Blohmton Police Station

25 replies to this topic

#1 Barbossa

Barbossa

Member: 1697

Posted 24 September 2007 - 08:47 PM

Posted Image B-PM-1B

Hi Eurobrickers :-)

I would like to show you some pictures of the newest building in Blohmton, �The Blohmton Police Station�.

This MOC is based on the 4954 Creator set but different roof slopes and hundreds additional pieces. For a long time I have been thinking about adding a tan house in Blohmton so the 4954 set was an excellent start. Much of the police stuff (and minifigs) is taken from the 7237 police station.  

I would like to have used a different colour on the roof slopes but I can�t find on I like. Does anybody have any suggestions? Maybe be some Photoshop manipulation pictures  :-P

So hopefully with this new arrival the streets in Blohmton will be safe day and night.  *pirate*

All feedback is always appreciated

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The folder (when moderated)  Blohmton Police Station

And a couple of pictures together with some other familiar Blohmton buildings

Posted Image

Posted Image

BRgds
Barbossa

#2 El Bucanero

El Bucanero

• Kiwi addiction!

Member: 851

Posted 24 September 2007 - 08:50 PM

Looks alot like Caf Corner, but still different.. I love the exterior, but I love the interior even more. Alot of details, wich I love  *wub*

I really have to get Caf Corner..
Good job!

G

#3 Asuka

Asuka

• Pictural Poet

Member: 816

Posted 24 September 2007 - 09:16 PM

Wowdoodly, a great station with a decent city-feeling, very accurate and with a cool
and classic, somehow British atmosphere....  *y*
And it fits fantastically to your other buildings. Very fine!  :'-)

#4 Lasse D

Lasse D

• Pink Poodle

Member: 1144

Posted 24 September 2007 - 09:37 PM

Whoa!  8-
Now that's a nice police station! I really like to see how complete it is with all the small rooms inside and the very high level of details from security cameras to tiles on the floors.

There should be a Caf corner index with all those great CC MOD/MOCs around.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#5 Lt. Col. Thok

Lt. Col. Thok

• Captain Blue Hair is the best!

Member: 1188

Posted 24 September 2007 - 09:38 PM

8-  indeed.  That looks vaugely like our city police station.  Your CC MOCs rock!
Quick! Defend your breakfast choice!CLICK
Posted Image
My "Pirates in the Snow" Series: Part One~Part Two~Part Three
Follow my new LDD Castle series: Church~Butcher Shop~Soldier's Pub~Blockhouse
Is it just a coincidence that Grand Theft Auto and the Greater Toronto Area use the same initials? :-p
My Brickshelf Posted Image<---Thanks Joey!

#6 ZeekyBoogeyDoog

ZeekyBoogeyDoog

Member: 1760

Posted 24 September 2007 - 10:26 PM

Awesome job  *y*!.  The tan and grey look great; I would suggest using black for the roof slopes, it would blend with the top better.  I love these CC style buildings you make.

#7 Freddie

Freddie

Member: 670

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:21 AM

Yet another fine MOC you've got there. It does indeed look like a police station as well.

I would agree with Zeeky, black would look good on a tan building.

#8 Darth_Legois

Darth_Legois

• Bagel Heretic

Member: 1496

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:31 AM

Good Job i love it! *y*  *wub*

#9 LuxorV

LuxorV

• Will Cat Accordingly.

Member: 1771

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:39 AM

Great MOC. I *wub* all those details in the interior, especially the identification office *y*

Now all you need are a Zenigata and a Lupin minifigs... X-D

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

Looking for new decals or help customising your LEGO elements? Check the Minifig Customisation Index!

My Brickshelf --- My Flickr

#10 gylman

gylman

• Excellent......

Member: 252

Posted 25 September 2007 - 08:19 AM

Interior details fantastic! I like the height chart on the perp ID wall best. The fingerprint ID station too. I assume those come from police sets.... but I hadn't seen them before.

Excellent use of stairs also. Trickier than many people realize.

Excellent....

#11 osakana

osakana

Member: 480

Posted 25 September 2007 - 01:55 PM

Nice, but what about garage?

#12 Sinner

Sinner

• Mike's Magical Elf

Member: 1554

Posted 25 September 2007 - 02:31 PM

Another great building!  *wub* 4954 is a great set isn't it? I love how you put so much work into the interiors as well. I plan to be breaking my 7237 soon and I might be stealing some of your ideas!  :-$ Is the stuff you can see in the basement just decoration or is there actually something down there? Oddly, my only negative comment is that the police station next to the restaurant is just too much grey for me. I tend to think you should try another roof colour. Prefably not black as there is enough black on that block already. Dark red?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!

#13 casewindu

casewindu

• Extreme Tie General

Member: 1257

Posted 25 September 2007 - 05:28 PM

Great moc barbossa I love the old british style to this moc. Your are also a great man for the interior design!  ;-)  hope to see more soon!

#14 Barbossa

Barbossa

Posted 25 September 2007 - 05:31 PM

Good evening folks

Thank to EVERYBODY for the gentle feedback. I appreciate it a lot!

View PostMr Tiber, on Sep 24 2007, 10:50 PM, said:

I really have to get Caf Corner..

Absolutely, in my opinion Caf Corner is an awesome set and gives so much inspiration.

View Postgylman, on Sep 25 2007, 10:19 AM, said:

Interior details fantastic! I like the height chart on the perp ID wall best. The fingerprint ID station too. I assume those come from police sets.... but I hadn't seen them before.

Excellent use of stairs also. Trickier than many people realize.
Excellent....

Thanks gylman, please be infomred that the height chart and fingerprint tile plus plus is stolen form the 7237 set.

View PostSinner, on Sep 25 2007, 04:31 PM, said:

Another great building!  *wub* 4954 is a great set isn't it? I love how you put so much work into the interiors as well. I plan to be breaking my 7237 soon and I might be stealing some of your ideas!  :-$ Is the stuff you can see in the basement just decoration or is there actually something down there? Oddly, my only negative comment is that the police station next to the restaurant is just too much grey for me. I tend to think you should try another roof colour. Prefably not black as there is enough black on that block already. Dark red?

Thanks Sinner, 4954 is absolutely a great set! I love it, and it's loaded with useful parts.

I fully understand what you mean when it comes to placement of the police station (next to the pizza place) Please be informed that this is just temporarily. It was just to get a shot of those three buildings, that I have present here on EB, together. I think I might place this blue building between the police station and the pizza place (please refer to the picture).

Posted Image
Posted Image

Some of you have suggested black roof and Sinner suggested dark red roof so today I have tried a few options. I think I have found my favourite but I would appreciate to hear what you Eurobrickers think.

DARK RED
Posted Image

Posted Image

DARK BLUE
Posted Image

Posted Image

TAN
Posted Image

Posted Image

BLACK
Posted Image

Posted Image

BRGds
Barbossa

#15 Freddie

Freddie

Member: 670

Posted 25 September 2007 - 10:10 PM

Wow, seeing the pictures the color of the roof it's suddenly a tough call!

The black and dark blue keep the building looking "official", so either of them would work. The dark red sure makes the building more colorful, but I think it would look better on another building (a dark green and grey one, with lime accents maybe?). Tan just melts into the rest of the building, and looks IMO, worse than the light grey roof you had previusly - besides, the grey roof actually looks nice when the station is placed next to a building that doesn't have a vast amount of grey in it.

Still. fantastic work you do, and then you let us humble people make decisions for you. :-D

MOC on! *y*

#16 Barbossa

Barbossa

Posted 26 September 2007 - 07:47 AM

View PostSinner, on Sep 25 2007, 04:31 PM, said:

Is the stuff you can see in the basement just decoration or is there actually something down there?

Good observation but actually I didn't bother to put anything in the basement. The red bricks that you have seen in one of the pictures is just pillars supporting the floor. 8-

View PostFreddie, on Sep 26 2007, 12:10 AM, said:

Wow, seeing the pictures the color of the roof it's suddenly a tough call!

The black and dark blue keep the building looking "official", so either of them would work. The dark red sure makes the building more colorful, but I think it would look better on another building (a dark green and grey one, with lime accents maybe?). Tan just melts into the rest of the building, and looks IMO, worse than the light grey roof you had previusly - besides, the grey roof actually looks nice when the station is placed next to a building that doesn't have a vast amount of grey in it.

Still. fantastic work you do, and then you let us humble people make decisions for you. :-D

MOC on! *y*

Hi Freddie,

Thanks for shearing your opinion. Your thoughts are pretty the same that I have.
Dark Red makes it colourful but would probably work better on another building.
Black works great but as you mentioned, grey works also great as long as the station is not placed next to another grey building.

Any other opinions?

#17 Shadows

Shadows

• Awesome, brilliant, not redundant.

Member: 1558

Posted 26 September 2007 - 07:53 AM

Great work as always! It's the reason you got my vote in the City contest *y*

Love the dark blue roof change, that's definitely the way I'd go, even though it's an unexpected colour combination. That's saying a lot considering my desperate love for all things dark red. Only other colour I'd try is dark green if you've got it, but that blue really looks good.

Oh heck, I just love all the dark colours and am still annoyed that we don't get more of them.

Very nice interior work, especially the little police touches. I would agree that an arched extension to the building would be nice, perhaps leading back into a garage or secure prisoner transport loading area.

