2005 - 03:00 PM
Posted 11 April 2005 - 03:08 PM
In this case, I will do something for the fun of it (if everyone that comes to Billund do the same) ;)
I'll have to read the module section and start thinking of ideas ;)
EDIT: I will do something ;) so I voted for Variant n°2
Posted 11 April 2005 - 06:51 PM
I'll most likely build a "construction module", meaning an unfinished module with lots of spacial construction workers and craft... so, i'll take whatever corridor is decided... I'll most likey take two grey plates: one: the module under construction; two: a "temporary craft park" for materials and craft...
1) wouldn't it be great if there was some kind of mark/sign on the corridor if you enter some one elses corridor?
2) what color are we thinking for this corridor? are we going for one universal color or different colors?
3) i'm also thinking of a radar dish (2 x 2 trans yellow) as a light on the ceiling...
4) i voted for the second variant, even though i like number 1 the most... the first has a more or less "royal touch" to it that is only fitting to a City of ambassadors. the second is just a monolithitical building, but i guess easier to build for most members (in terms of available parts)
Posted 11 April 2005 - 09:34 PM
I think I would go to a "simple" theme based on nature: water ponds, wooden bridge, palm trees, animals, house made out of rock and wood (no its not a Flintstone module :-D ).
I think I'll go with it. I'll start this week end ;) This is really cool *satis*
Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:24 PM
Posted 12 April 2005 - 01:02 PM
Actually I think we will plan the whole set up before the event, so
1) we are able to see that everything fits,
2) we (erm... Jipay ;)) are thinking about adding some special add-on to the set up which can only be added when we know how everything will look,
3) things like your wood transport thing are easier to plan and include!
So stay tuned, more details are coming soon! :)
Posted 12 April 2005 - 01:27 PM
1) it's in the hotel, you say. is it in a conference room, or in the lobby,...?
2) will the public be able to see, but more important, touch the stuff?
3) when are we going to set up the models (friday, saturday...)
4) I'll need a corner of the entire model, meaning, 1 of my grey plates has to be in one of the corners of the model
5) how do you see this entire model (rectangle, irregular shape,...)
i don't think i'll have the time to start building the model before mid May... however i'll try to get a design ready asap
Posted 12 April 2005 - 03:10 PM
Sorry, we don't know yet. I (or DoubleT) will post the info as soon as we know it!
I'll forward this question to DoubleT! :P
I'll forward this to DoubleT too, since he is in this kind of stuff!
No problem, dude, since we plan this before we are able to find the best places for every module!
As far as I can already say this I think it will be a rectangular set up with a depth of two modules.
Erm, I would like best not to show any pics of the modules in public before the event. But you will need to send me pictures or at least schematics of your creations for the planning. But more details about this are coming later (Hey, it's the first time that I'm planning such a thing, gimme time... ;))
Any more questions are welcome! :)
Oh, and BTW, I'll close this thread tomorrow in the noon to have a valid voting result!
Posted 12 April 2005 - 03:19 PM
ApophisV, on Apr 12 2005, 03:10 PM, said:
Don't worry and take your time Mr. MOC organiser ;) I'm curious and excited by this project, that's why I ask questions ;)
Posted 12 April 2005 - 04:07 PM
Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:35 PM
Posted 15 April 2005 - 01:31 PM
Bloody Jay, on Apr 14 2005, 11:49 PM, said:
ApophisV, on Apr 14 2005, 07:38 AM, said:
Stay tuned for more info!
Reply to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users