Sign in to follow this  
Still Raindrop

Modular MOC: China Dragon Chinese Restaurant & Tea Shop

street.jpg

Hi, everyone! A while ago I had a modular street that I had built, though the style was more akin to classic town in modular format (bright colors, fewer details, smaller height, etc.). I recently started getting official modulars, and built this one to accompany my street. It's still shorter than the rest, and I'm not entirely happy with all the detailing, but it's relatively complete at the moment. Let me know if there's anything you want more/better pictures of.

This building is the China Dragon, the oldest Chinese restaurant in Redbrick Springs. The restaurant is downstairs, and upstairs there is a tea shop. Here's the front view of the store itself.

front.jpg

Outside, you may happen to see a postal worker delivering some of the stacks and stacks of menus the China Dragon sends out.

mailman.jpg

Walk inside and you'll be greeted with a smile and a friendly "Welcome!"

openview.jpg

The interior has a small table and lots of information on the food offered--in multiple languages!

eating.jpg

The kitchen is always clean and tidy.

kitchen.jpg

And everyone is cheerful when they see the imitation jade Buddha statue.

buddha.jpg

Here's a top-down view of the restaurant:

floor1top.jpg

Upstairs, you'll find a charming tea shop.

teashop1.jpg

Here are some of the wares that are sold: loose black, white, green, and wulong tea, discs of pu'er, plus teaware (including teapots and gaiwans).

teashop2.jpg

Here's the tea merchant's table, with scales and her own gaiwan/cups. In the background you can see boxes ready to be unpacked.

teashop3.jpg

The back is a little less exciting:

back.jpg

Thanks for your visit to the China Dragon! Sorry if the pictures aren't the greatest--I'm still getting used to this new camera.

low.jpg

A clean and tidy kitchen in a Chinese restaurant?! *huh*

Beautiful model and great atmosphere.

A clean and tidy kitchen in a Chinese restaurant?! *huh*

Beautiful model and great atmosphere.

Well, as long as photographers are around. The owners may have written the descriptions, too. :wink:

Thanks for the compliment! I wanted to make a good "dive" Chinese restaurant (with a nicer tea shop above), and I thought it would fit in nicely with the DO.

Edited by Tea Weevil

Cool building with great character :thumbup: Especially the ground floor.

Edited by Sir Stig