Sign in to follow this  
WickNole

[Challenge 2 ][Cat A] OS-21.2C "Galeopterus"

I wanted my own ship since the first days in Andromeda, but it was too expensive to bring my old one here through the Gate.

But not so long time ago Octan Corporation had researched spaceship mastery and launched the orbital shipyards on Farmolis: and here, above our new homeworld, the prices are finally affordable.

"Galeopterus" is almost ready. Should be able to test it in flight very soon.

19300417593_13ef8e3482_c.jpg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

19986120512_861a01fbd0_c.jpg

OS-21.2C "Galeopterus" is a small transport/reconnaissance craft equipped with quantum field generator to hide its heat signature (hence, the "S" is added to standard Octan Corporation Space Vessel naming). The craft's purpose is to supply cover operation groups deep inside rivals' territory or alien-infected sectors. "Galeopterus" is also capable of doing reconnaissance missions - and in this case the rear cargo bay is loaded with surveillance equipment.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

19870580399_075c05be5e_c.jpg

19869195608_1f57120d9d_c.jpg

19434589574_033ba79c78_c.jpg

19869281840_213838f052_c.jpg

20031041416_43daecd1d9_c.jpg

19870627299_1ac066672d_c.jpg

19436319423_448e964855_c.jpg

19436306843_21c7da5e91_c.jpg

20030987836_bea5f107d5_c.jpg

Edited by WickNole

As soon as the ship is commissioned and test flight plan is approved by Dr. Long and Octan Board. :wink:

Wow, you need to build ships more often

the photography alone is instantly stunning and picks up all of the great details you included. the color scheme is subtle but rich, i really like the contrast between the white and dbg. the 2x4 tiles on the engines play nicely against the other angles of the wings and top of the ship. the windshield is integrated very well and does not draw attention to how it is connected. the guns on the side are very unique and interesting. I do think their connection between the guns and the wings could have been a bit smoother. I find that it's hard to both cover the studs on those wedge plates and keep it from looking blocky. the other greebles are great but i'm not a big fan of the levers, especially when they are in black and stand out against the rest of the color scheme. i really like the greebling behind the second pilot but am not crazy about the grill bricks behind your character, i think they don't fit into the rest of the greebling you've used, but i do love the inverted slopes you've used to wrap around his shape. my favorite part is the shaping you used along the back and the way it opens. that was very unexpected, yet incredibly appropriate and it makes the ship feel much more realistic.

excellent, excellent work. now get this one a cat b big brother.

Thanks. :blush:

I really appreciate the comment. Will certainly consider making these improvements you've offered.

Nice work! I see you're taking the opportunity to really challenge Dr. Long's company position! I do like that you've given it a fair bit of bulk for a small craft, makes it feel a touch more realistic.

Edited by Commander Turtle

Fabulous work here! The wings and engines are superb and I really like the cockpit :thumbup:

Edited by LittleJohn

Very nice work. The overall shape is really nice, and all the details really bring the design to life. The only thing I am not sold on are the antenna pieces on the side of the cockpit. They seem to be there for decoration only, unlike all the other greebles which look like they have purpose. Nice work!

Fantastic ship Wick, superb shaping and texture, and as goatman mentioned, the opening double cockpit is a excellent addition! :sweet: The wings, guns, and thrusters are great, and I'm loving the studs out sides! Unlike the others, I am actually a fan of the antenna on the sides - they add somewhat to the sides which it would otherwise be lacking. Stupendous job as usual! :excited:

There it is!

And it is beautiful!

Great shape and wonderful details!!!

That's a really cool ship, very well built! And your photography is top-notch.

What the... *huh* This is incredible! :wub: I feel unworthy of offering any criticism, but I think the tiniest splash of green somewhere wouldn't hurt, both to make it more Octan and to make it a bit more colourful. Maybe swap one of the trans red 1x1 tiles for a trans green or something like that?

I really like the texturing here, which is in part the plates and tiles on the sides of the ship and in part the effect of it's being white bricks and a little contrast with the grey. Really sweet. The overall shape is great and I love the cockpit. That's a beauty. :thumbup: