Sign in to follow this  
Kodan Black

[Challenge 2][Cat B] Hidden in Plain Sight

Dr. Munroe -- we received the following from Agent 867-5309 (Codename: Jenny); but sadly she has missed her last 3 check ins and we must consider her currently MIA and likely lost:

Report: Delta-Bravo-38.Jenny -- I know we have long wondered about Octan's seeming lack of ELINT (Electronic Intelligence) vessels. The numbers have never added up that a corporation of that size would have virtually no ELINT assets, and I believe I've discovered why.

We all know Octan loves robots and acquiring new companies. It seems that both of those things factor into their supposed lack of ELINT ships because they actually may have vastly more ELINT capability than we could have ever feared. I've discovered that they are hiding these ships in plain sight!

After Octan bought out Universal Package Syndicate (UPS) and their entirely robotic delivery service it seems they took a portion of those vessels and refitted them. The outward appearance is mostly unchanged from the normal delivery vessels and they still are autonomous, but now the cargo area is used for 4 ELINT analysts and a Senior Analyst. This is likely the case for other companies they have absorbed as well.

20303239474_0d0269484d_c.jpg

20737775270_6d59ebf0f9_c.jpg

The modifications are significant enough that the vessel is almost factory new, but still appears to be of the same vintage as the other "regular" ships from the outside. The ships are able to blend into the background as everyone simply takes them as robotic cargo delivery ships and no one suspects they secretly contain some of the most advanced data gathering and analysis systems available. I was unable to get an upclose look due to security, but I believe I even saw an APGAR-97 "Cyclops" installed which would confirm that it exists!

My work here continues to go unnoticed and I've even been promoted recently to have more responsibilities - they have told me I will have up to 4 robots working for me. I will continue to attempt to gather further info and try for more details on how widespread their ELINT fleet is. At a minimum I've seen 3 different UPS ships and now that I know what to look for I will try to determine what other ships may have been modified.

Jenny

Confirmation:: 993.Victor.Charlie

Extra Pics:

Doors that open! The interior is meant to be cramped kinda like a submarine

20925819795_c2f545a9c9_c.jpg

I'm surprisingly smug to be in such a tight space

20303240424_eaf15fc947_c.jpg

Doors open...

20737863848_3c3c45cc3c_c.jpg

Doors closed...

20899553526_6854d1c0e3_c.jpg

Overall view