WickNole

[O - E03]. Are you ready?

Tags: civil

Terrain: Spaceship Interior

Start of transmission #08.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The Axle. Observation hall.

19610890326_84c3aa00e8_z.jpg

Another week had passed. I'm still stuck here. No doubt, the Axle is an awesome ship, but... three weeks is a long time. And doc says I'd probably have to stay a bit more. This venom is really hard to get rid of.

Every day begins in observation hall OW-008. People are rushing to their stations and cabinets. And I am just standing here, watching at one of Ertauq moons - Ertauq IV - rises from behind the planet.

19647642292_08171a0ab9_c.jpg

Every day ends in observation hall OW-008. Same place, same view, much fewer companions.

19032136004_404da5fd93_c.jpg

Need to get out of here.

End of transmission #08.

The build:

19654687625_3f90820212_c.jpg

19659181001_df22640d34_c.jpg

(build notes) - the teaser picture is changed to dark background. Want to thank Ferdinando for this idea. :wink:

This week's idea was to try forced perspective and "only MOC is visible " shots.

Edited by WickNole

The layout is great, although I think it would look better with a black (star spotted maybe?) background for a more spacey effect.

The layout is great, although I think it would look better with a black (star spotted maybe?) background for a more spacey effect.

Thanks! I see what i can do about the darker background.

very nice update, I really like what you tried to achieve here. I think it worked really well!

Oh, wow, great build! The changing surroundings with your character in the same position gives it a really cinematic quality - amazing stuff! :wub:

Very nice observation hall Wick, the windows are great and the FP with the planet is excellent! I personally prefer it with all the people running about - it seems to actually make his loneliness stand out even more than with almost no one there. Another superb build from you!

You've really set a great mood here Wick with those first pictures, and the interior looks really clean and modern. The shape of those windows is also spot on! :thumbup:

Great build! The black background does indeed give the build an extra "wow" factor. Excellent! :thumbup:

Great scene. Really hits those end of Empire Strikes Back chords too.

Really nice observation hall. It's nice to see some downtime moments like these displayed as well.

So sad, poor Wick. I really like the Home One vibe this has. I also like the greebled middle section of the floors, but i think you need to focus on single color greebling instead of mixing lbg and dbg. The greebling could also start deeper within the floors so that you have more options for parts and more depth to play with.

Thank you all for the comments and suggestions.

As for the scoring...

@Bob - I see that I've got +3 credits as a profession bonus, but I don't think this one counts as "engineering" build (also, for previous two weeks there were no extra credits for similar Axle interior scenes - and I totally agree with that). Could you please comment? :blush:

It was said (somewhere) that space station are considered buildings (probably because an engineer wanted his 3 credits when he built a space station). If no engineer bonuses were given in past weeks then it's a mistake.

It was said (somewhere) that space station are considered buildings (probably because an engineer wanted his 3 credits when he built a space station). If no engineer bonuses were given in past weeks then it's a mistake.

Oh... In this case I want my +3 +3 credits for previous two weeks as well. :sweet: