Dannylonglegs

Blacktron Mafia: Confirmation and Discussion

Confirm your participation and receipt of a PM here!

Non players can comment and discuss the game here, but obviously, as nonplayers, they cannot actually play the game.

Nonplayers are welcome to try their hands at the side game of guessing character references! remember to use spoilers! :grin:

20427474253_dbea85f73e_z.jpg

20425875864_bdfdf5242f_z.jpg

21038539472_bd1e48a405_z.jpg

<<This is Colonel Jack Jones--paw off the mic, Danny! I'm making this announcement--Sorry about that. This is Colonel Jack Jones. Long-Range transmissions have been jammed. This is not a Drill. I fear this means our base is under attack! I want to take a role call right now! All facility members please come to Meeting Room 1 for attendance taking. Everyone remain calm, and make your way to Meeting Room 1.>>

20860367450_5cc78c9087_z.jpg

Nathan: "Great timing. Any earlier and we might have had to be late for attendance!"

Diamond: "Haha, yeah!"

Nathan: "I swear, I'm gunna get you off of this dump! We're gunna see the stars, you and I! Now, could you pass me my shirt?

Diamond: "Maurice, I find your human clothing to be so silly! Back on Arcturius, there is no need for clothes!"

Nathan: "I know. I went there once. It was great."

Meanwhile, some facility members were already in the meeting room...

21048467705_dd63fa330d_z.jpg

Bock: "This is my favorite Opera! Only a Pliskeen can perform such melodic notes with such a deep range of emotion! And Mikal Ansset is my favorite performer of this piece!"

Laura: "Quite true. I once sat in the front row of one of their performances. They has such a splendid voice."

Zipzop: "I can almost smell their pheromones from here... :wub: "

Major Dave was also watching the show, and agreeing with all points made, While Saemus stood silently guarding the rich bureaucrats, looking like a badass.

20425817884_4e22dc42c8_z.jpg

Most of the facility arrived soon after the rolecall was requested.

20427391233_6f8039e449_z.jpg

Ender: "So then I blew up their planet."

Vasquez: "Frackin' sweet. I wish I was gettin' some action here!"

Clementine: "So, Harriet, you see any cool rocks today?"

Harriet: "Damnit Clem, they're minerals!"

Rip: "One more week... One more week... Knock on wood... Or sheet metal... One more week...."

And then the hosts arrived...

20861629709_b367e0cc95_z.jpg

Host Comments:

1. Thank's all for joining up for my very first Mafia game! Special thanks to my co-host, the talented and delightful JackJonesPaw! Without his editing skills, I'm sure this whole kit-and-kaboodle wouldn't be half as shiny! Seriously. The shininess is edited in.

2. Character Names were decide on first, along with the figures, followed by character fluff. Then I assigned characters to players depending mostly on answers to sign-up questions. (Then I took today's pictures) Then I arranged all players/characters into a random arrangement not based on the alphabet or sign-up order and assigned each player/character a number. I then ran a random number generator to assign affiliation by number. I then seperated Blacktron Affiliates from Federation Loyalists, re-assigned numbers, and re-ran the generator to assign Power Roles. Everything occurred by chance. No clues in pictures. No clues in fluff. No clues.

3. All Names are references to Sci-Fi (mostly). Most Fluff also contains additional references. Should all references be properly figured out, crudely edited pictures of "me" giving out "cookies" will be distributed to participants in this side-game. I may use MS paint. Not quite sure yet.

The number of references per character that I expect is as follows (Note: dissimilar Characters (or like directors and authors) from the same piece will be considered one. If you figure both out though, good for you! Note 2: I'm not including references to Lego themes (or games) here... even sci-fi ones. But I am including references to a great Lego Sci-Fi builder.)

4 of 2: 1 or 2

Bock: 1

Clark: 1

Claw: 2 or 3

Clementine: 1, 2, or 3

Diamond: 2 or 3

Doctor Wen: 1

Ender: 2

Hannah: 1

Harriet: 1

Laura: 1

Major: 1

Minga: 1

Nathan: 2

Paul Harkonnenn: 2

Rip: 1

Seamus: 1

Vasquez: 2

Zipzop: 1

RULES!