Can't say enough good things here, just love it! *wub*

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#18 Holodoc

Holodoc

• Hasn't seen the box

Member: 1094

Posted 26 September 2007 - 09:14 AM

Great building again, Barbossa! *wub*

As already other members have pointed out, the interior is pretty cool!
How did you do the fingerprint tile? 8-  Is it a regular piece or a self made one?

View PostBarbossa, on Sep 25 2007, 05:31 PM, said:

Thanks Sinner, 4954 is absolutely a great set! I love it, and it's loaded with useful parts.
I can only confirm that. Masses of useful parts.
Everyone who hasnt bought it yet and is only a bit interested in buildings should buy it.

Now.

What are you waiting for??
X-D
Even more interested in LEGO bricks & parts? Read Tim Johnson's (aka Caperberry) blog: Posted Image

#19 Barbossa

Barbossa

Posted 26 September 2007 - 09:27 AM

View Postimperialshadows, on Sep 26 2007, 09:53 AM, said:

Great work as always! It's the reason you got my vote in the City contest *y*

Love the dark blue roof change, that's definitely the way I'd go, even though it's an unexpected colour combination. That's saying a lot considering my desperate love for all things dark red. Only other colour I'd try is dark green if you've got it, but that blue really looks good.

Oh heck, I just love all the dark colours and am still annoyed that we don't get more of them.

Very nice interior work, especially the little police touches. I would agree that an arched extension to the building would be nice, perhaps leading back into a garage or secure prisoner transport loading area.

Can't say enough good things here, just love it! *wub*

Hi imperialshadows,

As you say dark blue looks good, but I think it's a difficult choice. I would loved to tried dark green and perhaps brown???!!???

A garage extension is a good idea, I will defiantly consider it, but then I also have to buy a police car :)
Blohmton is still a small city with only a couple of police motorbikes.

View PostHolodoc, on Sep 26 2007, 11:14 AM, said:

Great building again, Barbossa! *wub*

As already other members have pointed out, the interior is pretty cool!
How did you do the fingerprint tile? 8-  Is it a regular piece or a self made one?

I can only confirm that. Masses of useful parts.
Everyone who hasnt bought it yet and is only a bit interested in buildings should buy it.

Now.
What are you waiting for??
X-D

Thanks Holodoc!

You can find the fingerprint tile in the 7237 police set! Tons of great police stuff in that set.

#20 Batbrick

Batbrick

• I'm back ...with a banana

Member: 1917

Posted 26 September 2007 - 11:29 AM

Wow Barbossa!  :'-)  Thats brilliant! And to think I was so stupid as to avoid it till now!
It does look a lot like cafe corner (duh!  :-| ) but the style of it and the old-fashioned look certaintly make up for it.

The extras are very appreciated, they certaintly fill up a lot more space than Cafe Corner itself!  :-D

I also would like to see a garage extension for a police car.

Great work!  *sweet*

Up and Atom!  :-)
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#21 Sinner

Sinner

• Mike's Magical Elf

Member: 1554

Posted 29 September 2007 - 04:22 PM

View PostBarbossa, on Sep 26 2007, 04:47 PM, said:

Good observation but actually I didn't bother to put anything in the basement. The red bricks that you have seen in one of the pictures is just pillars supporting the floor. 8-
Well I don't blame you; it's not like you actually could fit a mini-fig down there.  X-D As for the roof, I would go for blue!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!

#22 Dragonator

Dragonator

• Blurry? No! Furry? Who knows?

Member: 2052

Posted 09 October 2007 - 07:02 AM

Nice work, this is very appealing! *y*

Have to say I would go for dark blue two, seems to fit the best.

Thanks for sharing! *sweet*

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

Feel like relaxing with a blood-thirsty game? Check out the LEGO Mafia, RPG and Wargames forum

#23 MatthewUSA

MatthewUSA

Member: 1446

Posted 09 October 2007 - 07:16 AM

Barbossa, I  *wub* the look of your police station.  The details you have added are  *sweet* .  Very, very cool MOC  *y* .

Model On!!

#24 Engene

Engene

Member: 1988

Posted 09 October 2007 - 08:21 AM

It's a very cool MOC!!!

#25 iamded

iamded

• Cannot neigh to save his life.

Member: 1225

Posted 09 October 2007 - 08:47 AM

I think the dark blue roof is best. This is an amazing building, with a fantastic, detailed interior. I love the corners/edges of the building, with the tiles as bricks. A lovely design, similar to Cafe Corner but also different. Great job, your other buildings are superb also. *y*  *y*
~Peace

Check out Eurobricks' RPG, Mafia and Wargames forum for the best fun.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users