Sign in to follow this  
Holodoc

MOC: Small train station from set 4954 (model town house)

indexed.gif

traintech1.jpg

gallery_6705_156_158.png

Hi there!

I always try to build something new from just one set.

When I got my hands on the brilliant 4954 creator model town house, I still missed something similar to the 7997 tn_7997-1_jpg.jpg for my train layout.

So I started to build a train station with that bricks only.

Here are the results (the minifigs are not included to 4954 :-P ):

The front with a glass-cash-back machine (is there a regular name for that?):

front_with_bottle_recycling.jpg

The back. To the left a small pizza service.

backside.jpg

The complete liftable roof.

roof.jpg

The station without roof.

topview.jpg

Waiting area and luggage keeping. Due to my son I had to add a ticket machine instead of a ticket counter. :-| :-D

waiting_area_and_ticket_machine.jpg

The ticket machine in closeup. ;-) This thing is actually working! You can put a ticket in the back that will slide out to the front. *sweet*

To the right a small basin (not so obvious).

ticket_machine.jpg

Before you can pass to the rails you have to void your ticket in the ticket canceler. Then you may pass the barrier.

basin_and_ticket_canceler.jpg

The italian restaurant (take away only :-P ) including an oven, variety of drinks and a small shelf to prepare the pizza.

No need to argue - Pepper�s selling the best pizza in town! X-D

italian_restaurant.jpg

After having built the station I added some more "flavour" to it by placing certain parts NOT included in the creator house. That�s a lot better, off course. :-D

One example:

pict0068.jpg

More in the complete gallery (when moderated).

Note that the "named" pics are from the "4954 section" and the pic.....jpg are from the modded station.

Enjoy and feel free to comment. ;-)

Edited by Rufus
Creator alts link

Very nice, that 4954 MTH color scheme fits well and you really included a lot of neat

details, especially that working ticket machine. *y*

The only thing I miss a little by a station of this size is a toilette.... well, I hope

your train arrives in time, Doc. X-D

Great work! *wub* I have that set (and the train station!) and l love it. I am planning on making mine into building of similar size and structure to Market Street. (I will use extra pieces though as I will need parts for the floors! :-P )

That ticket machine is great! I recall something simiar in a Harry Potter set. Were you trying to replicate that, or was this your original idea? If I didn't already have 7997 I would be considering doing something similar. I love all the rooms and how you made is so the roof came off in one piece.

Were you trying to replicate that, or was this your original idea? If I didn't already have 7997 I would be considering doing something similar. I love all the rooms and how you made is so the roof came off in one piece.

I don

Very nice, with just this sole set to MOC with!

The only thing that seems to be missing is a platform, but presumably building one was not an option with the pieces supplied in the townhouse-set.

I like the design of the clock and speakers, simple but yet very functional.

*y*

The front with a glass-cash-back machine (is there a regular name for that?):

front_with_bottle_recycling.jpg

thats an atm. anyway that is very cool i wish i could moc like that :thumbup:

1. What's pepper doing there?

2. When can we expect instructions?

Lovely MOC. if i get 4954 i'll have to get a 2nd one for this.

1. Placing a bomb. :hmpf: No - he´s selling pizza of course!:wink:

2. Err... later...maybe...

You don´t have to buy two. This MOC was made from one copy only! :classic:

But set 4954 is definitely worth buying two copies anyway. :grin:

Thanks for the late and unexpected replies, guys!

Well done, a classic station with thoroughly modern facilites. (minus the toilet of course)...

I also have an afinity for making MOCs that are limited to the bricks in a single set, but mine don't usually come out as well as what you have here. Even before your non-set-additions, it looks like it could have been a real set. I had planned to do something similar with mine, but I ended up canibalizing it for pieces before I had a chance to.

Something inside made me smirk at the Trekkie peering over from his drink, wondering why he can't just teleport his way to the movie premiere. :tongue:

Great MOC and ticket holder, like said before, cool ideas from you and your son.

but seriously though, shouldn't Pepper be on Lego Island, waiting patiently for a 3rd game? Brickolini Pizza doesn't strike me as a franchise...UNLESS IT'S...A CLONE OF PEPPER!!

I know it's been a while since you posted this, Holodoc, but I was indexing it and just wanted to comment on how nice I think it is. I love how much detail you can get into an interior even in a smaller building like this. Nice work. :classic:

Wow! It's amazing what you can do to sets, Holodoc! I love the working ticket machine! A stroke of genius. Can't wait for your other MOC's!

Unexpected, but thanks anyway! :cry_happy:

Sure thing! You really have so much detail and activity in your interiors. I always run out of space because I try to build so big. But, you're better even than TLG at creating realistic interiors and it's really inspiring to see. The Post Office was a great example of that, but you expect more room in a bigger modular MOC. Nevertheless, a functioning post office with sorting, delivery and HR offices was a nice surprise. This is a normal system scale creation and every space has a function and I think that's a real skill. Seriously, there's even an Italian restaurant inside!

I also love the bottle recycler. We don't have those in the states and I just saw a real one for the first time in Norway. Another example of your great attention to detail. :thumbup:

I too am a fan of building a new creation from worthy sets Holodoc. You have nailed the station! This is exceptionally built and detailed for a limited amount of bricks, well done!

I love the ticket dispenser and voider, as well as Peppers Pizza takeaway, very cool indeed! :thumbup:

Tan fans unite!