EDIT:

It is finished.

23456068712_119d5ce494_c.jpgLego Jeep CJ5 by Pego's Legos, on Flickr

23538532456_5cccc59da1_c.jpgLego Jeep CJ5 by Pego's Legos, on Flickr

23196668169_2fd019f092_c.jpgLego Jeep CJ5 by Pego's Legos, on Flickr

Here is the LDD file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3uQRNR6UbBWUTNEYTItbGI0dWs/view?usp=sharing

ORIGINAL POST:

Hello!

I was wery inspired by RM8´s fj40, so I of course wanted to build something similar.

I´m going to build a Jeep CJ5 which should be fairly easy to build (body), but the tricky part will be getting the motors under the hood and (hopefully) fitting the battery under the seats.

The servo motor and the two L motors will fit under the long hood.

22940167236_10dd114306_c.jpgWIP by Pego's Legos, on Flickr

22940169666_c2f984ac17_c.jpgWIP by Pego's Legos, on Flickr

22778175550_0544d06caf_c.jpgWIP by Pego's Legos, on Flickr

22343446464_0d2d6340fd_c.jpgWIP by Pego's Legos, on Flickr

Edited by Pego

That is all squeezed in nicely! :classic: Excellent build so far, looking forward to see it finished.

BTW I owned a 1966 CJ5, but not anymore...so I know all about it! I will check yours...haha... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::tongue::wink:

That is looking really nice and snug but very functional; I like it! Can you post some more pictures of the rear suspension please, it looks really cool. Also, what battery box are you using because size and weight could be an issue?

Looking forwards to more pictures :)

Progress will be made this weekend :)

That is all squeezed in nicely! :classic: Excellent build so far, looking forward to see it finished.

BTW I owned a 1966 CJ5, but not anymore...so I know all about it! I will check yours...haha... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::tongue::wink:

Thank you!

Did you go offroad with your CJ5 at all?

That is looking really nice and snug but very functional; I like it! Can you post some more pictures of the rear suspension please, it looks really cool. Also, what battery box are you using because size and weight could be an issue?

I haven't started the rear part yet (I will continue this weekend), but I have a good idea of how I will make it. I will use the 8878 rechargeable battery box. Yes size would be an issue, but not so much weight, because 2 L motors geared 1/5 have a lot of torque.

Packaging is very good. Interesting what you've done with the servo.

The servo is geared down 1/2 so that it uses the whole 180 degree range. Also the steering link holding the steering rod is offset by half a stud improving geometry and straight-driving :)

Thank you!

Did you go offroad with your CJ5 at all?

You are welcome and yes I did, I did for sure!!! :thumbup::classic: That basically was the reason I owned one... :wub:

Off topic I know that, but might be inspiring... :wink: ...here are some pics of it:

frontview.jpg

backview.jpg

An earlier WIP picture of the rear axle: [*snip*]

Cheers for this. I'll probably use and adapt this idea soon because I'm looking for a small suspension.

Edited by Technic Jim

Driver skills are excellent as is the environment you live in... :thumbup::classic::wub:

I really wonder how my KrAZ would perform on those rocks...!

Edited by 2LegoOrNot2Lego...

Driver skills are excellent as is the environment you live in... :thumbup::classic::wub:

I really wonder how my KrAZ would perform on those rocks...!

Thanks!

Haha those rocks are about 500 meters from home and there's obstacles for every size of truck, so I feel pretty lucky :)

It depends where you would drive, some places the KrAZ wouldn't fit, and some places it would go over with ease. I'd say in general it is suited better for small 4x4s though

Thanks!

Haha those rocks are about 500 meters from home and there's obstacles for every size of truck, so I feel pretty lucky :)

It depends where you would drive, some places the KrAZ wouldn't fit, and some places it would go over with ease. I'd say in general it is suited better for small 4x4s though

Still a little jealous...!!! :thumbup::wub::classic::blush:

Very nice, cool little model. I am wondering where the front bumper is though? I don't know if that was a design choice or it's just missing in the pictures? Seems a little empty below the grill to me.