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Federation (Town) or Blacktron (Mafia). To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Mafia, while the Mafia needs to outnumber the Town. Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. Voting is compulsory. Every player must have a vote placed by the end of the day. Those who do not follow this rule will be subject to 5 penalty votes.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5 vote penalty against you on your first offence, and the death of your character on your second offence.

12. There are no clues in the pictures. I will not intervene should someone suggest there are clues in the pictures, because there are none. There are not clues in the character flavor text. I wrote that stuff before I even decided on alignments and roles. No punishment will be doled out to violators of this rule, but I expect violators to be heavily harassed by other, rule-abiding players.

13. Grab your towel and don't panic.

Standard role info appearance:

20851129139_6e3725fc94_t.jpg

Colonel JackJones (JackJonespaw)

Race: Human

Colonel Jack Jones is the commanding officer of this miserable Federation outpost. He just wants to do his damn job, but the incompetent and corrupt beurocrats are constantly getting on his nerve...

You are Loyal to the Federation.

You are the Co-Host, but otherwise have no role . You must use your charm and cleverness to win! Usually I'd mention your vote, but you don't have one. You're a host, and therefore, an NPC.

21027895582_d47378b90e_t.jpg

Danny Longlegs (Dannylonglegs)

Race: Insectoid

Danny is the shrewd representative of the mysterious Insectoid Empire in regards to planet-sharing endeavors. He is the designated overseer of activities on LI-420, and the collector of the Insectoid Empire's tribute. A trained Diplomat, and a keen observer of power shifts, Danny has been watching the Federation's Civil War with great interest. The Federation's little "scene" has resulted in an increased influence of the Insectoid Empire, as the Empire is "above such trivial conceits as free-will." To the victor goes the spoils, is Danny's opinion, although he'd never phrase it so... discourteously.

You are a Member of the Insectoid Empire, and therefor Neutral to the plights of the Federation.

You are the Host. You win by Hosting a damn good game. Immune to Penalty Votes, but not Night Kills.

21045538381_ded454860e_t.jpg

Onyx 'Viscous' Cerebus (also Dannylonglegs)

Onyx is such an infamous figure that many simply refer to her as "Viscous." It is unknown if she is behind the Blacktron invasion of LI-420, but so closely associated is she with the atrocities committed by Blacktron, that mentioning one without suspicion of the other's involvement is infrequent. Her name is uttered only in hushed tones. She brings death and misery wherever she lays a booted foot.

You are Blacktron. Comprised of you know who, you all win by outnumbering the town.

You may be a host-controlled NPC, and as such have no role.

Player Characters (19)

21027842192_edb16e6fa1_t.jpg

4 of 2 (Mostlytechnic)

Race: Human cyborg

4 of 2 is what happened when a human underwent the cyborgization process practiced by the Ufoan race. Damaged in a starship explosion in Ufoan space, and the sole survivor of her crew, the Ufoans performed their cyborgization tradition upon her to save her life. They succeeded, but at a price. 4 of 2 was not the woman she was before. Once a vibrant, fun-loving individual, she is now more machine than woman, and has a very robotic way of looking at things, which tends to make those around her uncomfortable. She now tends to the machines and technology on this frontier settlement, having decided to keep as far away from people and her former life as she could.

20415145844_8041d1b965_t.jpg

Bock Pathos (Bob)

Race: 1/2 Klingulcanomulan

Bock is half Klingulcanomulan, half human, and, as is typical for a member of his race, he is a very passionate individual. Bock has a tendency to care very deeply for those around him, placing the few over the many. There are many ways to trigger an emotional response from Bock. Even something as minor as a cute pet picture can cause him to become overwhelmed by emotion. However, due to the fact that he is half human, it is possible to coax him into a fit of logic. Bock had a steady job as an administrator on a core world, but that all changed when he received a chain holo-mail lamenting the "plight" of the Miners on frontier mining worlds, which could be alleviated just by sending in your Bank PIN and Social Security Number.... So he had himself transferred to LI-420 so that he could help them out through his passionate love for social justice! However, when he got here, he found the job to be thankless, and primarily composed of paper-work crunching. Also a large sum of money had been transferred from his account to a mysterious "Social Calamities Averted through your Money" organization.

20849685300_aaf7aa1997_t.jpg

Clark Kubrick (Chromeknight)

Clark was appointed to oversee the unveiling of a brand new super computer spaceship control system and to attend its inaugural flight. This prestigious event was a culmination of all his hard work climbing the governmental ladders, and, had it been successful, might have ignited his hopes of running for Governor of his home colony. Naturally, the voyage was a complete disaster. The computer turned out to be homicidal, as they often do, and he was forced to deactivate it, remaining the ship's sole survivor. The manufacturer of the computer denied all of this, citing "human error" as the fatal flaw, and placing all blame and culpability on Clark. Fleeing persecution at the hands of the Computer manufacturer, Clark wound up on LI-420. Now, with his dreams of governorship in shambles, he only hopes that somehow he can make a name for himself here, and move up on to better things. He's now in a relationship with Harriet Stomper, although he doesn't know she already has a family back home.

21027868232_b5717eebda_t.jpg

Claw (Lazychicken)

Race: Burghiszoid

"Claw" is a single mind between several bodies. They belong to the species known as "Burghiszoids" due to their truly bizarre alien physiology reminding the very first human to discover them of the Burghis-shale-locked creatures of earth's Cambrian explosion. A brood of Burghiszoids, such as claw, shares one mind among its member bodies. These bodies can perform a myriad of dissimilar tasks, but their thoughts are one and the same. The brood known as Claw was here on the planet when the Federation first began mining. They just showed up one day, and have been performing odd jobs for the facility inhabitants ever since, demanding nothing in return. At first, it was pretty unsettling to the crew, but they've gotten used to not having to clean out the ventilation shafts, or gather energy pods from the solar fields, or picking up after meals.

20849703710_93824bae42_t.jpg

Clementine Lister (Lind Whisperer)

Clementine Lister was a lowly technician onboard the "Little Red," M-Tron's first expedition to LI-420. So lowly was she that her Crewmates forgot to retrieve her from cryosleep upon arrival. This turned out to be her saving grace, as the expedition ended in disaster due to a malfunction of the ship's computer which resulted in the release of a deadly neurotoxin. Only after the ship had long since crashed on LI-420, and the neurotoxin had dissipated, was Clementine awoken from her slumber. She survived alone on the deserted ship for several years before her rescue at the hands of 'Rip' and some other miners who finally found the derelict ship's homing beacon and were tasked by their company to "check it out." Clementine claims to have made companions with a sentient cat and a hologram during her stay on the ship, however no evidence of these characters was discovered. The medical consensus is that these were just hallucinations induced by lingering neurotoxin. But in her defense, Major Dave believes her. Now Clementine works as a miner, supporting Harriet and 'Rip' in tending to the mining equipment.

21037824615_8b8d3e299a_t.jpg

Diamond Dodd (CallmePies)

Race: Pliskeen

Diamond Dodd is the facility's chef, during the day, and bartender during the night. The facility's robots actually do all the cooking and cleaning, so Diamond has plenty of time to partake in other activities. Diamond is a member of the hermaphroditic Pliskeen species from Arcturius. Arcturius is a lush and verdant world positioned midway between several other homeworlds of ancient space-faring species. As a result, the Pliskeen species evolved alongside quite a few different alien races, making them famous for their "compatability" with many a species. The typical career trajectory for a Pliskeen in the Federation either involves performance art, or diplomatic relations. Diamond was not gifted with a particularly melodic singing voice (by Pliskeen standards), nor were they gifted with the grace and poise other Pliskeen often displayed, so Diamond opted for diplomacy. after leaving their homeworld, however, they discovered that they found diplomatic relations to be exceedingly boring. After a few failed internships with famed diplomats, Diamond found their way to LI-420, and filled an empty hole that was in need of attention. Diamond still wishes to explore the galaxy, though, having once again grown dissatisfied with their current inactivity. Diamond wants action and adventure, and they found some in their partner, Nathan Mallard, who they calls "Maurice" for reasons only they knows. Nathan promises to take them on adventures on his smuggling ship, which suits Diamond just fine!

