Sign in to follow this  
Dannylonglegs

[O-H04] The Wrong Hands

Sector: H04

Tags: Science, Civil

"Log Date 454, This is Dr. Danielle Long. Samples of the native species analogous to earth coral are currently being retrieved for testing on the Axle. It is in diverse biomes such as this one that the most profitable compounds are typically discovered. I expect this will yield many a new product for Octan... but only time and testing will reveal these compounds. I am surfacing presently. Dr. Long out."

21860745813_1d1fb5427c_z.jpg

Odus Dillberg, Dr. Long's Secretary: "Ah, yeah, right there, biological samples collection droid. Right there on my shoulders. yeah. Lots of stress to relieve there. Mmm."

Dr. Long: "Another day, another misappropriation of Octan equipment."

Odus: "Ah! Didn't see you there Danielle!"

Dr. Long: "What exactly have you tasked this specimen collection droid with? This is hardly protocol. Where are your clothes?"

Odus: "Oh, I had the droid store them in one of his little compartments!"

Dr. Long: "You know those compartments will not open after they've been shut except for within one of the Axle's "Hazard Assessment" Labs?... Right?"

Odus: "Oh."

Dr, Long: "I'll take that as a no. Any calls come in while I was working?"

22468566282_928b369d7d_z.jpg

Odus: "Oh yeah! Thanks for reminding me! Kodan called! He's in sector F10 with that thing you told me to send to him! Well! He has some important news to share with you! I took a message!"

Dr. Long: "If it was important, why didn't you forward it to me?"

Odus: "Well, you sounded like you were having fun looking at all the cool animals and stuff under the sea, so I didn't want to bother you."

Dr. Long: "What is the message?"

Odus: "Oh yeah... Project Icarus is a time machine! Surprise!"

Dr. Long: "A WHAT?! And you didn't inform me of this immediately?!"

21859166104_9c082e10dd_z.jpg

Odus: "Surprise!"

Dr. Long: Cancel my appointments for tomorrow. I will be re-assuming control of this project. I want the object delivered to the Axle immediately. Thereafter, I will assess the object's safety and begin preparations for a thorough inspection of its capabilities. I also want any information Kodan may already have acquired. This must all be conducted with the utmost secrecy. I would not want a time machine to fall into the wrong hands."

Odus: "You got it boss!"

Dr. Long: "Oh... And one more thing. Send Kodan and his handler robot, ED-208, something to keep them safe. A pair of Ma.K. hard suits. Knowledge is dangerous."

Odus: " Hard Suits for Kodan and that Ed guy, got it!"

One Week Later, in the remote H04 sector...........

In one of the Axle's ejectable high-risk labs...

22295140829_fc0a942f97_z.jpg

"Log Date 461, This is Dr. Danielle Long. This device is remarkable. Project Icarus was indeed an apt title for this project, as It must be the source of the anachronistic facility in which it was discovered. It would appear that the original Scientist who created this device are long dead. Perhaps slain in a Zoid raid. But some of the facility's personnel escaped with the Ter Tahl sentients of sector F10's Arium Major. I consulted with their people regarding this device, but the only novel information with which they could provide me was that the device was volatile. I have decided to house the object in its original container: a Blue Box, and perform a myriad of tests on it to assess its safety. Thereafter I will conduct tests to determine how... if... It works. A Time Machine is a fixture of science fiction, but the laws of physics preclude its creation in the real world. Should I indeed have my hands upon the genuine article... Well... This could fundamentally alter Humanity's understanding of the universe... And remove the restrictions of time and space from Octan's quest for resources. With a time machine... well... The possibilities are limitless.... But I'm getting ahead of myself. We first must determine if it works... And then how... before we can use it. To this end I've tasked a select team of theoretical physicists with the inspection of the machine, and its safe operation. We're working around the clock to figure this puzzle out. For the time being, I will leave this in the capable hands of Blenjamen Blandin, one of Octan's finest physicists. Dr. Long signing off."

Dr. Long: "Dr. Blandin?"

Blenjamen Blandin: "Y-y-y-yes, Dr. Long?"

Dr. Long: "I will be in my office looking over this data. Please continue your work. I want this object monitored 24/7. Don't let anything happen to it... and if it activates, I want you to eject the lab. Even if you are in it. Understood?"

Dr. Blandin: "I-I-I, uh, Understood."

Dr. Long: "OK, Great."

Later.......

21860798713_2872d0ffaa_z.jpg

Dr. Blandin: "Uh, oh! Great S-s-scott! The F-f-f-flux Inhibitor is l-l-loose!"

22295493659_2bdcd6e2fe_z.jpg

"Wha-Whoah!"

22468635422_23441e7eea_z.jpg

OoC: Don't worry. The "Octan has a time machine" will not last Long. No spoilers. but yeah.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Is that a TARDIS? Nice build this week. Odus has a massage bot. :laugh: Man Octan gets all the cool toys.

I wonder what will happen next... :look:

What happens next or what has already happened :laugh:

Before I thought the Ter Tahls where mistaken, or it was a translation error. Like they meant "time capsule" or an "old machine" and Dr Long would be angry on poor Kodan but now I can see it's definatly a time machine :wink:. (a blue box or an aluminium sports car are the only proven ways to travel in time :grin:)

Unfortunately, this look like the “time and space” variant. Otherwise he would be trapped on the ejectable lab till he figure out how to get back to the future present.

I think Odus is becoming one of my new favorites.

I like the lab and can see you've been to the PAB wall recently as many of those parts will be in upcoming builds for me too. :grin:

Looking forward to where this all leads.

the beach scene is nice (and funny) but I really like that lab. the jumper wall is cool and the pipes are well used, especially how they hug that curved piece under the box. I think a few tiles on the front would've gone a long way to make it look a bit cleaner, or just more zealous cropping