supertruper1988

[MOC] 8 Wide Train cars (Intermodal, Box, Flat)

I am really having fun "building" my collection in LDD. I wish I had space to build in my apartment but alas a virtual collection will have to do.

I have been building in the 2 Plates = 1 Foot scale and I really enjoy the realism I can attain,

Here are some train cars I made. I want to tackle a Loco next but I havent decided what to use as a prototype.

The first one I did is a 50' (40 Stud) Flat Car:

QVZoyeL.png

I then basically added sides and doors to make a box car:

lGXaxAf.png

I then decided to ramp up may game a lot.

I have always been fascinated with intermodal container cars and Spline cars so I tried my hand at a 5 section intermodal container car. Each bay holds a 40' (32 Stud) container. The longer stacked ones are 53' (42 Stud) containers.

YKg0QoZ.png

I borrowed the truck design from Cale Leiphart in an early RailBricks issue. I modified it to use the power functions wheels instead of building an axle by disassembling the existing axle assembly. I really like it for a more American style of building instead of European prototypes.

Looking good, and I bet your pocketbook thanks your small apartment for forcing you into the land of virtual (grin)

cool! but are those colors realistic? for me some appear to don't match well.

Looking good, and I bet your pocketbook thanks your small apartment for forcing you into the land of virtual (grin)

Oh yes and it also makes my wife happy :lol:

cool! but are those colors realistic? for me some appear to don't match well.

I think this is from my render the reflections have a blue tine from the "sky" That cant be seen here.

I need 8w train for auto control system, can you share your LDD?

Sure I will get it later today for you.

Great job designing those cars. My favorite one is the green box car.

Edited by Legoboy22

Good looking rolling stock. You'll have to make a powerful locomotive. (Those Technic wheels and axles have a lot of rolling friction.)

Great job designing those cars. My favorite one is the green box car.

Thank you!

Good looking rolling stock. You'll have to make a powerful locomotive. (Those Technic wheels and axles have a lot of rolling friction.)

Thats too bad. I will have to do some tests when I have time and money. I already plan to remove the rubber band maybe I will have to put some grease in them.