20849732350_18fde81673_t.jpg

Doctor Wen (Xenophobic Monoxide)

Race: Seems Human enough

Doctor Wen is definitely a human, and definitely has a doctorate of some kind. Likely a medical doctorate, as that would make most sense, considering Wen is the base's Doctor. The good Doctor knows a lot about a lot, and has absolutely no problem babbling frantically, in a varying accent from the British Isles, about just about anything while doctoring. The doctor is deeply altruistic, caring about even the smallest and ugliest of creatures. The one exception to this rule is in regard to an entity known only as "Mo-Phat the Destroyer." The Doctor despises this creature for some reason, and whenever it's name is brought up in conversation, the Doctor becomes uncharacteristically serious, claiming "they gave him to much power." No one has ever seen or heard of the entity, and it is speculated that the creature may only exist inside the Doctor's head.

21045470021_b1654796ac_t.jpg

Ender Gaiman (Jluck)

Race: Buggizoid

Ender Gaiman is a brilliant tactical mind. He wrote the book on interstellar warfare in the 26th century. While many applaud his efficiency and strategic genius, some consider his methods brutal, and "pretty sociopathic." His life up until recently has been devoted to quelling insurrections, and dealing with hostile first encounters. This all changed when during one such hostile encounter, he ordered the complete annihilation of the alien's homeworld. "It was seriously us or them." Were his remarks. Needless to say, Ender was stripped of his rank and given a lowly position as one of the diplomatic liasons on this planet. He was not endighted for war crimes, however, because he still has powerful friends in high places who didn't want to see him imprisoned. Also, most people agree that "It was probably us or them."

20416799743_963e9ef273_t.jpg

Hannah Ford (Ranger of the Forest)

A rogue and a scoundrel, Hannah is the suave pilot of "The Annual Eagle" a hunk of junk spaceship she souped up and pimped out to fit her intended use... which was smuggling, of course! Quick to crack a joke, and even quicker on the draw, Hannah has made many enemies in her business... because she's not that great at it. She's certainly amoral enough to fit in with her corrupt clients, and she certainly sounds like she knows what she's talking about when she throws out words like "parsec" and calls folks "kid" or "rookie", but for whatever reason, she ain't the best at following through with her end of the deals she offers. For the most part her misadventures end up well enough for her, but she's racked up debts all over the galaxy, and some day, she'll have to pay up. She's rivals with fellow smuggler, Nathan Mallard, and the two end up butting heads wherever they go, as they pursue the same clientele.

20851061939_f974e11a2e_t.jpg

Harriet Stomper (Mediumsnowman)

Harriet' s a tough space miner, who does what she does for the good of the Federation, and for the good money in it! Without miners like herself, where would the Federation be? Ships need metal and gas, and other stuff, and Harriet is very good at extracting those things from asteroids and planetoids alike! She takes great pride in her ability to operate heavy machinery, and her hands on knowledge of the perils of space mining. She's exploded soon-to-impact comets, operated almost every Power Mining and Rock Raiding vehicle, and even extracted awesumnium from a biomass granting planet. Mining is her life, and she does it for the Federation, and the money, for her family back home on Earth. She's presently in a relationship of convenience with Clark Kubrick, although it doesn't mean anything to her.

20415231454_0e0b208942_t.jpg

Laura Starbucks (Tariq)

Laura Starbucks is the second in line to being heir to the Starbucks Franchise. Her tall days were spent in vicious intrigue and competition amongst her four three sisters for the Trenté fortune awaiting the eldest. Laura was a clever schemer... but she was out gambited by her sociopathic younger sister, who finally had her banished to as far away from Starbucks HQ as she could. Laura too has powerful friends, so she has maintained a prestigious position in the company, as well as a simple syrup sweet administrative job on LI-420, but still she still has resentment brewing within her, and longs to enact her grandé revenge on her sister and retake her place as the rightful heir to the Corporation! As far as exiles go, LI-420 isn't so bad. The work is so easy, Claw could (and often does) do it, and she has plenty of time for her scheming. The only problem is the coffee on this planet is miserable.

20849777740_9c0b60f83c_t.jpg

Major Dave (Fhomess)

Race: what's the hurry, man?

Major Dave's earliest wish was to be an astronaut, but ended up enlisting in the Space Police program. Bored of his unfulfilling life in a core world precinct, Major Dave sought to enlighten and entertain himself by becoming a phychonaut instead. Making use of confiscated LSD and similar substances, Major Dave went through his daily routines high as a space station. And for the most part no one cared or noticed. That is, until one day, Major Dave went out into space with his suit on backwards. In his defense, that's what the Glimmering Space Dragons told him would allow him to ascend to a higher plane of existence. His supervisor started taking notice of his proclivities, and soon Major Dave found himself under intense scrutiny. Chaffing under the new regulations on submitting narcotic drugs into evidence, Dave left his cushy Core-World job to become the primary security officer on LI-420, where he continues to blaze it daily, and partake in solo psychotropic expeditions. There's not all that much securing that needs doing in the facility after all. The Glimmering Space Dragons are much more interesting.

20849787620_8c1937cd23_t.jpg

Minga Gorgon (Dragonfire)

Race: Fa'Anta Cera (Trollz)

Minga Gorgon was an exceedingly competent Governor of her homeworld. The only problem was that she was, infact, the Governor's Administrative Assistant.... and that of the previous 5 Governors. During her unelected reign, her planet saw an Economic boom, and grew in influence in the galactic court. All that changed when the court finally looked into the governance of her homeworld after some incompetent baffoon errased her planet from the Federation's archives. In the ensuing scrutiny, it was revealed that Minga had been ruling the planet from the shadows. To be perfectly fair, though, she ruled it very well and her people, the Fa'Anta Cera (derogatorily referred to as Trollz) had always been under the leadership of absolute monarchs, having never truly even desired a democratic government system. Naturally, the Federation removed her, but her planet's Governor ensured Minga would not see jail time, instead having her assigned to LI-420. Here, Minga does the best she can to help administer the planet, and maintain positive diplomatic relations with the Insectoids, but in her absence, her planet has fallen into a recession. Her people need her, and she needs to go back.

20416847023_7e3c9c98e5_t.jpg

Nathan 'Maurice' Mallard (TinyPiesRUs)

Some people call him the space cowboy. Others call him the gangster of love. One person calls him 'Maurice,' but as to why that is, it's hard to be sure of. Nathan is and ace pilot and captain of "The Serendipity," a ladybug class freighter, which he uses for smuggling. This puts him at odds with Hannah, quite frequently, as she too is a smuggler, and the two of them constantly compete for the rich and eccentric clients who end up on frontier worlds like this one. Whether it's unroasted Coffee beans fresh from a Starbucks Coffee-Basket world, Illicit psychotropic drugs, or really dangerous and extremely illegal guns, Nathan is willing to skirt the law and deskirt the law-enforcers, to get the good folks of LI-420 their goods. For a price. Nathan is a free-spirit, and a gentlemen. As much as he tries to blend in with his corrupt clientele, it's often plain to see that the man has a heart of gold, and a moral compass. Bending that compass costs his clients extra. Somehow he's made it pretty well in the world of grime and crime, despite his "Integrity." He's found himself a steady partner in Diamond Dodd, and promises to take them off this miserable planet one day, so that they can see the stars and live a life of adventure alongside him.

21027987862_610964ec15_t.jpg

Paul Harkonnenn (Piratedave84)

Paul Harkonnenn is the bratty son of the Governor of a rich desert world. His powerful father put him on the track to success as early as he could, paying his way through the best schools (not to mention paying for black market intelligence enhancing drugs). Only the best for Paul. Unfortunately, despite all his father's best efforts, Paul grew up to be lazy and cripplingly incompetent. During his first job in the Federation government, he lost track of a few planets by misfiling paperwork, erasing several from the Federation's archives, and nearly caused an interstellar war. It's anyone's guess as to whether these mistakes were accidental, or just childish methods of dealing with his boredom. Regardless, after many failed attempts to get his son to take his life seriously, his Father got him assigned to this backwater planet, in order to make him "man-up". Even as one of the diplomatic liasons stationed here, though, Paul has yet to change his ways.

21037749475_8857d74678_t.jpg

'Rip' Sewer (Captain Nemo)

'Rip' is a space miner, and shes a week from retirement. She's finished her 10 year shift and she's going home. It's been 10 long years since she's seen her wife or now-11 year old daughter. She watched her daughter grow up from satellite transmissions, and was there for her birthday parties only on a television screen. It's been 10 years since she's picked up her own daughter in her arms and told her how much she loves her, or kissed her caring and understanding wife.... but the family needed money, and 'Rip' has been dutifully mining LI-420 to support them. 'Rip' has endured miserable work conditions, uncaring corporate higher ups, and the occasional Alien parasite, all in the name of supporting her family... and now she's one week from going home. What could possibly go wrong?

