Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Mystery Ship: Part 8

Part 8: The Storm

The men assemble in the galley as the Sea Ghost begins swaying roughly on the stormy sea. Water splashes against the windows as the sounds of the Minnow scraping against the side of the Sea Ghost can be heard.

The Captain states, "this is definately a rough one and I hope that Benny makes it back inside". The Minnow is tied to the ship, but the Skipper and Diver Dan can not help to wonder if it will make it through the storm. :'-(

I know the Minnow is tied to the ship, but I can not help to wonder if it will make it through the storm. :'-(

I know the Minnow is tied to the ship, but I can not help to wonder if it will make it through the storm. :'-(

It would have had a better chance if we had cut it loose, Captain-hindsight! >:-(

It would have had a better chance if we had cut it loose, Captain-hindsight! >:-(

If we had cut it loose, there would be no chance of us getting it back at all. |-/

If we had cut it loose, there would be no chance of us getting it back at all. |-/

Yeah? Well, so's your face :-P >:-( !

At least my face is recognizable as a face. I hear when you were born, you came out backwards and nobody noticed. >:-(

I'm sorry. I guess I got a little carried away. :-(

How about a truce, Captain?

Yes, but I'm curious how you got your eyes on my birth records! I am more suspicious of you all the time.

Columbo, let's explore this blood in Geno's bunk...

Yes, but I'm curious how you got your eyes on my birth records! I am more suspicious of you all the time.

Columbo, let's explore this blood in Geno's bunk...

AvtCaptMaxwellMacleod2.jpg

As the Captain looks at Diver Dan and begins singing:

I was a fool to ever leave your side

ABOARD THE SEA GHOST is such a lonely ride

That breakup we had

Has made me lonesome and sad

I realize I love you

'Cause I want you back

Hey, hey

I spent the evening with the BROKEN radio

Regret the moment that I let you go

Our quarrel was such

A way of learning so much

I know now that I love you

'Cause I need your touch

Hey, hey

(Chorus:)

Reunited, and it feels so good

Reunited, 'cause we understood

There's one perfect fit

And, STILLMAN, this one is it

We both are so excited

'Cause we're reunited

Hey, hey.....

Pete laughing at the Captain's most recent song :-D states, "Oh yes, the blood. I DON'T THINK THIS WILL PROVIDE A CLUE".

Columbo, where do you suggest we search?

Any room you'd like, but I don't think that even with my trained eye, the blood will reveal anything.

Let's start with Mr. Mason's quarters! The first mate's cabin! >:-(

This is really making me uneasy, my boat is bashing out there, I hope it survives the...the...storm....survives...storm...survive. Please survive Minnow :'-( .

Let's...let's go search.

Actually I am not conviced we will make it though the storm with that tied to our side. It's going to move up and down too much and grind hulls together. What is the hull made of anyway? In storms like this it is often safer to let go than have two ships tied together.

Let's start with Mr. Mason's quarters! The first mate's cabin! >:-(

I'm for that! Unless he objects.... 8-|

I would lloovvee if you stopped talking about letting loose my boat. I imagine the bumpers I put on there should prevent any damage.

I would lloovvee if you stopped talking about letting loose my boat. I imagine the bumpers I put on there should prevent any damage.

I wouldn't worry too much; it isn't my call. If any dents appear in our hull I might have a change of attitude but I'll be sure to give you time to get in first. :-D As for the bumpers, we'll see. My bets are on the storm.

The men make their way to the cabin of Frank Mason, 1st Mate. He objects to the searching of his cabin, but the Captain insists for the sake of the investigation.

Once inside his cabin, the crew notices that it looks like the quarters of an old pirate ship. Several pirate flags are draped along the walls along with fishing nets with shells, bones, and teath of various large fish and marine life. A bookshelf stands in the corner with several large hard-bound books including:

- Moby Dick - novel

- Jaws - novel

- Orca's Revenge - novel

- Mutiny on the Bounty - novel

- The Old Man from the Sea - novel

- Pirates of the Carribean - picture book with lots of images of Johnny Depp

- Discipline through Fear - How To book

- Tales from the Deep - illustrated book of legendary Sea Monsters

- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea - novel

A smaller shelf on the wall contains a coin collection with various gold dubloons behind glass.

A modest bed with sheets and blanket neatly tucked in stands on the other side of the room next to a small end table with a small lamp in the shape of a pirate skull.

Also inside is a small writing desk with chair, and dresser containing normal clothing items.

And lastly, at the foot of the bed is a locked pirates chest.

An angry Frank Mason stands growling at you as you search his things.

AvtFrankMason2.jpg

*bursts in through main hatch*

Brr.... cold...Wet...windy! Brrr!

*shivers*

ugh, Don't feel so good...

*barf*

Oh, Hi Bennie. We'll deal with you in a second, lay down please.

First things first, let look through that Old Man from the Sea book. I've heard of the Old Man and the Sea, but I believe that book is a fake and probably hiding something in false pages.

This creaky old treasure chest can't defy physics, we can bash that right open. Scotty, have at it with the boots please. *wub* I love this part!

I'll smash this skull lamp open to see if there's anything inside it. Columbo maybe you can check out that dubloon collection and see if anything is missing.

Someone else can sort through those fish bones and see if anything is interesting.

Mr. Mason, you can continue to stand there scowling and grumbling and swearing under your breath...Thanks :-)

How do we all fit in here? I'm going to wait outside the cabin, it's cramped *wacko* .

This creaky old treasure chest can't defy physics, we can bash that right open. Scotty, have at it with the boots please. *wub* I love this part!

Aye aye Capt'n. Kicking as ordered! *wub* I can start on Mr Mason if you want. His book collection freaks me out. *wacko*

Aye aye Capt'n. Kicking as ordered! *wub* I can start on Mr Mason if you want. His book collection freaks me out. *wacko*

Okay, go right ahead. :-$ You're so cute when you get kicky. But don't kick all of his teeth out. I don't want to waste our whole first aid kit on him. :-|

A smaller shelf on the wall contains a coin collection with various gold dubloons behind glass.

Captain, do you think Frank is the one who dropped the gold coin on the deck?

Also, perhaps you could ask him to open that treasure chest... there might be some clues in there...

Okay, go right ahead. :-$ You're so cute when you get kicky. But don't kick all of his teeth out. I don't want to waste our whole first aid kit on him. :-|

OK Capt'n. I'll stick to his testicles. Nothing life threatening there! :-P Err... begging your pardon Capt'n but how long have we known Mr Mason anyway. I'm a bit hazy myself at the moment.