Sign in to follow this  
David FNJ

[M - F02] Octan Games

Tags: MANTIS, Spying

19655568631_0f19c2da24_c.jpg

AG: Octan Games by David FNJ, on Flickr

Double D's log 8:

Several days after being sent on our next mission from the MANTIS LD HQ[/ul], we emerged from a large crack in the ground much like the one I was in during my Waterbug mission. Of course we had already bypassed any heavy security that patrolled the boarders so all we needed was a way inside the building.

We spotted something a few hundred meters East that looked interesting, so we went to go see what it was.

19463599200_1eba736978_z.jpg

"Well that's just cheating! Equipping your bot with a shock-pulse gun!"

"Well, no one is here to see it, huh? Too bad. Who needs that hunk of junk rolling bot nowadays anyway!"

"Fine, wait till I get my bot and THEN we'll see who's got a good fighter. This was just a test round to make sure I'm not going to waste my time with a fight against something too wipmy."

"OH?! Is that a challenge?! Haha, I accept! Let's go get this 'champ' of a bot that you claim to got!"

"Did you just make a rhyme?"

"I don't care. Let's go, Jerry will recycle the parts from the losing bot - if he can find any! Haha!"

19655568471_ccda5082a0_z.jpg

When we arrived, we found a lone robot that apparently lost to a duel against another one of Octan's robots.

19030160823_5a1965d1c5_z.jpg

It almost looked sad...plus it may have had some nice Octan information or key of some sort, so we decided to fix it.

19030161243_abe2638043_z.jpg

Almost immediately, the bot seemed to take a liking to us! It even changed it's camera light to green rather than the hideous red it had before we had fixed it. After playing around with its electronics for a bit, we found that the bot could enter the complex through a door designed for small robots. It was perfect. We had found a way in without being detected! Looks like we had found a new friend.

19624907906_26a1f50b5d_z.jpg

~DD out

Edited by David FNJ

Nice idea! Reminds me of the TBBT-epsiode including the robo-fight between Sheldon and Kripke.

Once more you present a good looking landscape, these blue things are clever!

Great little bots David FNJ, I must admit, the M.A.N.T.I.S. one is pretty sweet! Very nice pen and landscaping as well, those plants using the blue technic pins are awesome! :wink::thumbup:

:laugh: Very clever story idea, and the blue landscape is pretty neat too! :thumbup:

Great story and landscape. Those technic pins as flora is just inspired!

Really nice idea and execution! I'm always pro arena robot fights! :laugh::thumbup: The robot turned MANTIS is reallt cute, and those plants are very original!