20416699973_437509b638_t.jpg

Seamus Aaron (Hinckley)

Race: Human (mostly)

An infamous bounty-hunter, feared galaxy wide, Seamus Aaron is always on the clock. From disintegrating space pirate motherships, to interplanetary pest control, no job is too repugnant for Seamus. As long as Seamus gets payed, it makes no difference. Seamus was trained from a very young age by the last of a dying warrior race, and therefore knows many archaic battle techniques that have been very useful for the bounty hunting career. Additionally, the ancient warrior race bestowed upon Seamus their form-fitting battle gear with highly advanced defense capabilities, and the power to roll up into a perfect sphere somehow. Seamus is also honourable, and will not fight an unarmed opponent.... preferring instead, to toss them a weapon before opening fire. Despite Seamus' reputation, people are still surprised to discover that he is, in fact, a man.

21027827792_068bd3051d_t.jpg

Vasquez Rodriguez (Lady K)

A member of the Rodriguez family has died in every great interstellar conflict in human history dating back to the liberation of Earth from the Hypaxxians. To carry on this honourable tradition, Vasquez Rodriquez enlisted in the Classic Space Federation's Space Marines! Vasquez is honour-bound to die in glorious battle against whomever she deems a worthy opponent. unfortunately for her ambitions of reaching Valhalla, she was stationed on a backwater mining planet marking, or rather, muddling, the border between the Federation, and the Insectoid Empire, and the two have hardly conflicted since they first encountered one another. Until now, she's been pretty bored.

21027834742_a1d1bf86f1_t.jpg

Zipzop Beetlejuice (Sir Stig)

Race: Beetljuician (One eyed monsterous Space bunny)

Zipzop is a self-styled interstellar playboy. Leaving behind him an immense string of scandals and ex-lovers, Zipzop is constantly on the run from his unsavory reputation. He's held many a govenmental office, on countless different worlds, but it always ends up the same for him: He listens to his second head, and ends up in trouble with the public eye. Zipzop believes he's found a safe haven on LI-420, however, since very few people give a damn about the planet, and his salary is still quite good. His only fear is that his first Ex-wife finds him and demands the alimony she is rightfully due. That or his mistress during his stint as Governor of Uranus returns for more cover-up funds.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Hi! I'm Seamus Aaron. I'm a man, don't let the hair fool ya.

I'd like some cookies please!

Claw / LazyChicken = Toy Story aliens

Ender Gaiman / jluck = Ender Wiggin

Hannah Ford / Ranger = Han Solo

'Rip' Sewer / Captain Nemo = Ripley

Bock Pathos / Bob = Spock ??

Vasquez Rodrigeuz reporting in....just show me where the bad guys are and stand back while I work......!

Diamond Dodd here, confirming my hole. I mean, role.

Zipzop Beetlejuice confirmed. Minga: Do you mind showing me the way to the salad bar, and in return I'll let you nibble on one of my cookies. Doesn,t that sound nice? Heck, I'll throw in the whole plate.

Here's everyone I can quickly identify:

4 of 2 (Mostlytechnic) = Seven of Nine (Star Trek), 42 reference (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

Bock Pathos (Bob) = Star Trek reference - presumably something to do with Klingons.

Clark Kubrick (Chromeknight) = Clark Kent(Superman), and possibly a HAL 9000 reference in the description?

Claw (Lazychicken) = Toy Story reference.

Clementine Lister (Lind Whisperer) = Dave Lister, sole surviving member of the crew of the Jupiter Mining Corporation mining vessel Red Dwarf. (Red Dwarf)

Diamond Dodd (CallmePies) = Snake Plisken reference (Escape From New York)

Doctor Wen (Xenophobic Monoxide) = Doctor Who (Doctor Who)

Ender Gaiman (Jluck) = Ender(Ender's Game) and Neil Gaiman.

