Sign in to follow this  
Commander Beltar

[K - A08] A Strange Deal

Tags: Military, Spaceship (station), Civil, Spying, Kinda Piracy,

============================================================================

Begin Log, Chapter 1, Part: 008:

19395051628_b0a6655f8f_z.jpg

Beltar moved along the ventilation system aboard the Kaiju as quietly as a shadow. For some reason, Colonel Nu'q LEarberg, aka Q had not been in his main office. However, listening in on encrypted intercom, he managed to track down Nu'q to a small, guarded offcie near the engineering bays. Approaching the room, he looked down.

Nu’q: Almost another 500 credits to the bank! Time to get another copy of Domination for Dummies! After paying off lay-a-way!

Beltar: ….So he’s how I got my copy? STAY ON TASK MAN!

Nu’q: What was that? Hmm, I wonder...

Beltar: That was close….

18962106523_bfd3a14bab_z.jpg

Beltar dropped down after opening the grate quietly, then he threw a shuriken towards Q’s gun, and it locked the gun onto the floor. Beltar ran to a position behind Q right after in the blink of an eye and held a knife to his head.

18960448474_649be6b5e8_z.jpg

Nu'q: Hello there...Beltar. What is it that you require?

Beltar: Wha- How'd you know it was me?

18960445974_452bbc95d6_z.jpg

*Nu’q slowly pointed at the empty chair*

Nu’q: Take a seat, Beltar. I'm surprised you didn't bring PauL.

Beltar: How’d you- ANYWAYS, Great. NOW-

Nu'q: What is it that you require?

Beltar: A favour.

*Nu'q slowly points at the empty chair again.*

19396443089_891d2a3fe2_z.jpg

Beltar walked over, placed the knife on the counter and sat down cautiously.

Beltar: First, disarm the beacon. DISARM IT! I know guards aren’t supposed to come in for the first two minutes of a beacon. Disarm it NOW!

Nu'q: Please. If I didn't want you here, I would have had you arrested during the last hours when you where crawling through the ventilation system. Seriously, how did you think that you managed to listen to my encrypted intercom? I designed the decryptors you use.

Beltar: ...Uhm...

Nu'q: Now, I can do your favour, but I would like you to do something for me first. Are you interested in hearing my proposal?

Beltar …Of course…

Nu’q: I am secretyly building a... special... kind of ship. Since it's in the early stage experimental prototype, the Kawashita Groyp standards state that it should be unmanned. Howevere, due to the signifivant investment the ship poses, The Board wants someone to be able to pilot the ship should something go...wrong. As you understand, this needs to be done oustide official channels, so if you pilot it, I will do your favour. After all, you were a pilot yourself before your incident, weren't you?

Beltar: THE FILE IS A LIE! Would you like to know what I think to your offer?

Nu’q: Yes.

18962094343_9465e617c0_z.jpg

Beltar got up slowly,picked up his knife, and moved towards the un-moving Q.

Beltar: I think that THE DEAL IS NOT ACCEPTA- Hmm…. Perhaps I…can pilot that…thing….

18962091823_72be81c83b_z.jpg

Q carefully turned and stretched out his hand.

Nu’q: Do we have a deal then?

Beltar: Hmm…

Nu’q: This offer won’t last. All I have to do is yell and security will be in. Do you accept the offer?

18960436034_b32627ea72_z.jpg

Beltar stretched his hand out after finishing a short though: It has to be worth it. It MUST be worth it. But that prototype ship.Prototype. Ah, screw it.

Beltar: Deal.

Nu’q: Wise choice. Now, you will meet me in my private hangar later today, and what exactly do you need agent?

Beltar: Look into a file on a Lauren A. Beltar…

Nu’q: Oh. Her. I briefly saw her in your file, but I will look for her specific file.

19395041930_72d3478c4b_z.jpg

Beltar walked over to Q’s gun, picked up the shuriken, then proceeded the exit the same way he came in.

Beltar: I’ll dock with the Kaiji as soon as I can… PauL is almost completely finished…

Nu’q: Ah, yes, your robot. I forgot about him. And about your most recent incident on Arium Major…

Before Q even finished his phrase, with a quick leap and a pull, Beltar was out of Q’s hair. For now.

Moments Later:

19396431189_6c2f4a59c6_z.jpg

Sonja: Sir, everything okay? Your beacon was active for 2.3 minutes, the guards outside were arguing with us. Sorry sir.

Rodrigo: AH! No fight. Can I ever actually get to fight someone outside of training?

19556824616_1819eeafcd_z.jpg

Nu’q rose and announced:

Nu’q: Yes, yes, everything is quite alright. You may leave now.

19576111272_4498580330_z.jpg

Sonja: Sorry sir, as a precaution, I need to leave these two men as guards for the next 24 hours. Standard protocol for our unit.

19395031240_a17220c6b1_z.jpg

Nu’q: There is really no need for tha-

Rodrigo: Heya man! Can I have your autograph? Big fan, you designed this amazing space station!

Nu'q: *Sigh*

19582989785_50cd0b6f38_z.jpg

Of course, Beltar still watched on for a little while, to make sure Q didn’t spill their conversation.

Beltar: Till we meet again…

Close Log, Chapter 1, Part 008

============================================================================

More Pics in the spoiler! Because I take too many!

How I connected it:

19556813366_9f27178124_z.jpg

Overview 1:

18962069603_67767f6730_z.jpg

V2:

18960427124_f1db9f1e45_z.jpg

Spares:

18962104093_f763aa0868_z.jpg

Right Side:

19576100042_9a20175d88_z.jpg

Left Side:

19395008458_4f7ba35afb_z.jpg

Final Overview:

19582977655_65f6400012_z.jpg

Thanks for reading this installment in Beltar’s story! Q and Beltar’s paths seem to cross a lot…Hope you enjoyed! C and C welcome!

~Beltar

(Many of Q's lines are actually from NuckElBerg. :wink:)

Edited by Commander Beltar

Very nice interior scene! Maybe I shouldn't be saying this, but I do like the Kawashita colors!

Great build and story Beltar, I really like the helmets and weapons around the room! I have to agree with Kai, the Kawashita colors are really cool! :wink:

If Beltar doesn't want to pilot the super-secret prototype ship, I'll do it! I can fly anything! I can even keep the number of things I crash into to a bare minimum...

Cool office! I like the desk, and the gear scattered around. Well done!

Awesome build Beltar. I just love your story telling!

Thanks for the comments everyone! :wub:

Nice build! Great story as usual!

Thanks Mike!

Reminds me of a futuristic Assassins Creed. Good job. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks! Wasn't really going for that, but it does work!

Awesome!

Thanks!

Really great Kawashita office! And nice story, as always :thumbup:

Thanks Sal!

Great build and story. Beltar is a loose cannon!

Yes, he most definitely is :laugh: Thanks!

Very nice interior scene! Maybe I shouldn't be saying this, but I do like the Kawashita colors!

Yes! Kawashita colors are the best! And look great in offices, you should paint your office Dark Red and see what your corporation says about it! :laugh:

Great build and story Beltar, I really like the helmets and weapons around the room! I have to agree with Kai, the Kawashita colors are really cool! :wink:

Thanks Garmadon! I had to take up some of the space on the walls with something, and the armor and weapons did the job.

If Beltar doesn't want to pilot the super-secret prototype ship, I'll do it! I can fly anything! I can even keep the number of things I crash into to a bare minimum...

Cool office! I like the desk, and the gear scattered around. Well done!

Er. For story sake Beltar will pilot it... :grin::tongue: But I assume if Q wasn't threatened someone like you would pilot it. 'Bare Minimum'..... Thanks!

Great job and excellent story!

Thanks!

A perfect illustrated story and good use of photography

Thanks narbilu-sama! My newer camera is really making a difference...But I don't have a macro lens. :sceptic:

Awesome build Beltar. I just love your story telling!

Thanks robuko! Usually I don't have time to build amazing things as others do, so stories are always a pleasure to make good!

Great build! I really like the armor holders :classic:

Thanks John! Glad you like it!

~Beltar

Really like the office. The scenes are really well choreographed and photographed for story effect. :thumbup:

Well, since I've already read (and rewritten parts of) this story a couple of times, I don't really know what more I can say except that I really like it! :laugh: Thanks for (another) great collab week Beltar! :blush: