12 replies to this topic

#1 Joebot

Joebot

• Mayor of Fluxington

Member: 1014

Posted 27 September 2007 - 04:10 AM

Hey everyone,

Posted Image

Chapter 7: Villians are unmasked! Horrifying conspiracies are revealed! Lots of dumb, ballet-related jokes are made!! This chapter has it all. I don't want to oversell it or anything ... BUT IT'S BETTER THAN A MILLION SUPERBOWLS!!!  The world as you know it will never be the same!!!

So, Chapter 7 is finally posted on our website. I know, this chapter took us a long time. But it was a doozy, chock full of action and special effects, and we hope you like it.

While you're there, be sure to click on the Fluxington section, and check out some more town pictures. I added some pictures of the Lamp Light District, which is Fluxington's trendy shopping area.

Thanks for reading!
-Joebot  

www.unlikelysociety.com

#2 Hinckley

Hinckley

• Reay for 2017!

Member: 486

Posted 09 October 2007 - 09:58 PM

I finally got around to reading this! *wub*  *wub*  *wub*

Yay! Exposition behind us, action on!!! Woot! I don't know why I type woot, I would never say it out loud. I'm in my thirties for God's sake! :-| Anyway, it felt like old school unlikely society to me and complete with a cliffhanger ending!!! WOOT!

Never ever leave us again... :'-)

#3 Jipay

Jipay

• Steve Wet

Member: 1

Posted 09 October 2007 - 10:42 PM

Did have a blast reading it as every time. How could I miss this thread ? When will the princesss come back btw  X-O

#4 Asuka

Asuka

• Pictural Poet

Member: 816

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:20 PM

View Postjipay, on Oct 9 2007, 11:42 PM, said:

Did have a blast reading it as every time. How could I miss this thread ? When will the princesss come back btw  X-O
I was wondering myself.... perhaps the YOC forum would work better than T&T?

Anyways, a marvelous work, glittery and very funny! I knew that you can´t trust
these boy groups...!  :-D

#5 Hinckley

Hinckley

• Reay for 2017!

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:26 PM

View PostAsuka, on Oct 9 2007, 06:20 PM, said:

I was wondering myself.... perhaps the YOC forum would work better than T&T?

Anyways, a marvelous work, glittery and very funny! I knew that you can´t trust
these boy groups...!  :-D

He needs to create brand awareness, so he has to shop it around. I will admit after I read the chapter I searched the YOC forum for the thread and couldn't find it. Luckily we have that handy search function. But yes, I agree. Stories are typically in the YOC forum. That is where I post mine anyway. And Joebot is my mentor :-$

#6 Sir Dillon

Sir Dillon

• Longs for the days of Wooden Ducks

Member: 435

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:35 PM

Yeah, I missed this the first time around too... thanks for bringing it back up Hinckley.

This was a great episode. Action, suspense, and a nice cliffhanger.... Maybe the guy with the giant hand will come back and save Anemone! 8-°

And I just realized that Anemone is a girl... whups. :-$  :-P
"I'm sorry, I don't have the time to build anything that doesn't directly promote me."

#7 Joebot

Joebot

• Mayor of Fluxington

Posted 10 October 2007 - 03:20 PM

Hey guys, thanks!!

Yep, you're probably right, I put it in the wrong forum. D'oh! I'll stick with YOC for future updates. I think I went with Town and Trains because I had some new pictures of my town to announce as well.

Anyway, thanks again for the feedback. Hopefully the next chapter won't take as long to put together.

As for being Hinckley's mentor ... it's an exhausting, thankless job. Much like a Sith Apprentice, I fully expect him to one day rise up against me. In the meantime, only cruel, vicious discipline will keep him in line. Back in your cage, Hinckley!!

#8 casewindu

casewindu

• Extreme Tie General

Member: 1257

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:18 PM

great comic Joebot I can't believe I missed it I am a great fan of your work! I love the amout of detail you put into your backdrops aswell!

I didn't get what happened on page 5 however  when pfinster is leaving the room and then the starfish head hits him. If it's a plot thing then dont tell me though becuase I am eager for episode 8!

by the way why does death plie where a tutu? Is it just for comical reasons? because if it is then it's doing its duty, it's so funny!  :-D

#9 Hinckley

Hinckley

• Reay for 2017!

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:25 PM

View Postcasewindu, on Oct 10 2007, 01:18 PM, said:

great comic Joebot I can't believe I missed it I am a great fan of your work! I love the amout of detail you put into your backdrops aswell!

I didn't get what happened on page 5 however  when pfinster is leaving the room and then the starfish head hits him. If it's a plot thing then dont tell me though becuase I am eager for episode 8!

by the way why does death plie where a tutu? Is it just for comical reasons? because if it is then it's doing its duty, it's so funny!  :-D

I can't answer for Joebot, but I believe the tutu is because, Death Plié's special power is dealy ballet moves. Plié is a ballet move... ;-)

#10 LuxorV

LuxorV

• Will Cat Accordingly.

Member: 1771

Posted 10 October 2007 - 07:35 PM

It's the first time I see this, and had a full immersion right now.

Definetly nice! Great use of expressions and  *wub* the Exo-Force haired band.

Can't wait to see chapter 8.

Out of curiosity, was Joebot programmed by the Sirius Cybernetic Corporation?

LuxorV

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

Looking for new decals or help customising your LEGO elements? Check the Minifig Customisation Index!

My Brickshelf --- My Flickr

#11 Joebot

Joebot

• Mayor of Fluxington

Posted 11 October 2007 - 02:45 PM

View Postcasewindu, on Oct 10 2007, 01:18 PM, said:

In regards to page 5, yes, that is intended to be a bit unclear at this point. It's a plot issue that will be resolved in Chapter 9. That's also when we'll find out all about this mysterious Jack Pfister.

And Hinckley is correct about Death Plié. A "plié" is a ballet move, and Death Plié's superpowers are all ballet-related. He was created by my friend and colleague Bryan. Bryan thought it would be hilarious to have a big, tough, somewhat dim-witted henchmen who wears a pink tutu and busts out ballet moves. Over the years, Death Plié has become my favorite character to write. He cracks me up everytime. So expect lots more of him in upcoming chapters.

It's the first time I see this, and had a full immersion right now.

Definetly nice! Great use of expressions and  the Exo-Force haired band.

Can't wait to see chapter 8.

Out of curiosity, was Joebot programmed by the Sirius Cybernetic Corporation?

Yay, another Douglas Adams fan! I like to think there's a fine line between "homage" and "rip off." I also like to think that Joebot walks that fine line.

Eh, who am I kidding? He's a blatant rip off of Marvin. Doug Adams was a genius, and I figure if you're going to steal, then steal from the best.  X-D

#12 casewindu

casewindu

• Extreme Tie General

Member: 1257

Posted 11 October 2007 - 04:07 PM

View PostJoebot, on Oct 11 2007, 03:45 PM, said:

In regards to page 5, yes, that is intended to be a bit unclear at this point. It's a plot issue that will be resolved in Chapter 9. That's also when we'll find out all about this mysterious Jack Pfister.

And Hinckley is correct about Death Plié. A "plié" is a ballet move, and Death Plié's superpowers are all ballet-related.

thanks guys for clearing those things up! (by the way Hinckley congratulations on becomming a global moderator! ;-))

Edited by casewindu, 11 October 2007 - 04:07 PM.

#13 LuxorV

LuxorV

• Will Cat Accordingly.

Member: 1771

Posted 12 October 2007 - 07:41 AM

View PostJoebot, on Oct 11 2007, 04:45 PM, said:

Yay, another Douglas Adams fan! I like to think there's a fine line between "homage" and "rip off." I also like to think that Joebot walks that fine line.

Eh, who am I kidding? He's a blatant rip off of Marvin. Doug Adams was a genius, and I figure if you're going to steal, then steal from the best.  X-D

I think you've created a very nice personal interpretation of the Marvin-like personality ;-) .

If you want to see more Adams fan work, you can link to imperialshadows & MrMandalorian contest official tread and entry tread. Just a little advertising in case you did not know it yet X-D . Hope you will partecipate *y*

LuxorV

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

Looking for new decals or help customising your LEGO elements? Check the Minifig Customisation Index!

My Brickshelf --- My Flickr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users