Hannah Ford (Ranger of the Forest) = Han Solo (Star Wars)

Laura Starbucks (Tariq) = Starbuck (Battlestar Galactica)

Major Dave (Fhomess) = ...David Bowie reference, maybe? (Major Tom)

Nathan 'Maurice' Mallard (TinyPiesRUs) = Malcom Reynolds (Firefly) and Nathan Fillion

'Rip' Sewer (Captain Nemo) = Ripley (Alien)

Seamus Aaron (Hinckley) = Samus Aran (Metroid)

Vasquez Rodriguez (Lady K) = Vasquez (Aliens) and Michelle Rodriguez

Zipzop Beetlejuice (Sir Stig) = Zaphod Beeblebrox (Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

Edited by Lind Whisperer

A quick Google search reveals Harriet Stomper is based off Harry Stamper from Armageddon. I'd like my poorly Photoshopped cookies now please. :laugh:

Wheee hoooo! I'm here, man. Settle down now or I'll have to eat all your cookies.

Hello. I'm Ender Gayman...i mean Gaiman. Gaiman. Yes, because I'm not gay.

Still at work, so no pictures yet, but I will upload them when I get home for sure!

Hello. I'm Ender Gayman...i mean Gaiman. Gaiman. Yes, because I'm not gay.

That's my IRL last name... :look::tongue:

but yes, it is also a reference to Neil Gaiman! And it sounds similar to game! :laugh:

Here's everyone I can quickly identify:

4 of 2 (Mostlytechnic) = Seven of Nine (Star Trek), 42 reference (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

Bock Pathos (Bob) = Star Trek reference - presumably something to do with Klingons.

Clark Kubrick (Chromeknight) = Clark Kent(Superman), and possibly a HAL 9000 reference in the description?

Claw (Lazychicken) = Toy Story reference.

Clementine Lister (Lind Whisperer) = Dave Lister, sole surviving member of the crew of the Jupiter Mining Corporation mining vessel Red Dwarf. (Red Dwarf)

Diamond Dodd (CallmePies) = Snake Plisken reference (Escape From New York)

Doctor Wen (Xenophobic Monoxide) = Doctor Who (Doctor Who)

Ender Gaiman (Jluck) = Ender(Ender's Game) and Neil Gaiman.

Hannah Ford (Ranger of the Forest) = Han Solo (Star Wars)

Laura Starbucks (Tariq) = Starbuck (Battlestar Galactica)

Major Dave (Fhomess) = ...David Bowie reference, maybe? (Major Tom)

Nathan 'Maurice' Mallard (TinyPiesRUs) = Malcom Reynolds (Firefly) and Nathan Fillion

'Rip' Sewer (Captain Nemo) = Ripley (Alien)

Seamus Aaron (Hinckley) = Samus Aran (Metroid)

Vasquez Rodriguez (Lady K) = Vasquez (Aliens) and Michelle Rodriguez

Zipzop Beetlejuice (Sir Stig) = Zaphod Beeblebrox (Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

Yes,

yes,

not what I was aiming for, but that last part's warm,

yes among others!,

you betcha,

that's one of them--although the one you picked up on is not actually my reference but rather me referencing someone making that reference,

yeah,

right on the money!,

yup,

perfect!,

yes that's one,

yes it's pronounced "sew-er" unlike the plumbing system that's spelled the same way,

yes,

right on!,

yep!

I'd like some cookies please!

all good so far!

A quick Google search reveals Harriet Stomper is based off Harry Stamper from Armageddon. I'd like my poorly Photoshopped cookies now please. :laugh:

You're godamn right! Great movie that! :laugh:

Cookies will be presented to participants when I get a full correct list. :grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Rip Sewer is here and ready to go! After a decade of hard labor, I'm not going to let some Blacktrons throw all my work out the window or space-lock or whatever.

4 of 2 is here, please begin now.

"Take a deep breath, there, 4 of 2...or a cold reboot, or whatever it is all of you do to take a breath. We still need Bock Pathos (Bob), Hannah Ford (Ranger of the Forest), Laura Starbucks (Tariq), and Nathan 'Maurice' Mallard (TinyPiesRUs) to report for duty, before we can get the day's work assignments."

I'm Nathan Mallard. If you've got a job, I can do it. Don't much care what it is.

Hannah Ford, reporting in. I see most of these here rookies have chimed in already. Including you, Nathan Mallard :hmpf_bad: But never you fear, it is I who will save the day with my nifty knowledge of dinglehoppers and ultraflywind tech! :excited: